User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Thread: American Idol

MBTI
    INTJ

Poor Amanda Overmyer has become the Vote For The Worst female contestant,
    along with the male contestant, Danny Noriega.

She did not do well tonight.
    For some strange reason I like her, though she sounds just like Janis Joplin, who I never liked - except for the Mercedes Benz song.

I'm glad their voting for her because I think she adds spice to the competition.
    She just has to choose songs that are right for her.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    About tonight... one girl sang All By Myself and was criticized because it's a "diva song", and she's not diva material. It just goes to show you how subjective judging is. I didn't know Celine had done that song. I could just hear Eric Carmen doing it. I didn't think it was a diva song at all. I thought she did a great job with it. She didn't have to sound like Celine. She had maybe the best performance of the night.
    Really? See, and I was kinda cringing through her performance. She sounded weak the first half and definitely had some off-notes, and I agreed w/ the judges that she just didn't/couldn't pull it off.

Indeed....all of it is so subjective!! It's interesting to read everyones' opinions on the various singers, some of which I agree w/, and others I totally disagree with!

I agree Amanda didn't do well last night. I also tend to think she'll be voted off soon, because it seems like she stands off from the rest of the girls, and she's never really smiling or playing along w/ the American Idol mentality -- now, that's totally fine (and it's not like I'd really want to either, but...I doubt I'd do it to begin with, even if I *could* sing!), but, if you're on the show, I think you kinda have to play along and at least try to act like you're having fun and are enjoying yourself, because that's the name of the game.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Down to 16...

Alaina Whitaker
    Alexandrea Lushington
    Jason Yeager
    Robbie Carrico

got sent home
    Last edited by INTJMom; 02-29-2008 at 10:17 AM.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

At this point, all the others should just pack it in and head home. David Archuleta is unstoppable.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

I agreed with both the boys that got sent home (sort of), and disagreed with both the girls. I would have sent Amanda and Kady home.

I would have sent Danny home instead of Robbie, but I can't really make a strong argument except for personal preference.

It was so sad watching Alaina break down...especially since she didn't deserve to be sent home. I like how Seacrest seems to really embrace his role as mother hen and comforted her.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    I agree Amanda didn't do well last night. I also tend to think she'll be voted off soon, because it seems like she stands off from the rest of the girls, and she's never really smiling or playing along w/ the American Idol mentality -- now, that's totally fine (and it's not like I'd really want to either, but...I doubt I'd do it to begin with, even if I *could* sing!), but, if you're on the show, I think you kinda have to play along and at least try to act like you're having fun and are enjoying yourself, because that's the name of the game.
    Another reason for me to like her! I'm glad Amanda's staying, and I'm really glad Alaina got booted. I'm really, really ready for Danny to go home. He is going to be a thorn in my side, I can tell.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    At this point, all the others should just pack it in and head home. David Archuleta is unstoppable.
    Simon was on Regis and Kelly this week and basically said something similar. He said there are only about 4 or 5 or 6 really good singers on the show, and he wishes they could just get rid of all the others and get on with the ending.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Another reason for me to like her! I'm glad Amanda's staying, and I'm really glad Alaina got booted. I'm really, really ready for Danny to go home. He is going to be a thorn in my side, I can tell.
    Both Danny and Amanda are the Vote For The Worst candidates, so that might help keep them around for a while, depending on how many people they have this year.

VFTW was how Sanjaya stayed so long, I think.
    That, and "crying girl". She made him a household name.

MBTI
    INTJ

This coming week, the music theme is 1980's.

16 will perform, 4 will go home, which will leave the Top 12.

The Top 12 will move to a new studio set,
    and they'll be performing early Lennon & McCartney music!

I'm looking forward to it.

DAVID COOK FTW.
    He actually turned a Lionel Richie song into an alternative rock torch song. This was so much better than it had any right to be, and Simon was right...it was REALLY brave.

No one else was really worth mentioning. One of the worst weeks I can remember in any season of American Idol. Was the theme "80s Songs" or "Most Horrible 80s Songs Ever"?

David Archuleta - Not only do you pick a Phil Collins song, you pick one of the worst ones!

Luke Menard - Queen and then Wham!...are you trying to tell us something? Besides that you can't sing?

Chikeze - You didn't suck. Tonight, that's enough.

Danny Noriega - Really? "Tainted Love"? And that arrangement? I wonder if Danny and Jessica Alba have ever been spotted in the same room at the same time.

Jason Castro - You finally picked a song I like! And you sang it half-decent!

Michael Johns - You weren't as good as you should have been, but tonight that is okay because you actually sang the exact 80s song I recommended you sing in another place on the interweb three days ago.

David Hernandez - Tell us where you have bound and gagged the guy that sang "Papa Was A Rolling Stone" last week. We like him better than you.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari