User Tag List

First 2345 Last

figsfiggyfigs

I didn't like Leap Year.
    I thought it was terrible .

I laughed at the end of titanic. Great movie and everything, but I didn't find it that romantic.

I think it was Rose promising to never let go, then promptly scratching away with all her might to de-grasp his hand, and letting him sink to the depth of sea. I realize that wasn't what she actually promised, but still, the gesture was funny to me

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    I laughed at the end of titanic. Great movie and everything, but I didn't find it that romantic.

I think it was Rose promising to never let go, then promptly scratching away with all her might to de-grasp his hand, and letting him sink to the depth of sea. I realize that wasn't what she actually promised, but still, the gesture was funny to me
    ha!

I did find the overall gist of Jack sacrificing himself for Rose to be a moving thing; he knew he was going to die, and you can see him realize that and yet he doesn't change what he's doing.

But the execution was kind of flawed, and the inadvertent joke you mention ("I'll never let go, Jack. I'll never let go." [stage direction: She lets go]) still makes me laugh every time I see it now. And any romance highlighted by a steamy handprint on the glass of the back window of a rocking vehicle just sort of loses it for me... we've now ventured into the realm of teenage drama/slapstick.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    The Piano is an abomination. I wish I had a time machine, so I could go back and choose not to watch it.
    Heheheh, even my wife hated it.

Oberon

The first Nightmare on Elm Street flick. Freddy and the girl just never really connected, you know?

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    And the movie " Mad Dog and Glory" had a awkward, profoundly embarrassing sex scene with Robert DeNiro and Uma Thurman that made me flee the room. He looked like he was trying to clear a drain.
    On the flipside, it's one of the better depictions of "awkward guy" ever..

That movie is great for other reasons though... the fact that Bill Murray is the mafia guy and DeNiro the wimp.

MBTI
    a
    Enneagram
    s
    Socionics
    d

I love "The Notebook" movie! It's so romantic and I think it's hardly to find something so sweet like Allie and Noah in real life.
    bar stools clearance sale going on now...

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post

Yes, I always laugh at this too. There are a lot of moments I laugh in that movie when I think about it.

First off, near the beginning when the captain is up on the catwalk overlooking the ship with that satisfied look on his face. Back when that movie came out, MST3K did some television spots ripping on it. One of the scenes they ripped was that one, when the captain came on screen Mike Nelson goes "I'm gonna get plastered and sink this bitch". That is ALL I think of when that scene comes up now, every single time without fail.

The second scene is when Jack and Rose run away from the security guys looking for them after they do it in the car. She tells him "When the ship docks, I'm getting off with you". First time I saw that in the theater, my best friend and I turned to each other at the same time like "Didn't she just do that???". It's such a cheap joke, but I just remember it and laugh, I can't help it.

Third one is kind of stupid. When the captain is all catatonic on the boat deck during the sinking, there's a part where you see a guy in the background grab a life preserver and then he goes running off rather manically. To me, that moment just looked like a Monty Python sketch and I just cracked up. It was made worse by the fact it was supposed to be an emotionally weighty moment. The theater was packed the first time I saw it and people were already raising their hankies while I sat there giggling hysterically, and the more I thought "I shouldn't laugh right now", the more I laughed.

One other thing that makes me laugh is from a recent fan fiction I read where the author was simulating what it would be like if the characters were on Facebook. Two of the things she wrote were:

Cal H. says: "I'm on a boat motherf***ers!"

and

Cal H. likes 'Dramatic, psychotic gestures"

(For the whole thing: If Titanic Were on Facebook, a Titanic fanfic - FanFiction.Net )
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Every romantic movie that is ridden with silly stereotyping and obvious clichés.

So like, every movie that has the romantic stamp on it.

To me romantic movies are movies like Gladiator. Now that's a romantic movie.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFP

Dirty dancing. That movie made my skin crawl, and it can't just be the age difference because I thought Lost in Translation was quite a romantic movie. Especially that last kiss.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

You didn't like Patrick Swayze?