First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriana View Post
    Gwyneth Paltrow I don't think she's a horrible actress, but I don't think she's anything special. Critics always seem to be creaming their pants in their rush to praise her, I think it's ridiculous.
    Yes ma'am!

Quote Originally Posted by Blown Ghost View Post
    300. Maybe nobody said it but you were all thinking it.
    This. Along with every other DUDE movie you can think of (Superbad, Pineapple Express, The Hangover, etc.)

Also, whoever said Glee was overrated I'd like to shake her hand.

Never got Catcher in the Rye, never got The Notebook (or the Nicholas Sparks craze in general), never got Kerouac, never got Harry Potter (I know, I suck).

But I actually... kinda... like... Woody Allen... films....

I mean how can you hate Annie Hall!

In terms of music, the two bands I've seen mentioned [Arcade Fire & Radiohead] are not ones I can crusade against. I remember the days when Arcade Fire was The Little Canadian Band That Could and it's hard for me to think of them any other way, even as they've become popular & have signed to a bigger record company. Also, the members of AF are real musicians (violinist, cellists, pianists, etc.), so for them to have the kind of support they have from such a young audience is pretty amazing and I applaud them. And I grew up on Radiohead! So can't do that one either.

Banned
    MBTI
    me

I've listened to all their albums, and don't get me wrong, I do listen to them when I'm in the mood... but, The Beatles.

(Plz don't hurt me. I've got so much to give).

Also, the mountain goats.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Thumbs up

Even though I like to say the word, 'overrated' is overrated. - I wouldn't think Harry Potter is overrated, - the books are actually better than the movies, and the movies are doing pretty fine, - half the stuff you guys said aren't overrated but overlooked.

Things and people who are ACTUALLY overrated:
    Che Guevara is overrated(he's a communist, people!).
    Giving conformity bad value is overrated.
    Giving non-conformity good value is too.
    Extremists, 4chan-ers & Hackers are overrated.
    money is overrated.
    racism is overrated(bullying isn't).
    cars are overrated('cause walking isn't).
    Drugs are overrated.
    Looks are overrated.
    Celebrity news is overrated. (I honestly don't care about Lindsay Lohan's issues, I have enough of my own)
    Intelligence is overrated(hang out with a bunch of idiots if you want to know why)
    Fame is definitely overrated(You might at one point struggle with having your family depend on you, imagine over a billion people).
    Expectations are overrated.
    Approval is overrated.
    The meaning of life is overrated.
    MBTI is overrated. (SNAP)

... and apparently your own happiness is overrated, - but what the hell! lets go look at some LOLcats.
    I'm a INFP - The sociopath

I think I'm either a 4w5, 4w3, 6w5 or 9w1. Most possibly 4w5.

Feeling FiNe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by flameskull95 View Post
    Even though I like to say the word, 'overrated' is overrated. - I wouldn't think Harry Potter is overrated, - the books are actually better than the movies, and the movies are doing pretty fine, - half the stuff you guys said aren't overrated but overlooked.
    The thing with Harry Potter is that judging it as a children's fantasy series, there are others out there that I believe deserve to be more famous than it. Otherwise, it was enjoyable series, but overrated.

MBTI
    INTP

Celebrity news is overrated. (I honestly don't care about Lindsay Lohan's issues, I have enough of my own)
    Intelligence is overrated(hang out with a bunch of idiots if you want to know why)

Expectations are overrated.
    Approval is overrated.

MBTI is overrated. (SNAP)

... and apparently your own happiness is overrated, - but what the hell! lets go look at some LOLcats.
    Intelligence is under-rated. Sorry, but as the world grows more complex, we have to make sense of it. Popularity is over-rated. Be yourself, not the spotlight. oh nice snap. You could just as easily add twitter to this list as well

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    The thing with Harry Potter is that judging it as a children's fantasy series, there are others out there that I believe deserve to be more famous than it. Otherwise, it was enjoyable series, but overrated.
    Agreed, but there are probably billions of story ideas that are out there, that triumph over Harry Potter, but just 'cause they're overlooked, dosen't mean Harry Potter is overrated. The Twilight series is in my opinion overrated, it's not alluring and the creativity used just demeans years of work on vampires and other folk lore, so the writer(whats-her-name), can 'spice' up her story..

Feeling FiNe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by quamdel View Post
    Intelligence is under-rated. Sorry, but as the world grows more complex, we have to make sense of it. Popularity is over-rated. Be yourself, not the spotlight. oh nice snap. You could just as easily add twitter to this list as well
    I should change that to wit.

And another thing, Complexity is overrated, not blindly following Einstein's quote about how "a smarter man can make something simple while a smart man can make something complex", - but it's true, we're not really actually technologically advancing if we make things more complex, harder to use, and harder for other people to understand. I mean it's like a maths problem, the result is better simplified.

But I agree with you on Intelligence & popularity(fame is on the list).

(Twitter is stupid and dosen't deserve to be on any list. )

Feeling FiNe

MBTI
    INTP

(Twitter is stupid and dosen't deserve to be on any list. )

Twitter is fantastic, used in the right way. It's a great medium for concise wit.
    Something Witty

Banned
    MBTI
    me

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Twitter is fantastic, used in the right way. It's a great medium for concise wit.
    I agree. I find it much more titillating than facebook too. Tweets are less self serving and focused on the self like on facebook, "just woke up, lol", and are more often used to link others to some other source that you are likely to find interesting given you've decided to follow that person for a particular reason.

I used to hate the conciseness necessary for tweeting, but I think the character limit is very functional.

I think it's very possible to become immersed in twitter. Tweet tags are simple, yet the concept in action, has proven to be ingenious. They give people the platform to talk about the same thing, which is what many people really jump on.

MBTI
    esTJ
    Enneagram
    875 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESTx

Quote Originally Posted by Hopelandic View Post
    I agree. I find it much more titillating than facebook too. Tweets are less self serving and focused on the self like on facebook, "just woke up, lol", and are more often used to link others to some other source that you are likely to find interesting given you've decided to follow that person for a particular reason.

I used to hate the conciseness necessary for tweeting, but I think the character limit is very functional.

I think it's very possible to become immersed in twitter. Tweet tags are simple, yet the concept in action, has proven to be ingenious. They give people the platform to talk about the same thing, which is what many people really jump on.
    This. All of this. You said it much better than I could have.

I also used to hate the conciseness, but now I view it as a fun writing challenge.
    Murphy Brown: What is it with us? Why can't we take the easy road once in awhile?
    Avery Brown: Because it's boring and dishonest and uncomfortable, like wearing a pair of shoes all day that pinch your feet.

approx 55% ES, 90% TJ