• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Meet Me in Montauk"

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
what's the significance of this statement? Someone said it to me not too long ago, and I hadn't ever heard of it.

Any significance with Montauk, either?

Fill me in.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Dunno, never heard it before.
But Montauk is all the way at the east end of Long Island.
It's a lovely area.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's a line from "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind."

It's where Clementine and Joel meet at the beginning of the movie, it's where they originally met when they first started dating long before the movie starts... and in flashbacks, you realize it's the very last thing Clementine says to Joel as her presence is being completely erased from his memory right before the movie actually starts. It's where they lay on the ice looking up at the stars together and seems to be the "snapshot" of their relationship.

Poignant and desperately hopeful... everything's going down the crapper, so it's their last shot... and Joel finds himself going there without understanding why at the beginning of the movie, and it ends up rebooting the relationship and gives them a second chance.

Good luck. ;)

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
and in flashbacks, you realize it's the very last thing Clementine says to Joel as her presence is being completely erased from his memory right before the movie actually starts.

I haven't seen it for a while, but did she actually say it to him, or was it imaginary Clementine who said it to him?

It's a great movie btw Funkadelic. One of my all-time favs, and compulsory viewing imo for any NFP. I'd need more context to be able to guess what the person you're referring to in the OP meant by it, but it was probably a girl and she was probably flirting with you in saying that.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Wow, I might have heard of that movie. Is Jim Carey in it? Maybe I'm thinking of something else?

I really wanna see it now, after your positive review, JJJ. Thanks man.

It's also the name of a Circa Survive song, Meet Me in Montauk. The lyrics are nothing short of sad.

Leave just as you came (without a sound),
Nothing to ruffle your ends.

I've been wandering around,
Making up movies in my head
So we say don't let it go,
let me try and pull out pride.
I already forget how I used to feel about you

Leave as fast you came, no invitation
Nowhere to go from here.

I've been wandering around,
Wondering how I got so, got so, so fucking boring
All the sudden, so fucking scared... I'm not scared.
You'd mean so much more to me if I remembered.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have no idea why someone would ask that instead of using IMDb.

Sometimes people ask other people things as part of simply being involved with other people.

It's not bad. Maybe even kinda cool.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I was just curious. Do you agree with Jennifer's interpretation?

Yes, entirely. It's for the sake of conversation and for the fun of interaction. I could have just surfed the web a whole bunch by myself instead of even creating this thread, but I didn't.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Montauk's also significant in that as the far east end of Long Island, it's a nice stand-in for "the end of the earth" for someone with a New York City-centric perspective.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Then those were not really urgent questions, I guess.

I'd rather receive facts and opinions from people rather than getting a straight analysis off the internet. Classic difference among different types, my friend.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Montauk's also significant in that as the far east end of Long Island, it's a nice stand-in for "the end of the earth" for someone with a New York City-centric perspective.

Interesting... and probably something Wiki wouldn't have said.