• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Movie Screen Capture Contest v2.0

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
The new and improved Screen Cap Contest will allow everyone who wants to participate in the game to make a guess - Not just the fastest response.

I'm going to post a set of 3 screen captures. You will have approximately 48 hours to PM or Rep me the name of the movie that you think the pictures are from. At the end of the 48 hours I will post a list of the winners for that round. Only guess one movie per round. If it is a movie with multiple sequels, try to be specific about which sequel it is. (e.g. An answer of "Star Wars" will not be accepted for "Star Wars: Return of the Jedi")

This is important: Send me your guesses with either the PRIVATE MESSAGE or the REPUTATION functions. DO NOT discuss the current round in the thread until it has ended. All discussion should be about previous rounds. (Please don't try to disrupt the game by posting the answers in the thread.)

DO NOT POST ANSWERS IN THE THREAD

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Round over!

Answer: Clue

Correct responses:
Beefeater
MacGuffin
Nicodemus
The_Liquid_Laser
Unkindloving

Number of incorrect responses: 2

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Discussion in the thread should only be about previous rounds. No talking about this round!

Round 2:

Private Message or Rep your responses, do not post them in the thread!

Round will end at approximately 1:30pm EST on Oct 1.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
This is a fun one! 5 different movie titles have been guessed so far!

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
TinEye won't work because I always take the screens myself. The aspect ratio is always whatever I'm viewing it as. I don't crop anything out of the images. Now whether my DVD is widescreen or fullscreen is another matter...

For some reason I don't know, when I started my DVD collection I preferred fullscreen. So fullscreen ratios don't necessarily indicate an older movie.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
The answer isn't going to be posted until somewhere after 3pm, because I'll be in class, btw.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Round over!

The different responses I had were... Of Mice and Men, Days of Heaven, Oh Brother Where Art Thou, Dances With Wolves, The Notebook, and The Color Purple.

And the winner is............................. MacGuffin who guessed Dances with Wolves.

Incorrect responses: 6

Next round incoming...

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Discussion in the thread should only be about previous rounds. No talking about this round!

Round 3:

Round will end at approximately 5:20pm EST on Oct 3.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Is this one too hard, or are people just not on the forums on the weekends? The lack of responses on this one makes me wonder.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Round over!

Answer: Slumdog Millionaire

Correct responses:
Beefeater
93JC

Number of incorrect responses: 0

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess

Round 4:

Round will end at approximately 4:00pm EST on Oct 6.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Round over!

Answer: Predator

Correct responses:
MacGuffin

Number of incorrect responses: 1