• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Movie Screen Capture Contest

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I did this on another forum and people really enjoyed it. Basically, I'm going to post 3 screenshots from a random movie. Try to guess what movie it is! I'll keep a scoreboard of the winners each round.

Please only include one guess at a time. If you list more than one movie in your post, only the FIRST movie you name will be considered.

Try to be specific - Don't say "Star Wars". There are 6 Star Wars movies. Make sure you name which one.

I'll start out easy. If you guys get them too quickly though, I'm going to start making them harder!

Scoreboard:
SecondBest: 5
Pettycure: 4
Unkindloving: 3
nozflubber: 3
Gloriana: 1
Ivy: 1
wonkavision: 1
Gish: 1
You'reWrongI'mRight: 1
Aquarelle99: 1
Within: 1

History:
Round 1: SecondBest [The Illusionist]
Round 2: Gloriana [A League of Their Own]
Round 3: PettyCure [Underworld]
Round 4: PettyCure [V for Vendetta]
Round 5: PettyCure [Requiem for a Dream]
Round 6: PettyCure [Constantine]
Round 7: nozflubber [Snatch]
Round 8: Ivy [Juno]
Round 9: wonkavision [Girl, Interrupted]
Round 10: nozflubber [300]
Round 11: SecondBest [Jumanji]
Round 12: Gish [Pirates of the Carribbean]
Round 13: Unkindloving [Practical Magic]
Round 14: You'reWrongI'mRight [Boondock Saints]
Round 15: SecondBest [Office Space]
Round 16: Secondbest [Remember The Titans]
Round 17: Unkindloving [The Brother's Grimm
Round 18: Aquarelle99 First Knight
Round 19: SecondBest [The Prestige]
Round 20: Unkindloving [The Village]
Round 21: Within [X-men 2]
Round 22: nozflubber [The Rock]

Last edited:

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Round 1:
25572092.jpg

22478215.jpg

77233940.jpg

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like this picture. Relaxing feeling.
What is that red thing beside the book though?
Orange Tree is a wondrous name. That should be the name of the movie.

Gloriana

Patron Saint Of Smileys
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Is that from "The Fountain" maybe? I think I might be wrong but then I think that might be it.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
The shining jewels.

...I see your method of guessing and I don't think it's going to work. :newwink:

Is that from "The Fountain" maybe? I think I might be wrong but then I think that might be it.
Nope, but good guess!

The Illusionist. I'm positive.

WE HAVE A WINNER!

The jewels are the 2 missing from the Crown Prince's sword.
The notebook is the Orange Tree illusion's notes.

Fun facts:
Edward Norton did many of his own magic tricks, with the coaching of James Freedman. He worked with Norton preparing him for his stage performances and acted as a hand double in numerous situations.

Jessica Biel replaced Liv Tyler, who dropped out of the film just as filming was about to begin.

The trick of the Orange Tree was made famous by a 19th Century French magician named Robert-Houdin. It was from Robert-Houdin that another magician, Ehrich Weiss, came up with the stage name "Houdini." This trick is first mentioned in old Indian manuscript as an illusion by Faux. Analogical trick was also performed by Pinetti, an 18th Century magician, but instead of oranges, he used lemons. Houdini was the first one to use real fruits.

Round 2 will be up shorty. :cheese:

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
The Hands
:doh: If I say no, would your next guess be "the Baseball"? =P

A League Of Their Own.

Too easy that time, eh? WINNER!

Fun facts:

Tom Hanks gained 30 pounds in preparation for his role. He attributed the weight he gained to a nearby Dairy Queen.

All of the injuries and bruises that are seen in the film were real injuries that the actors received during filming.

Actresses auditioning for the film had to prove they could play baseball as well. All the actresses cast in the film apart from Geena Davis did their own baseball stunts. None of the performers wanted stunt doubles.

The scene where Betty Spaghetti learns her husband died took three days to film.

For the famous split catch, Geena Davis had to have a stunt double slide into the split. Although Davis could do the splits, as shown, she couldn't slide into it.

The "strawberry" bruise that Renee Coleman received on her thigh while sliding into a base remained on her for over a year.

The movie's line "There is no crying in baseball." was voted as the #54 movie quote by the American Film Institute (out of 100).

Standby for Round 3...

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Round 2 will be up shorty. :cheese:

When I read this, it became autotuned in my mind.

Okay.. second one- is it "A League of Their Own?" That's the only baseball movie I can think of at the moment. Besides the "if you build it they will come" one the name of which I can't think of. But I don't think it's that. But if it is, does calling it that count?

Edit- nevermind, too slow. :(