User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 21

  1. #11
    Senior Member UniqueMixture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    Posts
    3,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    what is anti-personality? (or were you making a joke/pun that I missed lol)
    I think he means having an antagonistic or negative personality
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

  2. #12
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Movie was bad.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Ism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    Movie was bad.
    I thought it was pretty good, actually. Why'd you think so?

  4. #14
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    I thought it was pretty good, actually. Why'd you think so?
    I'm not sure. I guess it just didn't do much for me. Probably because I don't fit well within their target audience.

  5. #15
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    I haven't read the book, but from the movie Katniss seemed far more ISFP than ISTP. She practically screams decisions made based on values rather than logic. I thought that was the entire point of her character, actually. She might be portrayed differently in the book, though.
    -end of thread-

  6. #16
    Just a statistic rhinosaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    I haven't seen the movies, but she's pretty ISTP in the books.

  7. #17
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I haven't read the book, but from the movie Katniss seemed far more ISFP than ISTP. She practically screams decisions made based on values rather than logic. I thought that was the entire point of her character, actually. She might be portrayed differently in the book, though.
    Yes, she is very ISTP in the books. They are written in the 1st person and when you read her internal dialogue it's pretty clear she's logic driven. The value based decisions she made were done almost inadvertently. She saw there were more logical, tougher choices that would have benefited her more, but in the end she couldn't help herself. The point of the first book/film is that as things progress, her sense of empathy starts to challenge her selfish need to survive at all costs. However, you are right to recognise the importance of the value based decisions; in the following books the way they are viewed has a major impact on the story.

    They also softened her a little in the film; she's a bit nastier in the books (although not to an alienating degree - actually, it was kinda awesome ). However, that nasty edge is more of a result of her rough childhood (which made her very distrusting and hostile) and the stressful circumstances, than her MBTI type. And even though she seems a bit sweeter in the film, I think her sheer level of practicality and improvised tactical abilities still makes her ISTP.

    Katniss: ISTP 6w5
    Gale: ESTJ 1w2
    Peeta: ESFJ 2w3
    Prim: ISFP 9w1
    Haymitch: ESTP 7w8 (so damaged he sometimes seems like an introvert)
    Effie: ESFJ 3w2
    Snow: ENTJ 8w9
    Cinna: INFJ 9w1
    Caesar Flickerman: ENFJ 3w2
    Mrs. Everdeen: ISFJ 9w1
    Madge: IXFP

    Finnick: ESFP 6w7
    Johanna: ENTJ 8w7
    Beetee: INTJ 5w6
    Wiress: INTP 5w4
    Mags: ESXP
    Plutarch: ESFJ 3w2

    Coin: ISTJ 8w9
    Boggs: ISTJ 6w5
    Annie: IXFP 6w7
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

  8. #18
    F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    1,986

    Default

    I saw The Hunger Games (2012), didn't pay too much attention to it, saw Lenny Kravitz, thought it was the/a Total Recall remake at one point, too -- until somebody told me otherwise.
    Deep film though.

  9. #19
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    ISTP for Katnis was quite easy. Any idea what her enneagram type is? I am tempted to type her as an 9w8 but something tells me she is a 6w5.
    Thanks southern kross for the feedback.

    So i guess i was right. She is a 6w5.

    And assuming she is a sp/sx (which come to think of it is obvious) my assumption about their counterphobic reactions being less or less apparent is right.

  10. #20
    Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp
    Posts
    2,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    And assuming she is a sp/sx (which come to think of it is obvious) my assumption about their counterphobic reactions being less or less apparent is right.
    Interesting. What makes you say that? Is this a theory or something you've observed?
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

    I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

    - Emily Bronte

Similar Threads

  1. the Hunger Games
    By Secret Squirrel in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-02-2017, 09:36 AM
  2. The Hunger Games Economy
    By Rail Tracer in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-21-2012, 10:18 PM
  3. Battle Royale vs. The Hunger Games
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 04:09 PM
  4. What sort of ideology or ideologies underpin the Hunger Games?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 07:54 PM
  5. The Hunger Games Trilogy
    By chihuahuasrluv in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 11:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO