User Tag List

First 4121314151624 Last

Thread: American Idol

MBTI
    INTP

This may be a stupid question, but why wouldn't an INTJ use the word "unrealistic?" Not being sarcastic or anything, just genuinely curious. Also, why are biographies more an F thing? B/c they deal with people? I'd disagree there--I'm pretty hardcore NT, and I have always liked to read them, b/c it kind of helps you "study" someone from the inside out...almost like solving the mystery of what made them successful or interesting or whatever.

I'm not sure what type Amanda is, either, but she does seem ST. She's kind of fascinating to me, but I'm not sure I'd get along with her well IRL. She seems too grounded in the sensory world for me to have much in common with her. Having said that, she and Brooke are my favorites of the girls.

Jason seems IxFx. I can't tell yet whether he's an intuitive or a sensor. He does kind of have a dreamy quality, and he hates having to do the practical, business-end stuff, like the interviews. He'd rather just present himself and his music for what they are.

We seem to have a handful of very F guys this season, which is kind of unusual.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but why wouldn't an INTJ use the word "unrealistic?" Not being sarcastic or anything, just genuinely curious. Also, why are biographies more an F thing? B/c they deal with people? I'd disagree there--I'm pretty hardcore NT, and I have always liked to read them, b/c it kind of helps you "study" someone from the inside out...almost like solving the mystery of what made them successful or interesting or whatever.

I'm not sure what type Amanda is, either, but she does seem ST. She's kind of fascinating to me, but I'm not sure I'd get along with her well IRL. She seems too grounded in the sensory world for me to have much in common with her. Having said that, she and Brooke are my favorites of the girls.

Jason seems IxFx. I can't tell yet whether he's an intuitive or a sensor. He does kind of have a dreamy quality, and he hates having to do the practical, business-end stuff, like the interviews. He'd rather just present himself and his music for what they are.

We seem to have a handful of very F guys this season, which is kind of unusual.
    Well, I used to never worry about whether something was unrealistic or not. It's only after 25 years of marriage to an ISTP and being told over and over again that my ideas are unrealistic that I even worry about stuff like that now. Before I turned 40, my ideas, hopes and dreams, were all about the ideal. I didn't used to care if someone told me my ideas were unrealistic. To myself, I would just think, "Well, you're wrong!" I'm just saying, for the first 40 years of my life, my dreams and plans had no real basis in reality. She seems too realistic to be idealistic.

You're probably right about the biographies.

Also, I don't think it was biographies she was reading. I remember she was reading a book about the music business. She said twice that she values intelligence. She reminds me of my ISTJ mother.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    Yes but I need some time to do so. It's a slow site and it stalled on me once already.

I'm not wedded to ISTP - it's just my guess based on what I've seen so far.

Later...

Okay, I watched American Idol - Videos - Introducing Amanda and these are the things that stuck out to me:

- "cooking"
    - "football"
    - "unrealistic"
    - "medical equipment sales"
    - "business management"

Also she said she likes "Daughtry", whom I'd never heard of. So I watched his video and heard him say he is a service manager at an auto dealership. He also has the same matter-of-fact delivery as Amanda.

My guess is, they are both STs.

In her interview, Amanda strikes me as more E than I. She emphasized that while her degree is in nursing (helping) she's actually doing sales (enterprising) and enjoys it.

So my revised guess is: ESTP. This might also explain her looks - the ESTPs I've known both personally and in the media (Madonna esp.) all seem to spend alot of time and energy on their looks and grooming. Which is not necessarily a J thing.

She seems to like speed, sensation, and sensuality (cooking, singing, riding a harley) - this seems very SP to me.

She's matter-of-fact and business-minded - this seems ST.

If she doesn't seem relaxed, that could be I at play. ISTPs sometimes seem like they are "on the spot" when questioned.

Or maybe at 23 she's trying to appear more feminine than she is for this mainstream program, so she is self-censoring what she says because she doesn't want to come across as too hard or crass.
    SP types are supposed to be fun-loving and flexible.
    Amanda is intense and serious.

I think she's an ISTJ.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

ISTPs can present as intense and serious. I have a brother who's ISTP and believe me, he's intense and serious. I have another brother who is ISTJ and he's also intense and serious. So I'm not sure if the J-P scale is correlated to intensity and seriousness.
    Last edited by anii; 03-10-2008 at 05:53 PM.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Go Chikezie!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but why wouldn't an INTJ use the word "unrealistic?"
    The only word an INTJ wouldn't use is "Extreme!" when asked to describe his enthusiasm upon entering a televised dance contest.

MBTI
    INTP

Chikezie and Brooke were the standouts tonight, and I liked Amanda's performance, but agree with Simon that she needs to enunciate more.

Could there be ANYTHING WORSE than Christy Lee's crappy country version of "Eight Days a Week?" Woof.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

INTJs are unrealistic.

Procrastinating
    MBTI
    INTJ

Its still on here so I'm not reading... just confessing to purge my soul. I'm in love with Jason Castro... yes, that makes me a dirty ole woman.

Simon is cracking me up! He's sooooo T... probably of the NJ type.

Edit... I can see Night's post and ooops. lol

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    INTJs are unrealistic.
    About their ability to enter televised dance contests, sure.