123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Default The Hunger Games

I just finished reading this series... and holy moly. I was practically glued until I finished (thankfully I started just after the third one came out recently).

Has anyone else read these? What were your thoughts? Any guess on the types of the characters?

I haven't spent much time thinking about types, but this is what I'm guessing thus far:

Katniss: ISTP
    Gale: ENTP
    Peeta: ENFP, maybe?
    Prim: ISFP?
    Haymitch: XSTP
    Effie: ESFJ
    Snow: XNTJ
    Coin: INTJ
    Finnick: ESXP
    Beetee: ENTP
    Cinna: INFX?

I could be totally off though. Pretty sure about Katniss and Gale though
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by StephMC View Post
    I just finished reading this series... and holy moly. I was practically glued until I finished (thankfully I started just after the third one came out recently).

Has anyone else read these? What were your thoughts? Any guess on the types of the characters?

I haven't spent much time thinking about types, but this is what I'm guessing thus far:

Peeta: ENFP, maybe?
    Beetee: ENTP
    Cinna: INFX?

I could be totally off though. Pretty sure about Katniss and Gale though
    I loved the first two books and I'm on a long waiting list at the library to read the third. I agree with ISTP for Katniss and XSTP for Haymitch. I didn't get a strong enough read on the other characters to assess their types.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    NP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp

I loved these books and Katniss is my favorite ISTP in all of fiction.

Taking from Steph's list (great job, btw, Steph!):

Peeta: ENFP, maybe? or ENFJ?
    Beetee: ENTP INTP - didn't notice much of an extroverted component to him
    Cinna: INFX? He seemed to be more of an ISFP to me - what with his sartorial flair and all

Riva

I've only read the book.

Katniss ISTP sounds right but we don't have much to go on do we? She is not going through normal childhood. So we could say that she is induced in to that personality by external circumstances. Then again if she is induced in to that personality and if that is what she lives by - maybe I am analyzing too much - maybe she is an ISTP.

With the book it's quite hard to type the rest. It's weird actually, books usually help to understand characters more than movies/videos.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISTp

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I've only read the book.

Katniss ISTP sounds right but we don't have much to go on do we? She is not going through normal childhood. So we could say that she is induced in to that personality by external circumstances. Then again if she is induced in to that personality and if that is what she lives by - maybe I am analyzing too much - maybe she is an ISTP.

With the book it's quite hard to type the rest. It's weird actually, books usually help to understand characters more than movies/videos.
    You have a point, but isn't part of how you respond to external circumstances and induced into a certain personality type indicative of the type you are? She may have another "true" type, but doesn't change the type she became regardless. I myself feel like my external circumstances shaped me into an ISTP. Or maybe it shaped me into an enneagram 9.... Huh. Maybe both.
    I have an inner monologue that sounds strikingly similar to something off Animal Planet.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

You have a point, but isn't part of how you respond to external circumstances and induced into a certain personality type indicative of the type you are? She may have another "true" type, but doesn't change the type she became regardless. I myself feel like my external circumstances shaped me into an ISTP. Or maybe it shaped me into an enneagram 9.... Huh. Maybe both.
    I've only seen the movie.

I think Riva has a point that in fiction, characters more often than not undergo such hardships that one has to consider the circumstances when typing a person. However, In Kat's case, I believe her strong character and conviction is proof that she has taken her upbringing and increased her cognative function strengths in the area that were already natural to her.

People that lack conviction or struggle with internal wars and whatnot seem to 'push away' from their set type and become less like their true type, realizing or believing that their normal self is not needed/important/capable or whatever, thus often seeking the solution in controversial (mbti-wise) behaviour. Often through copying behaviour they see in people around them or seeking solutions through other methods (alcoholism, etc).

As far as Kat is concerned. I believe that in her case, her ubringing coupled with her strength and conviction is in fact the kind that only enhanced her natural cognative functions. Thus making the case for her being ISTP being quite fair. In fact, she appears to be *dramatic voice* ISTP OVERDRIVE!

Per example, I think Haymitch is the kind that unlike Kat has gone the other direction, he seems to have adapted behaviour that is deliberately pushing away from his true type. I beleve Haymitch is most likely a Judger. Not sure about the rest, that is a bit hard to tell from the movie alone.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Riva

Yes how people respond to external circumstances 'probably' is what shapes people into their personalities but if the conditions are so harsh / unnatural it would prevent some from truly expressing / developing into one's true self. One example that crosses my mind is when you / we intentionally avoid doing / practicing what's natural to us / what we desire. Extroversion - especially extroverted perception np/sp - might get the axe 1st, intuition next, js the next having to adapt fast adapt everyday etc. I could be wrong about that theory and is probably over analysing :p.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Yes how people respond to external circumstances 'probably' is what shapes people into their personalities but if the conditions are so harsh / unnatural it would prevent some from truly expressing / developing into one's true self. One example that crosses my mind is when you / we intentionally avoid doing / practicing what's natural to us / what we desire. Extroversion - especially extroverted perception np/sp - might get the axe 1st, intuition next, js the next having to adapt fast adapt everyday etc. I could be wrong about that theory and is probably over analysing :p.
    in my opinion, personality is much more nature than it is nurture
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    in my opinion, personality is much more nature than it is nurture
    Whereas anti-personality seems to stem from nurture.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Whereas anti-personality seems to stem from nurture.
    what is anti-personality? (or were you making a joke/pun that I missed lol)
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire