• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Boxing

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
hey guys, i am huge into BOXING, who else loves boxing?

do you love to watch matches, or are you a boxer??
what is your style and power?

i haven't boxed competitively for a while.
sometimes i miss it in a big way, rarely, i am generally pretty happy to be on the sidelines pushing and training........

marciano.jpg

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
hey Kingfisher, i can't sleep, my kids woke us and are keeping us up.......
what do you think about Julio Cesar Chavez?? he was my inspiration for boxing, he was my guide.
Julio, man. JULIO.

SecondBest

Permabanned
MBTI Type
eNxp
Enneagram
5/7
Hey Kingfisher,

I can't say I've ever boxed before and I'm not TOO into it, but I LOOOOOOVE watching the Ali vs. Foreman (Rumble in the Jungle) Fight in 1974. It was just so intelligent and methodical in the way Ali wore Foreman down bit by bit. I loved watching it.

That's about as much boxing as I know, but thought I'd share.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Big Boxing Fan here..

I was a tough kid and boxed for a little while and played Hockey as well.
Not so tough as an adult and so getting hit for sport is no longer my cup of tea..

I still watch every Big fight and lots of under the radar fights too.

I also have 20000 posts on Boxingscene.com forums..

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I am a big boxing fan, too. Saw Bernard Hopkins beat William Joppy and Cory Spinks upset Ricardo Mayorga back in '03 in Atlantic City.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
I'm getting back into it. Mayweather will never...Well you know the rest.

Mole

Permabanned
The Deepest Imprint

Although I ran long distance and played football at school, I found boxing to be the most demanding of sports.

I can still feel today in my body what it is like to box. In a way you might say boxing has imprinted itself on me.

And although surfing and polo, football, running and tennis have also imprinted themselves on me, boxing has made the deepest imprint.

I think it made the deepest imprint because when I am under physical attack, I reach into the deepest part of myself. And I think reaching into the deepest part of myself, combined with the utmost physical exertion, creates the deepest imprint.

It's as though I have a watermark with 'Boxer' printed on it.

Mole

Permabanned
What kind of man am I?

But there is something else I discovered about myself that I would never have discovered without boxing. And it is not something that I am proud of but something it is important to know.

I found that when I was winning, something arose in me, and it was the desire to completely destroy my opponent. Yes, boxing taught me I have the killer instinct.

This is very important to know because I don't want it to catch me off guard.

Usually it is only in battle that one would discover the killer instinct, except it can be discovered in boxing.

I guess there are some things a man would like to know about himself - Am I a coward? Do I have the killer instinct? What kind of man am I?