User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Don't people have to agree something is good before it can be overrated? A lot of that stuff seems to be universally derided by everyone except kids.

Anyway, my list:

The Doors
    Lord of the Rings
    Radiohead
    Parks And Recreation
    George Carlin
    The Colbert Report
    The Dave Matthews Band
    The Empire Strikes Back
    Any Paul Thomas Anderson movie that isn't There Will Be Blood
    The Wizard of Oz
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Sniffles

Yeah Stars Wars trilogy certainly belongs in this list. I mean I enjoyed them as a kid, but some people take it way too seriously. Same with Star Trek, which I've never cared for.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

One of these threads already exists, and I think it's even in this sub-forum.

But at any rate, whenever this subject comes up, I must cast my vote for The Catcher in the Rye. I just don't understand.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Any Paul Thomas Anderson movie that isn't There Will Be Blood
    I would throw in "There Will Be Blood" in the mix too. (although I like the Milkshake scene)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by musicnerd93 View Post
    Which movies, books or musicians do you think are extremely overrated?

Titanic. I'm the only person in my Film Lit. class who hasn't seen it...nor WANTS to. My teacher says. "Oh, we're GOING to watch it! Just for you!!!"
    i think you actually have to experience something before you can claim it is overrated with any authority. however, in this case i'll let it slide because that movie does suck hard.

my contribution: jane austen's pride and prejudice. spare me.

and spamtar, if you continue to say bad things about there will be blood it's rolling pin time.

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Oh, I could go crazy with the self indulgence and write a thesis on this, but I will restrain myself.

Family Guy: I've given this show a chance over and over but I've only laughed like twice. I just find it lazy, gratuitous, and bordering on flat-out plagiarism sometimes. I just can't stand it.

The Da Vinci Code When I finally read it, I was like "Really? People are whizzing themselves over this? I found it predictable and OTT.

Gwyneth Paltrow I don't think she's a horrible actress, but I don't think she's anything special. Critics always seem to be creaming their pants in their rush to praise her, I think it's ridiculous.

Twilight I cannot believe that woman got published. I cannot believe that woman got published. I cannot believe that woman got published.

Katy Perry Just......WTF? Okay, she's petite and like a Rainbow Brite doll that grew a nice rack but......WTF?

2001 A Space Odyssey I like Kubrick, but I found that movie to be self-indulgent and like a sleight of hand trick. Not saying I thought it sucked entirely, I just don't think it was this amazing film. Might be one of those I will never appreciate out of the cinema landscape it was released into because of growing up with all the imitators that followed it.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Yeah Stars Wars trilogy certainly belongs in this list. I mean I enjoyed them as a kid, but some people take it way too seriously.
    You're just jealous 'cause the force is wiff me and not wiff you. Like, the force doesn't even like you. It told me. For reals.

*plays with awesome LED lightsaber*
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I think Parks and Rec would have to air on local access television to be more underrated. Numbers-wise, of course.

Overrated:
    The Girl with A Dragon Tattoo
    Vertigo
    Old Spice commercials
    Mad Men

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

I'm really loving this thread.

Our local library has their copies of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" on this massive waiting list. I keep reading about it and everyone is going nuts over it. This makes me suspicious immediately, anyone else get that way? Same thing with "Inception". I haven't seen it yet but I kind of don't want to until everyone shuts up and calms their s**t down.

I've gotten accused of just being anti-mainstream for the sake of it (which, confuses me because I'm like "Uh, did you notice I'm a U2 fan or you're just ignoring that part?) but I'm not. It's been years of giving mainstream/hyped stuff a chance over and over and being disappointed more often than not, you know? Not that I'd ever close off completely, it's just I take it with a huge grain of salt when droves of people are all freaking out about something (which reminds me, my boyfriend likes Glee so much and I finally watched it a couple of times. I really wanted to like it but I just didn't.)

Like I said, I'm a huge U2 fan (and I'm not going to take any "F**K BONO!" commentary personally, ahaha) and they're popular, but I truly get something out of it. Like I once met this woman who was 23 years old and really felt inspired by N*Sync music. It meant so much to her in a really genuine way, and I could not crap on that no matter what I personally thought of them.

Know what I mean?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Movies
    Titanic. I'm the only person in my Film Lit. class who hasn't seen it...nor WANTS to. My teacher says. "Oh, we're GOING to watch it! Just for you!!!"
    Avatar. The boringest three hours of MY LIFE!!
    Titanic and Avatar were AWESOME. So don't you like Terminator either?

The Harry Potter saga. I've never really been into any of those big, fantasy books that "everyone" else was into.
    But they're awesome too! Everybody likes Harry Potter.

Musicians
    Justin Bieber
    Taylor Swift
    Miley Cyrus (who is only famous because Billy Ray Cyrus is her father. )
    Well, I like Miley Cyrus' personality and her voice is good. Taylor Swift has too soft of a voice. Not much for Justin.

I suppose some things that I didn't like at all that others seemed to:
    - Natural born killers - just grossed me out
    - 500 days in summer - bad ending
    - Pulp Fiction - reaction was "what the hell is this"?
    - English Patient - I really did fall asleep during it
    - Crash - didn't like that much at either

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639