User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

Results 171 to 180 of 322

Thread: American Idol

  1. #171
    Senior Member Dansker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    341

    Default

    My thoughts:

    When I saw that Kristy was in the bottom three, I expected her to be the one sent home. After the abysmal performance last week and the lukewarm effort this week, I was shocked that she made the top 10.

    I didn't expect Carly to be in the bottom three. I can't say I was a big fan at first, but I have warmed to her over the last few weeks. I didn't think Blackbird was great, but I loved her performance last week.

    I was surprised that the Australian guy made it through, but my patriotic side was glad that he did.

    Like Tallulah, I am a Brooke fan, but this week's performance left me a bit speechless. I just didn't get it.

    Looking forward to next week.

  2. #172
    unscannable Tigerlily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    5,935

    Default

    I just can't believe they voted Eri off.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

  3. #173
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I'm so upset Amanda went home last night! ... Kristy Lee for another week? ... I want her gone. GONE, America! Do you hear me?
    Yeah, I was surprised. She's kinda grown on me. Even though she's vocally limited (Carry On My Wayward Son) I still was enjoying her performances. She saved me from many a bland night.

    I'm digging Chikezie and his quirky self. ...
    me: yes and no. Yes at first. No if he does Bluegrass one more time.:steam:

    I'm not really surprised Carly was in the bottom 3. ...I think her fans are going to be older than the usual AI voter base (13 year old girls).
    I was really shocked since they've been fawning all over her.

    I could have killed Syesha for her version of "Yesterday" and the level of hard-working emoting going on. Not sure why the judges liked that. And again being shallow--go back to curly hair, Syesha!!!
    That was exquisite. What are you talking about?! I liked her hair the week before. Very classy.

    Ramiele's cute and has a beautiful voice, but she still looks uncomfortable every week. ...
    I enjoy her heartfelt ballads. She has a pretty voice.

    Digged David Cook's use of the Frampton voicebox thingy. That was cool. ...
    Me, too. I don't like rock very much, but he's okay. He's more tolerable than most.

    Archuleta's very hit and miss. When he's on, he is ON. When he's not, he's just a little irritating and odd. He's probably going to win it, though.
    The only miss was when he forgot the words, otherwise he's been solid every week.

    Love Brooke White. LOVE her. Except for this week. ... And she should have shut up when getting feedback....
    Really unique, enjoyable voice. You're right, she shouldn't have been a control freak like that. She needs to just smile and accept it. America doesn't like it when you talk back. That may have been what put Carly in the bottom 3.

  4. #174
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dansker View Post
    My thoughts:

    When I saw that Kristy was in the bottom three, I expected her to be the one sent home. After the abysmal performance last week and the lukewarm effort this week, I was shocked that she made the top 10.

    I didn't expect Carly to be in the bottom three. I can't say I was a big fan at first, but I have warmed to her over the last few weeks. I didn't think Blackbird was great, but I loved her performance last week.

    I was surprised that the Australian guy made it through, but my patriotic side was glad that he did.

    Like Tallulah, I am a Brooke fan, but this week's performance left me a bit speechless. I just didn't get it.

    Looking forward to next week.
    I don't get why people like Michael Johns either.


    It's hard to be great every single week.
    Thankfully, Brooke had enough fans to carry her through.

  5. #175
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    I just can't believe they voted Eri off.
    I don't understand... they voted off Amanda Overmyer. Who's Eri?

    I actually voted for Amanda Tuesday night, about 100 times.

  6. #176
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I don't understand... they voted off Amanda Overmyer. Who's Eri?

    I actually voted for Amanda Tuesday night, about 100 times.
    Jen is saying that Amanda reminds her of Eri (a poster here), personality-wise.

  7. #177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Yes, and Carrie Underwood is the only one of those with real superstar success.
    I don't know, I'd say Kelly Clarkson is a bigger star. But I don't listen to country music, so maybe I'm wrong.

    I was referring to REAL "Idols" as I listed, not these manufactured ones. And my point was that looks DO matter, though I have no idea how Reuben snuck through.
    Sorry. When you used the wording "American Idols" I thought you were referring exclusively to contestants on the show.

    My point was that looks has a lot to do with someone's popularity. That's not a big secret.
    Well, nobody can argue with that.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

  8. #178
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Jen is saying that Amanda reminds her of Eri (a poster here), personality-wise.
    Ah. Is Eri an ISTJ?

  9. #179
    Wild Card Atomic Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    7,164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Ah. Is Eri an ISTJ?
    Oh hell no.

  10. #180
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    I don't know, I'd say Kelly Clarkson is a bigger star. But I don't listen to country music, so maybe I'm wrong.
    ....
    Checking into it, Kelly is a bigger star than I was aware of. I didn't know she's got a couple of Grammys. Carrie does, too.

Similar Threads

  1. American Idol Season 9
    By Lotr246 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 02:12 AM
  2. American Idol - Judge The Judges
    By highlander in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 05:46 AM
  3. American Idol
    By Lotr246 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-22-2010, 08:48 AM
  4. Favorite American Idol Singer?
    By avolkiteshvara in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 07:35 PM
  5. American Idol - Jason Castro
    By INTJMom in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 04:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO