User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Thread: American Idol

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Combover did a good job with the lefty guitar. He just needs to embrace his receding hairline and shave it all off.

Who's the guy who did "tainted love"? I see Vegas lights! and a Cher drag show of his own in the not-too-distant future.

I am actually suspecting that somebody paid David A to mess it up tonight.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    GONE

You know, I was wondering what people thought of Vote for the Worst At first, I liked the site becaues it seems to counter Simon's critiques and balance all the bad and unworthy singers (usually pubescent white boys) that America likes. There are LOTS of crappy singers that keep on getting voted through because they appeal to people's sentimentality, not their ears and VFTW counters that.

They also made the observation that the majority of people who vote are not from the east and west coasts and are from rural areas. This really made me look at voting in a different way and see why some people were more popular than others despite vocal ability.

But, then I saw the site gloat about helping to kick Alexandrea off. She was one of the best singers IMHO and could have gone far in the show. It kind of reminded me when Tamyra Gray, the 1st season contestant who was in another league with her costars got sent home. I think people stopped voting for her because they assumed she was going to win.

Anyhow, there was just something spiteful about that comment so now I'm voting solo again and see the hatemail for the site a little differently.

My favorite guys are Chikeze -- the guy can sing, he has a beautiful voice and reminds me of Luther Vandross. I think Simon doesn't get him because Simon doesn't come from an American musical background, let alone have much familiarity with R&B. I also like that Chikeze gets antagonistic right back to Simon in a real way and even clowns him! If he ever apologizes for anything he says to Simon, I'lls top voting for him. I hate how all the kids look like deer in headlights and take everything Simon has to say to heart, like he's automatically correct just because he's mean.

I also like Danny. I mean, C'MON, what's not to love. He's SuperSayan Sanjaya! I loved Sanjaya too. These guys were not untalented or bad singers, they were just quirky. They had PERSONALITY! Hahahah. Danny reminds me of a insouciant club kid. He's where the parties at y'all! Hahaha. And I swear sometimes he looks like a really pretty bio-girl.

I don't know why everyone loves David Archuleta. He doesn't sound that graet to me. An older woman told me though the he's like an angel -- and that's exactly why America keeps voting for him!

Every season there are 1 or 2 mediocre to poor singers who keep on getting voted because they are "America's sweethearts". See, I'm not really a girl next door myself and America's sweethearts are kind of my mortal enemies.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ

Vocally, a lot of the guys were hitting sour notes last night.
    I always blame that on the sound crew and the monitors.
    If you can't hear yourself right, you can't sing on key.

I don't like rock music, but I thought David Cook was excellent last night.
    I love the song Jason did, but I will have to listen to it again to find out why Simon thought it was "absolutely brilliant".

I thought Chikeze sang well also, though I don't understand that kind of music.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    You know, I was wondering what people thought of Vote for the Worst ...
    I sort of feel the same way.
    They have a good point.
    American Idol isn't about finding the best singers, it's about exploiting people and making a reality show people will watch, so I understand where they're coming from.
    At the same time it does irritate me that they help keep the worse singers on the show longer.
    Who are they really hurting?
    Certainly not the show, which is their aim, but rather the contestants, and
    crushing their lifelong dreams.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I thought Chikezesang well also, though I don't understand that kind of music.
    I love his voice, it's very old school R&B. He's likable and cute. Plus I have a very inappropriate cougar crush... me likey.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    DAVID COOK FTW.
    He actually turned a Lionel Richie song into an alternative rock torch song. This was so much better than it had any right to be, and Simon was right...it was REALLY brave.

No one else was really worth mentioning. One of the worst weeks I can remember in any season of American Idol. Was the theme "80s Songs" or "Most Horrible 80s Songs Ever"?

David Archuleta - Not only do you pick a Phil Collins song, you pick one of the worst ones!

Luke Menard - Queen and then Wham!...are you trying to tell us something? Besides that you can't sing?

Chikeze - You didn't suck. Tonight, that's enough.

Danny Noriega - Really? "Tainted Love"? And that arrangement? I wonder if Danny and Jessica Alba have ever been spotted in the same room at the same time.

Jason Castro - You finally picked a song I like! And you sang it half-decent!

Michael Johns - You weren't as good as you should have been, but tonight that is okay because you actually sang the exact 80s song I recommended you sing in another place on the interweb three days ago.

David Hernandez - Tell us where you have bound and gagged the guy that sang "Papa Was A Rolling Stone" last week. We like him better than you.
    haha..I agree w/ your assessment!!! (although personally I'm not overly impressed with Chikeze)

My favorites last night were David Cook and Jason Castro.

None of the others stood out (except for their badness!! ha!), and yeah, as a whole the show wasn't good.

I'd like for Luke and Danny to get booted off, but somehow I think one of them will be staying.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTJ

Default I have decided

Simon Cowell acts most like an INTP.
    Watch him and see.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Simon Cowell acts most like an INTP.
    Watch him and see.
    Whaaat?

He's a total ENTJ. Screams ENTJ. I <3 him and all, but I <3 him with the knowledge that he is an ENTJ.

I... suppose. Yeah!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

ENTJ with good Se. Definitely Te dominant.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    crap

Simon is an ENTJ poster child!

Crazy people.