• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your Movies, Your Memories.

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I was just looking over my movie collection and as usual I noticed a bunch of titles that reminded me of certain friends, certain times of my life, certain watershed moments, etc.

Like most everyone, movies can often be like a time capsule or a memory album for me. Some bad or sad, but mostly good. I thought I'd start a thread where people might share the movies connected to friends and memories and tell us some of those stories.

I recently pulled out my VHS box set of the original Star Wars trilogy (untouched by the demented hands of Mr. Lucas, thank you very much) and I was remembering when they re-released the original trilogy in the theaters before Phantom Menace came out.

This was so exciting because my friends and I had either only seen them in the theater as very young children or never before. We found local theaters playing A New Hope and Empire, but for whatever reason we had to hunt down a theater to see Jedi. We found one tucked away in the city and drove an hour to get there. When we got there, we found the place was pretty much falling apart.

It stunk, the whole ceiling was torn out with exposed rafters, it was freezing cold, and the fabric on the walls was all ripped up with big gaping holes in it. There were three of us, two guy friends and me, and we were the only people in there that day.

It was honestly like being a kid again because we were running around in this theater having mock light saber battles, jumping over seats throwing ice cubes at each other, shouting dialogue at the screen whenever we wanted. One of the guys also used the torn fabric on the walls as foot holds and managed to climb up the wall and touch the rafters. It was the kind of incredibly juvenile, unplanned fun you can only have when you're a teenager.

I have loads of other memories tied to Star Wars but that's one which sticks out.

Now you! Share with us! :D

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I was just looking over my movie collection and as usual I noticed a bunch of titles that reminded me of certain friends, certain times of my life, certain watershed moments, etc.

Like most everyone, movies can often be like a time capsule or a memory album for me. Some bad or sad, but mostly good. I thought I'd start a thread where people might share the movies connected to friends and memories and tell us some of those stories.

I recently pulled out my VHS box set of the original Star Wars trilogy (untouched by the demented hands of Mr. Lucas, thank you very much) and I was remembering when they re-released the original trilogy in the theaters before Phantom Menace came out.

This was so exciting because my friends and I had either only seen them in the theater as very young children or never before. We found local theaters playing A New Hope and Empire, but for whatever reason we had to hunt down a theater to see Jedi. We found one tucked away in the city and drove an hour to get there. When we got there, we found the place was pretty much falling apart.

It stunk, the whole ceiling was torn out with exposed rafters, it was freezing cold, and the fabric on the walls was all ripped up with big gaping holes in it. There were three of us, two guy friends and me, and we were the only people in there that day.

It was honestly like being a kid again because we were running around in this theater having mock light saber battles, jumping over seats throwing ice cubes at each other, shouting dialogue at the screen whenever we wanted. One of the guys also used the torn fabric on the walls as foot holds and managed to climb up the wall and touch the rafters. It was the kind of incredibly juvenile, unplanned fun you can only have when you're a teenager.

I have loads of other memories tied to Star Wars but that's one which sticks out.

Now you! Share with us! :D

Same, but more of that probably happens to you than me 'cause you go around and watch movies with friends, I rarely watch my movies in cinema(but if I do I watch it with friends, so that's a plus).

- Whenever I watch back to the future, I remember watching it back in my hometown with my family in a warm, settle environment where, we didn't really have much on our minds, so it was much more awesome, if you know what's I mean, like no worries 'cause we were younger.

but it means something more to me 'cause I haven't been in my hometown for around 6-7 years.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Legally Blonde always makes me think of when I took honors only constitutional law and the professor HATED me because I was too cheerful and I didn't want to be a lawyer... he would always go out of his way to make my life miserable and I would always disappoint him by coming up with the right answer... after a particularly horrible week of putting up with his attitude a good friend of mine came over with the movie as a present for me and with pizza and ice cream... we spent the evening eating junk food, painting our toenails and watching the movie :)