• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

2010 NFL Suicide Pool

MBTI Type
INTJ
Hey, everyone!

It's late to start this, as the season begins this week, but is anyone up for a suicide pool here at TypeC?

For anyone who doesn't know, a suicide pool is a contest where you pick one NFL team each week to win a game. If your team wins, you remain in the contest, and if your team loses you are eliminated. The catch is that you may only pick each NFL team ONE time during the season.

It hardly ever happens that even one person, let alone multiple people, are still alive when the season ends. But if we have multiple people alive after all 17 weeks, a tie will be declared. I'll throw in a fun (and cheap!) prize for the eventual winner(s).

Deadline to post your pick for the week will be 12 noon Eastern Standard Time on Sundays. If there is a game earlier than Sunday (as in tonight's season opening Saints/Vikings game) then you must make your pick before that game starts only if you are picking one of those teams that particular week.

Who's in??

MBTI Type
INTJ
Ah, not until just now. I use Today's Posts and it was pretty far back. Still, they're essentially different kinds of contests. I'm going to do yours too.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm in! And I'm going to go with New Orleans tonight (yes, I understand that I cannot use them again this season). I think Week 1 has a lot of games that can go either way, but I don't think this game tonight will be as close as people think.

Week 1 pick: New Orleans Saints

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Any team called the Saints gets my vote!

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm too retarded to understand the rules. We pick a different team each week or we pick one team and we're in til they lose?

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm too retarded to understand the rules. We pick a different team each week or we pick one team and we're in til they lose?

You pick a different team every week...you can only use each team once during the season. That prevents you from picking say, the Saints or the Colts every week. The strategy becomes figuring out which weeks the lesser teams have a chance to win, because with 17 weeks in the season you have to dip into the pool of mediocrity at some point. For instance, I picked the Dolphins this week not because I think they're a great team, but because they're playing the Bills, who are horrid. Then (presumably) I'll have survived this week while still saving all the really good teams for when I'll need them.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Okay then, I'll pick the Vikings this week.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
It'd be cool if a few more people joined in before this weeks games. Anyone?

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
I'll take the Titans for week 2. The Steelers are on the road without their rapist QB. I don't think they pull this one out.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I might not be online for several days, so here's my Week 3 pick:

New England Patriots

MBTI Type
INTJ
Lateralus and Jeffster...

Thank you for playing. He will see you now.

Business-Funeral%20Home%20Operator.jpg