• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

So Heath Ledger was found dead in his apartment this afternoon.

O

Oberon

I was thinking about this on the way into work this morning. I envisioned the following conversation:

Studio Bigwig: Jesus, we've got to do something about this Batman movie. If it doesn't make a killing opening weekend, my ass is on the line.
Studio Flunky: The industry's been flat for a year now, sir.
Bigwig: I know it! And we've got hundreds of millions sunk in Dark Knight. If we don't make half the nut back within a week, we'll both be pushin' fries at people in the fast food line quicker than you can say "Big Mac."
Flunky: We need more marketing, sir.
Bigwig: Aaaah, we've already thrown ten mil at primetime trailers. I'm not throwin' good money after bad. We need somethin' different.
Flunky: How about free publicity?
Bigwig: Great. How we supposed to get publicity for free?
Flunky: What if some big news story, connected with the film, were to break big while it was in post-production? Like what if the star died?
Bigwig: Bale? Bale can't die, he's the franchise!
Flunky: You're right, sir. But we don't have to use the Joker again, do we?
Bigwig: [pause] Flunky, I'm shocked. You have got to be the sneakiest, most Machia-... Machi-... Mach....
Flunky: Machiavellian, sir.
Bigwig: Right... the sneakiest bastard I've ever come across.
Flunky: So I'll set it up, then.
Bigwig: I don't know nothin' about it.
Flunky: Of course not, sir.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I bet The Dark Knight is going to say "Dedicated to our friend Heath Ledger (1979-2008)" during the credits, whether or not the crew hated his guts.

O

Oberon

I bet The Dark Knight is going to say "Dedicated to our friend Heath Ledger (1979-2008)" during the credits, whether or not the crew hated his guts.

You know it... but I don't think the crew hated his guts. I get the impression he was fairly likeable, as stars go.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
This is going to sell the heck out of Dark Knight tickets.

I bet all the other actors out there are thinking: "Fuck! What if he gets nominated for an Academy Award? How the fuck am I going to compete with a tragically prematurely-deceased golden boy?!"

G

GirlAmerica

I was thinking about coming here (this forum) earlier to see if anyone had attempted to type him. I thought about it last night after watching all the interviews and reports...and had always kind of thought of him as Kurt Cobainish....and today found it funny that Kurt Cobain was one of his idols.
So...not sure of the 4-letter typing, but I do see him as a 5w4 as Kurt supposedly is.

????

*i find it odd, i always have a magnetic draw to 5w4...and an odd disgust... as I am supposed 5w4 also....

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
I think fate has punished him for being inaudible during Brokeback Mountain.

Not to mention that in all the sex scenes he had his clothes on. That's not a sex scene, it's just flanel on flanel.

[edited by admin]

Last edited by a moderator:

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
The guy had so much going for him. He was young, a good actor, had a two year old daughter, seems like a good person, and then all of sudden, he croaks.

He DOES remind me a bit of Kurt Cobain like GirlAmerica said.

I also wonder what's going to happen to The Dark Knight. It could make a fortune, and sweep the Oscars (is that the right award?). There'll probably be a Heath Ledger dedication thing too.

When I heard about it, I just didn't believe it. I mean, I didn't really follow the guy, but I was just taken aback by how everything turned out.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So...not sure of the 4-letter typing, but I do see him as a 5w4 as Kurt supposedly is.

I thought I had read he was 4w5... but not sure. Maybe I am confused, I know he was listed in Riso's book.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
UPDATE:

"Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine," medical examiner's spokeswoman Ellen Borakove said in a statement. The cocktail included a combination of anti-anxiety drugs and painkillers.

Good lord. Diazepam and temazepam (i think) are both sleeping pills -- the latter is what I take, and one capsule knocks me out.

What I don't get is why people DO take six related meds at once. I mean, isn't it just common sense to mix them sparingly? Sigh. I wonder if either depression or pain must have gotten very bad that he needed to numb himself...

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
he mainlined. it's incredibly easy to do by accident. it's the same way that girl from 'different strokes' died. you don't even have to take a lot for it to kill you when you mix an opium-based drug and a depressant (like a tranquilizer).

there really should be huge warnings on those meds about it. as most people don't think twice about taking a painkiller and a sleeping pill... especially if pain is part of what's keeping them awake.

it's a real shame. i wonder how many have to die before they make it mandatory for a physician to clearly explain the danger involved.