User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

Results 161 to 170 of 322

Thread: American Idol

  1. #161
    Procrastinating
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    954

    Default

    Dang! BB on again at the same time! last week my recorder messed up and I missed it. Maybe I'll record AI this time to be fair.

  2. #162
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,350

    Default A couple of shockers last night!

    I was really surprised that Carly Smithson was in the bottom 3!

    And I was surprised Amanda Overmyer went home instead of Kristy Lee Cook.

    And so we have our Top 10. They get to go on Tour this summer.
    I'm planning to see them when they come to Manchester, NH!

  3. #163
    Senior Member Griffi97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    And I was surprised Amanda Overmyer went home instead of Kristy Lee Cook.

    Well I guess the Vote for the Worst folks don't have as much clout as they used to. I'll bet it will be Christy who they start voting for next.

    I hope the contestants step it up a notch for next week. I loved the Beatles week 1; week 2 was a pretty big disappointment. But Chikezie was great - he is really turning out to be versatile and entertaining.

  4. #164
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Griffi97 View Post
    Well I guess the Vote for the Worst folks don't have as much clout as they used to. I'll bet it will be Christy who they start voting for next.

    I hope the contestants step it up a notch for next week. I loved the Beatles week 1; week 2 was a pretty big disappointment. But Chikezie was great - he is really turning out to be versatile and entertaining.
    I agree about VFTW. They couldn't save Danny either.
    I think they've lost their momentum.

    Beatles two weeks in a row was a bad idea.

    If Chikezie does Bluegrass one more time, he's going to be on my official hate list.

  5. #165
    To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Posts
    892

    Default

    Haha. Reading all this is just as good as watching the show.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

    9w1 so/sx/sp

  6. #166

    Default

    I can't believe Carly was in the bottom 3, while Ramiele was safe. Not a good sign for Carly's chances to win. I think Kristy Lee, Michael Johns and David Archuleta are the finalists for "person who will stay much longer than they deserve just because of their appeal to the opposite sex."

    One thing was interesting to me that no one will care about since I think I'm the only guy that posts in this thread. Kristy Lee, Carly and Amanda were all at the absolute apex of their attractiveness last night. It was the best all three of them have ever looked on the show. I remember thinking "at least whoever goes will go out looking hot!" Hah.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

  7. #167
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    I can't believe Carly was in the bottom 3, while Ramiele was safe. Not a good sign for Carly's chances to win. I think Kristy Lee, Michael Johns and David Archuleta are the finalists for "person who will stay much longer than they deserve just because of their appeal to the opposite sex."
    I agree about the other 2 but not David A. David A. really CAN sing. Michael Johns CAN'T. No one has ever called him on the fact that he's almost always flat - well maybe Randy, once.

    Let's face it - American Idols are ALL ABOUT being good looking, as well as good singers.
    Look at the Beatles. Do you think all that screaming was ONLY about their music? I think not.
    What about Elvis? Same thing.
    Name anybody else at the top of the record sales charts.
    I bet you a Hershey Bar they're good looking.
    Ramiele has a good-sized fan base, I think.
    Frankly, I don't know how Kristy Lee survived the axe, though she is a good singer. We just haven't really seen it much yet.

    One thing was interesting to me that no one will care about since I think I'm the only guy that posts in this thread. Kristy Lee, Carly and Amanda were all at the absolute apex of their attractiveness last night. It was the best all three of them have ever looked on the show. I remember thinking "at least whoever goes will go out looking hot!" Hah.
    I noticed.
    I've never seen anyone mention how hot Amanda is, but she does have a nice body - nice skinny thighs. I guess her boobs aren't big enough for the boys to notice.
    Kristy Lee has nice legs, too. Carly - I haven't noticed.

  8. #168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Let's face it - American Idols are ALL ABOUT being good looking, as well as good singers.
    Actually, that sounds like it should be true, but I would say that isn't.

    Let's look at the six people who have won so far:

    Kelly Clarkson
    Ruben Studdard
    Fantasia Barrino
    Carrie Underwood
    Taylor Hicks
    Jordin Sparks

    Out of those six, I would say that only three of them are well above average in the looks department...Kelly, Carrie and Jordin. And you could argue that only Carrie is a traditional beauty (although I personally don't find her as attractive as Kelly or Jordin).

