User Tag List

First 12345 Last

It seems more like a strange fetish than an art. I find people who put period blood or shit on things and try to sell it to museums kind of disturbing.

It doesn't really gross me out. It doesn't appeal as art either.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

The woman in the link clearly calls it Moon Blood. It's a wiccan/pagan thing, it's religious, not a fetish.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    It seems more like a strange fetish than an art. I find people who put period blood or shit on things and try to sell it to museums kind of disturbing.

It doesn't really gross me out. It doesn't appeal as art either.
    Yeah.. I think this is my general sentiment.

But, I'm also not into the whole symbolism thing either. Seems cheesy and the symbolism causes me to have this reaction -

Obviously there are those who appreciate it and are drawn to it, however. Tis why 'art'/expression is such a personal thing.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I wouldn't really categorize it as fetishistic.

To these people, they think it's art.. they are expressing themselves, which, well, to me is the base of any creative endeavor. Human expression.
    That in of itself doesn't make it any less gross, or even ''good'' art... there's plenty of other aesthetically ''crappy art'' out there.

And yeah, in response to a couple other posts.. I can see this being used as shock art, as well.. I never see how that's supposed to resonate properly, in terms of getting others to embrace their idea. Ah well.

Overall, it's kind of vapid to me, and perhaps not the most creative means of expressing the concepts.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

How unsavory. My feeling about this is the same as someone doing art with their own dung or urine. I'm not going to stop them, but I don't really have any interest in it, and probably no good would come of my knowing the person that does it. We won't click.

The art itself strikes me as largely trying to gain its power from symbolism that I think borders on being gimmicky. And I think art that depends entirely on symbolics is bearly art at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    The woman in the link clearly calls it Moon Blood. It's a wiccan/pagan thing, it's religious, not a fetish.
    Alas, I can attribute any stupid thing I do to religion. And I don't see why religion and fetish need by framed as a dichotomy.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Uncertain if this belongs in the Sexuality/Mature Topics section, or the Arts/Entertainment one.. as I suppose it emcompasses both, in a sense.

So, I've stumbled upon a sort of unique artform.. and I have to wonder if some ladies have taken the concept of ''embracing their womanhood'' a bit too.. literally.

For those who are squeamish when it comes to this sort of thing, I'll just link you to a few examples of what I'm referring to:

Moon Wisdom: Menstrual blood art

A Journal of the Monthly Renewal Process

One woman talks of reclaiming our cycles as spiritual journeys.. and, you know, I'm not one to feel ashamed about body function; it is what it is. The human body. And, overall, it's a beautiful system. However, body secretions in general are pretty unsanitary. This is my personal reasoning for not feeling compelled to discuss it, ordinarily. If the topic's brought up, I don't shy away from it. I don't feel like I need to ''reclaim'' something I never lost.

I suppose it's just not anything that lingers for too long in the foreground of my mind.

That's not to say I can't understand how some women struggle with the stigma surrounding this particular issue. I'm all for growing beyond societal taboos, and letting go of shame, but.. yeah.. this just seems excessive to me, ultimately. I imagine I'd react with same sort of revulsion at someone using regular blood, or saliva, semen, and soforth to paint with.

It's obviously cathartic for a number of people, so, wonderful. I can appreciate the concept. They can do as they please, but.. it's certainly not anything I'd want physically nearby.

I'm curious to see what the rest of you think/feel about this form of feminine expression. And those females out there who are artistically inclined.. would you do this? Why or why not?
    I love you lexi... but there are some links of yours I'll never look at :P .

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

I got in an argument with a woman about this once, several years back. I think she implied that because I'm not on board with painting with my menses, that I am obviously disgusted by my periods and bodily functions. :rolli: I'm OK with my womanhood and deal with my periods and all that, but this is.... just not right to me. It's not that it's menstrual blood that squicks me out, it's that it's BLOOD.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I think it's pretty awesome. If it was hand-blood, we would all think it was cool, but because it came from her vajeen, suddenly we're all creeped out. Aside from it's artistic value, it points so a weird taboo we keep about wimmins periods being gross. Or rather, that anything related to genitalia is improper and vile. (Not mine of course, but you know, with all of yours.)