User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

Thread: American Idol

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Ah. Is Eri an ISTJ?
    Nah, INTP...I guess it's more the rebel-rocker thing. Not meant to be taken all that seriously or literally, I'm sure.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Nah, INTP...I guess it's more the rebel-rocker thing. Not meant to be taken all that seriously or literally, I'm sure.
    Ah.
    Amanda is an interesting chick.
    I'm sure she'll get some more work performing.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

It's not a type thing, Amanda just reminds me of Eri and it was meant as a compliment. Sorry she had to go home. There were so many others who were cack that should have gone home.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    It's not a type thing, Amanda just reminds me of Eri and it was meant as a compliment. Sorry she had to go home. There were so many others who were cack that should have gone home.
    What's interesting about this year is that ALL the Top 12 could sing - not just SOME of them, like in previous years. While I could always count on Amanda for an enjoyable performance, the truth is, she is actually pretty limited vocally. She doesn't have good control of her notes on slower songs (See my previous post # 173 where I linked Carry On My Wayward Son), and I think perhaps it's true that she is a "one trick pony". However, that one trick is pretty good and enjoyable, as I said. What I'm saying is, REALISTICALLY, I think she deserved to go next, but I still hope now that she has some fame, she'll get some gigs.

MBTI
    INTP

David Cook for the win tonight, folks! Liked Brooke and Michael. Syesha had a good night.

The rest were just aight, for me for you, dawg. </Randy>

I can't believe the judges liked the horror of Kristy Lee singing "God Bless the USA." That was pure Indiana County Fair right there.

Carly has a great voice, so why do I keep forgetting she's in the competition? It's weird.

Ramiele needs to stop letting whoever's dressing her do that to her. And she needs to not scream at me when she sings.

David Cook, Carly and Michael were the best tonight in my opinion. David pulled off the "Hello" trick again (but he better not try it a third time), Carly made me like a song I don't like, and Michael finally showed the promise he's teased us with.

That said, I was REALLY impressed with Kristy Lee's song choice. It was such an incredibly canny and savvy thing to do, and it showed a survival instinct I didn't know she had. This is a competition, and she did what she had to do to survive another week. And not for nothing, but this was the best she has sung so far too.

I predict Ramiele, Chikezie and Carly for the bottom three, although on merit I think it should be Ramiele, Syesha and Kristy Lee.

On a personal note, I thought Brooke was 100 times prettier with the straighter hair. I would never have thought a hairstyle could affect someone's attractiveness that much.
    Last edited by EffEmDoubleyou; 03-26-2008 at 07:09 AM.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Carly has a great voice, so why do I keep forgetting she's in the competition? It's weird.
    Because she shouts her way through every song and she's unpleasant to watch while she's doing it?

MBTI
    INTJ

Last night was weird for me.
    The judges - more than once - said the opposite of what I expected.
    Sometimes my fear of what they're going to say can ruin my enjoyment of the song.

There seemed almost a conspiracy to point out the fact that somebody else besides little David Archuleta could win this competition. How many times did they say that last night - not in so many words though?!

I loved that song that David A. did - You're the Voice. I thought he did a great job.

I was unfamiliar with Jason's song, but those who knew it said he did well.

Do any of you guys vote?

I do.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    There seemed almost a conspiracy to point out the fact that somebody else besides little David Archuleta could win this competition. How many times did they say that last night - not in so many words though?!
    Wow, I didn't get that at all. I mean, the judges did say a few times that this or that contestant could win, but I would have never thought to link it to David Archuleta. I don't actually see him as one of the favorites. I think that hands down he has the worst taste in song choice of any of them (and even maybe of past seasons too), and I think that's going to bring him down in the end. If past seasons are any guide, the Tiger Beat teen crush guy never wins.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    Wow, I didn't get that at all. I mean, the judges did say a few times that this or that contestant could win, but I would have never thought to link it to David Archuleta. I don't actually see him as one of the favorites. I think that hands down he has the worst taste in song choice of any of them (and even maybe of past seasons too), and I think that's going to bring him down in the end. If past seasons are any guide, the Tiger Beat teen crush guy never wins.
    Oh. You didn't know that in all the polls, David Archuleta usually has twice as many votes as the next top competitor? Yeah. Huge voting fan base.