User Tag List

First 12202122232432 Last

Thread: American Idol

MBTI
    INTJ

Wow! You got to be there in person!
    I'll have to come back and read this later.
    I have too much to do today.
    But thanks! I can't wait to read it!
    (Well, obviously I can, but you know what I mean.)

MBTI
    INTP

Cool review, spartan26! I'd love to actually attend a taping--I think that would be a lot of fun.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by spartan26 View Post
    ... Right in front of them was some circus freak w/a ton of tattoos on his face. Was he famous? I couldn't get a complete look at him.
    tee-hee... Not positive if it was him, but the contestant Carly Smithson? With the huge tattoo halfway down her arm? Her husband has tattoos everywhere, including his face. It could have been him.

They own a tattoo parlor together, in the San Diego area, I think.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by spartan26 View Post
    I can't remember if this was on air or not but a great moment was after the call in question segment where the lady asked why did Simon feel the need to always apologize after ever time he criticized someone, as the contestants where chilling out on the couch waiting to come out of commercial, Ryan Seacrest asked Carly if she and Simon had made up and she said in that great Irish brogue, "Nuh, und apparently he wun't be uhplogizin' any time soon now ei'er."
    Yes, it was on the air... and it was rather entertaining.

I know Dolly wrote it but the best anyone could ever hope for, the best, is someone to say you sounded just as good as Whitney. Which, A, ain't gonna happen. B, people would still take Whitney. I meant to call my contact to find out how they determine who sings what songs.
    I agree. Sometimes they choose from a list of songs. If more than one person chooses the same song as first choice, they sometimes draw out of a hat to see who gets to have it.

I couldn't feel sorry for Carly after she butchered Here You Come Again.
    I thought she did well in slowing the song, but as usual, she always has to yell in her songs.

I just wonder who that violinist was Simon bagged on. More so wondering if he still had a job.
    The violinist didn't do anything wrong. Simon insulted the violin player when he was judging Brooke's performance.
    YouTube - Jolene - Brooke White [with judges' comments]
    "weird violin player"
    "someone who's better in the shade"

Dolly is 62 years old, btw.
    She has had some plastic surgery.
    Unfortunately, I think she used the same doctor as Joan Rivers.
    It's a shame. Bad job.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Dolly is 62 years old, btw.
    She has had some plastic surgery.
    Unfortunately, I think she used the same doctor as Joan Rivers.
    It's a shame. Bad job.
    Off topic, but have you seen Priscilla Presley on DWTS? She is also 62 and her face is pretty messed up. My FIL said he saw her on a talk show recently saying how her plastic surgeon butchered her.

Back on topic, I enjoyed last night's show, although not quite as much as last week's. Once again Michael Johns was great. Seems like he's finally found his groove. I also liked Jason Castro's performance even though I've never heard that version of the song before. And David Archuletta did not disappoint. Surprises: Christy Lee Cook was actually pretty good. And David Cook was a let-down. I just didn't get his performance.

Tonight it's Idol Gives Back, should be a good show.

Last night was one of the few times I can remember where I didn't think anyone was particularly good. On merit, I don't think anyone should feel safe, although there surely are a few people safe as kittens.

On another note, I think Michael Johns should stop raiding the closet of Three's Company landlord Mr. Furley.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Last night was one of the few times I can remember where I didn't think anyone was particularly good. On merit, I don't think anyone should feel safe, although there surely are a few people safe as kittens.

On another note, I think Michael Johns should stop raiding the closet of Three's Company landlord Mr. Furley.
    Agreed, and hahaha!

Where are they getting these stupid themes?

On another note, I'm about to watch possibly 3 1/2 hours of this crappy Idol Gives Back show b/c Heart is going to be on. I hope they're on in the first few minutes so I don't have to endure the rest.

I will probably watch it all the way through just to see what kind of ridiculousness they can come up with. I'm not sure they can ever top Elvis dueting with Celine Dion from a couple years ago, but I can always hope.

Also, I didn't know Heart was showing up, that's cool. I went to see them several times all the way back in the 80s.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

I will probably watch it all the way through just to see what kind of ridiculousness they can come up with. I'm not sure they can ever top Elvis dueting with Celine Dion from a couple years ago, but I can always hope.
    Ah, yes, a beautiful trainwreck.

Also, I didn't know Heart was showing up, that's cool. I went to see them several times all the way back in the 80s.
    Yeah, they are awesome. They did "Barracuda" with Fergie. I think she invited them to do it with her, so I guess that wins her a few points with me. Would have preferred it without her, though!

Thank goodness it came on early in the show. I no longer have to watch anyone interview Miley Cyrus.

MBTI
    INTP

I would agree.

My thoughts:

- David A looked positively depressed (and sounded depressed) when he sang Angel. Simon was right that he sounded nasally.

- The other David was totally forgettable, as was Kristy Lee.

- Sayesha and Brooke were lukewarm.

- Simon was right that Carly sounded angry when she sang.

- Michael's performance was probably my favourite, albeit not necessarily executed too well. I admit to love hearing the accent of a fellow Australian in the post-performance chit chat.

- I didn't really get Jason's performance. In fact, I actually forgot about him until I went back to the AI home page to make sure I'd covered them all.

I'm not sure who will go this week. It's probably time for Kristy Lee to say goodbye, but I can't say that I'd be sorry to see Brooke, Carly, Syesha or Jason go home either.