User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Blink 182

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Not during the time Blink 182 was around competing with them. They were writing about pot, girls and masturbation then...with much better hooks and a far more obvious penchant for songwriting, I might add.
    Well ok
    <3

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

I used to but then I heard about this band called Green Day that was doing exactly the same thing twice as well.
    Green Day is why I love ENTPs. Green Day is awesome. I love every single one of their songs.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

That's what everyone says about every record that isn't the band's first. People can grow; "different from our first record" =/= "bad"
    I prefer the older stuff butm I love the new too. I'm just weird like that. Nimrod was good. Kerplunk!'s my favorite.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Me too, I like them.
    They kinda give a vibe of "average fun" I'm not very familiar with, I mean the "let's go to the beach and enjoy life" - kind of way.

When I hear a Blink 182 song for the first few times, I generally like it. But by the tenth time I hear it, I want to rip my radio out of the dashboard. I don't know if that means I like them or not :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by JTG1984 View Post
    Green Day is in the same boat, Dookie and Insomniac were good albums then they went to shit.
    I thought Dookie and Insomniac were good albums, but I don't know if I've ever heard a band make a mid-career leap in quality and creativity like the one Green Day did when they put out American Idiot. It was off the charts, and completely unexpected. I've been sitting here thinking about it for five minutes, and the only other example I can come up with is Faith No More with Angel Dust. And even that's not close.

That's what everyone says about every record that isn't the band's first. People can grow; "different from our first record" =/= "bad"
    +1. It especially happens in hard rock or punk, where bands are expected to make the same album over and over again or else they "sold out". Metallica is a particularly unfortunate example.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    infj

i like them, they came out big on "TRL" in 99/2000 when i was just starting high school. i still like them, mostly for nostalgic reasons tho.. im sure i'll bring out this music for my kids someday.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    +1. It especially happens in hard rock or punk, where bands are expected to make the same album over and over again or else they "sold out". Metallica is a particularly unfortunate example.
    Amen. Why is it such a cardinal sin to like anything post-Master of Puppets? (BUT CLIFF BURTON OMFG DURRRR!!!!!!!!111111)

Pretentious metalheads are the absolute worst kind of fuckups.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

i love love love blink

MBTI
    ISTx

Bands can grow and evolve, yes, but Green Day just straight up went garbage.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Me too, I like them.
    They kinda give a vibe of "average fun" I'm not very familiar with, I mean the "let's go to the beach and enjoy life" - kind of way.
    Definitely, they're like a straight up summer jam. To me Travis Barker puts the band on a whole new level though. He's made the band more respectable to me, because he's a talented drum fiend with some impressive chops.

Quote Originally Posted by PoprocksAndCoke View Post
    I like them.
    Have you heard "Adam's Song"? It's depressing but good and not as "juvenile" as the others. "What's My Age Again?" a good song too.
    I made this thread when I started listening to them, and since then, I've worn their albums out completely . Their singles (the ones that get played on the radio/MTV) are good, but my favorite tracks are not singles. "Enema of the State" is my favorite album of theirs and I think "Dumpweed", "Going Away To College" and "Wendy Clear" are my favorite tracks from the album.