    Not to say that Ruben, Fantasia and Taylor are UNattractive, but I think it's fair to say that looks played no part in their success. They could all sing, and they all had unique personalities. In Taylor's case, he faced Katharine McPhee in the finals. Not only was she an amazing singer, she was perhaps the most beautiful contestant the show has ever had. If looks really had a lot to do with it, she should have beaten him handily.

    I can't believe I just put that much effort into a post about American Idol. I need a life, STAT!
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

    Johari
    /Nohari

  9. #169
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    I'm so upset Amanda went home last night! Sure, she was kind of one-trick pony-ish, but she was still awesome. And I have to look at Kristy Lee for another week? I cannot, cannot STAND her. I don't mind her voice, but man, she sure can screw up a song. She is absolutely Faith Hill-ian in her ability to take a decent song and make a crappy country version, void of any meaning, out of it. And why is she so much prettier in her "getting to know you" segments then she is onstage? I think she's one of those people who look better the less you try to fix her up. If I have to look at her another week, I'd rather look at her with 75% less sparkles, curls and makeup. But I digress. I want her gone. GONE, America! Do you hear me?

    I'm digging Chikezie and his quirky self. He could so easily have faded into the background as another Luther Vandross wannabe, but no! He totally found his own thing, and I love him for it.

    Agreed that Beatles twice in a row was a terrible idea. And must we have those segments where they remind America who the Beatles are? Does anyone not know who the Beatles are? Besides the contestants, I mean.

    I'm not really surprised Carly was in the bottom 3. She has a wonderful voice, but I still forget she's there a lot of the time, and I don't think she has a very big fan base. I think her fans are going to be older than the usual AI voter base (13 year old girls).

    I could have killed Syesha for her version of "Yesterday" and the level of hard-working emoting going on. Not sure why the judges liked that. And again being shallow--go back to curly hair, Syesha!!!

    Ramiele's cute and has a beautiful voice, but she still looks uncomfortable every week. I have a feeling she's going to be around long after she's stopped having fun and long after she's worn out her welcome, and I hate that for her, b/c she's likeable. She should maybe come back next year when she's older and has more experience. Random: She looked like Paula dressed her this week. Run, Ramiele, run!!!

    Digged David Cook's use of the Frampton voicebox thingy. That was cool. I like him, though his style is a little emo for me to want to buy his cd. He's cool on the show, though. He looks a little like a more handsome version of Phillip Seymour Hoffman, to me. Weird, I know.

    Archuleta's very hit and miss. When he's on, he is ON. When he's not, he's just a little irritating and odd. He's probably going to win it, though.

    Love Brooke White. LOVE her. Except for this week. Kind of sucked. And she should have shut up when getting feedback. But I generally love her quality of being kind of a throwback to the 70s singer/songwriters. And I wish I had her hair.

  10. #170
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    Actually, that sounds like it should be true, but I would say that isn't.

    Let's look at the six people who have won so far:

    Kelly Clarkson
    Ruben Studdard
    Fantasia Barrino
    Carrie Underwood
    Taylor Hicks
    Jordin Sparks

    Out of those six, I would say that only three of them are well above average in the looks department...Kelly, Carrie and Jordin. And you could argue that only Carrie is a traditional beauty (although I personally don't find her as attractive as Kelly or Jordin).

    Not to say that Ruben, Fantasia and Taylor are UNattractive, but I think it's fair to say that looks played no part in their success. They could all sing, and they all had unique personalities. In Taylor's case, he faced Katharine McPhee in the finals. Not only was she an amazing singer, she was perhaps the most beautiful contestant the show has ever had. If looks really had a lot to do with it, she should have beaten him handily.

    I can't believe I just put that much effort into a post about American Idol. I need a life, STAT!
    Yes, and Carrie Underwood is the only one of those with real superstar success.

    I was referring to REAL "Idols" as I listed, not these manufactured ones. And my point was that looks DO matter, though I have no idea how Reuben snuck through.

    Whatever. I'm not really interested in fighting with you. We don't disagree on anything. My point was that looks has a lot to do with someone's popularity. That's not a big secret.

Similar Threads

  1. American Idol Season 9
    By Lotr246 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2010, 02:12 AM
  2. American Idol - Judge The Judges
    By highlander in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-23-2010, 05:46 AM
  3. American Idol
    By Lotr246 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-22-2010, 08:48 AM
  4. Favorite American Idol Singer?
    By avolkiteshvara in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-29-2009, 07:35 PM
  5. American Idol - Jason Castro
    By INTJMom in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 04:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO