User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 11

  1. #1
    ¡MI TORTA! Amethyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    2,182

    Default Can someone please explain...

    Why everyone seems overly obsessed about shows like 'Teen Mom' and '16 and Pregnant'?

    What's with all the pregnancy hype in the media? I tried watching those shows, but all they did was piss me off. I have a list of why, but that's not the point. I just don't see anything good coming out of watching such a show. It doesn't make me laugh, it doesn't make me think, it doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy inside, it just pisses me off!

    Does anyone like these shows on here, and please explain why, because I failed at understanding.

  2. #2
    ¡MI TORTA! Amethyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    No one else sees it either?
    That's good to hear lol.

  3. #3
    Intriguing.... Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    Back in ancient times god/evolution meant that SFJs and the like must always be up in everyone's business in order to monitor the progress and ensure the safety of the other tribe members. Nowadays even celebrities/tv people can be feel part of the "tribe" so people keep track of what would've been significant tribal events (like a childbirth etc.).

    This scientific fact is brought to you by the Quinlan Society of Evolutionary Psychologists.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

    Quinlan's Creations

  4. #4
    ¡MI TORTA! Amethyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Back in ancient times god/evolution meant that SFJs and the like must always be up in everyone's business in order to monitor the progress and ensure the safety of the other tribe members. Nowadays even celebrities/tv people can be feel part of the "tribe" so people keep track of what would've been significant tribal events (like a childbirth etc.).

    This scientific fact is brought to you by the Quinlan Society of Evolutionary Psychologists.
    Hmm...interesting.

  5. #5
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    No one else sees it either?
    That's good to hear lol.
    LOL



    I think people just like watching other's misery, and feeling good that they're not the only ones fuxed in the world.

  6. #6
    (blankpages) Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    836

    Default

    I gave up trying to understand others' obsessions a long time ago.

    There might be something to what Quinlan and You'reWrongI'mRight said though.

  7. #7
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    My teenage sisters love the 16 and pregnant show so I tried to watch it once, but only lasted about 45 seconds. The people were just so obnoxious and immature (I realize they're 16, but come on). I imagine some of them end up keeping their baby and I feel so bad for that child.

    It's an excellent argument for abortion, though.
    -end of thread-

  8. #8
    DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    Hype
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    because, if you were a 45 + year old divorced American woman with pretty much no future prospects of ever getting married again and having children through any means other than artificial insemination, what would YOU fill your heart and days with? X-files and star trek reruns? They watch it because they want to be in those shoes - young and pregnant with all sorts of hopes to fulfill and adversities to conquer.

  9. #9
    ¡MI TORTA! Amethyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    2,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    because, if you were a 45 + year old divorced American woman with pretty much no future prospects of ever getting married again and having children through any means other than artificial insemination, what would YOU fill your heart and days with? X-files and star trek reruns? They watch it because they want to be in those shoes - young and pregnant with all sorts of hopes to fulfill and adversities to conquer.
    I believe the target audience is women 14-28...since those are the only people I know who are completely obsessed with shows like that, but then again I don't know any older women who watch it.

  10. #10
    DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    Hype
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    really? one would think many middle-aged women would eat up that kind of silly drama...

    Maybe the teenage viewers gain satisfaction out of thinking of their pregnant peers as stupid whores or something?

Similar Threads

  1. Can someone please explain this to me?
    By NEMESlS in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-29-2012, 12:54 PM
  2. [NF] can someone please turn off the tv in my head?
    By v-in-tx in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 01:09 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-06-2009, 08:42 PM
  4. Someone Please Explain Mathematical Induction
    By Orangey in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-28-2008, 06:51 PM
  5. can someone please define Si for me?
    By Evan in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-15-2008, 12:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO