User Tag List

First 12345 Last

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Well, English Patient was a complete snoozer for me
    Ya, wtf was up with that????

<--- my face at the end of the movie.

I mean, sure, it's sad that she died alone, but COME ON. WEAK !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Well, English Patient was a complete snoozer for me
    To me The English Patient was like two different movies; one where Ralph Fiennes and Kristin Scott-Thomas are in the desert, and one where he and Juliette Binoche are at the country estate and he's recuperating. I liked the latter, but the former put me to sleep.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ----

i loved the english patient. shut up, all of you. and i don't like many romantic movies.

the notebook made me gag as did the titanic.

ps bring ralph fiennes to me.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    i loved the english patient. shut up, all of you. and i don't like many romantic movies.

If you bring me Juliette Binoche, I will get him for you.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

And I loved Titanic.

So there.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

I have to say " Sliver" was the biggest, suckiest, most un-erotic creepfest I was forced to sit through. You would think that Sharon Stone taking her britches off in a restaurant would have some sex appeal, but you would be so wrong.

And the movie " Mad Dog and Glory" had a awkward, profoundly embarrassing sex scene with Robert DeNiro and Uma Thurman that made me flee the room. He looked like he was trying to clear a drain.

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I have to say " Sliver" was the biggest, suckiest, most un-erotic creepfest I was forced to sit through. You would think that Sharon Stone taking her britches off in a restaurant would have some sex appeal, but you would be so wrong.

And the movie " Mad Dog and Glory" had a awkward, profoundly embarrassing sex scene with Robert DeNiro and Uma Thurman that made me flee the room. He looked like he was trying to clear a drain.
    Agree, and agree. 'Sliver' (along with Basic Instinct) was just such a gratuitous trash fest. And I've pretty much blocked 'Mad Dog & Glory' from my mind because of the very reason you mentioned *shudder*.

***Titanic SPOILERS below if there is anyone left who hasn't seen it***

'Titanic' is one of those movies I'm so conflicted about. A friend and I avoided that movie when it first came out because of all the hype, then we were bored and said "Ah screw it" and went to see it. I kept rolling my eyes at the cheesiness, but I loved the time period and the sound effects of the sinking in the movie theater were so frickin' scary. By the end we were crying our butts off and we wound up seeing it in the theater five more times.

It's one of those movies I hate myself for being attached to because I constantly roll my eyes when I watch it, and half the time I can't wait for the boat to sink, lol. I never cry when Jack kicks the bucket, but I always cry when they pan over the photographs of all the stuff she did that they talked about. Then I feel like a total sucker. I could be all like "I hate that movie" but that would be a lie. Saying I love it is a lie too. I'm eternally conflicted (and I love making fun of it). Guilty pleasure I suppose.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    INTP

I always get the impression Gone with the Wind is supposed to be romantic, but Scarlett and Rhett are two narcissists that you can't really cheer for, when it's all said and done. They both kind of deserve to be miserable.

The Piano is an abomination. I wish I had a time machine, so I could go back and choose not to watch it.

Notting Hill was TERRIBLE on every level. There was nothing remotely likable about Julia Roberts' character in that movie.

Twilight seems like co-dependency and control issues, taken by 15 year olds to be what true love looks like.
    Something Witty

figsfiggyfigs

Hey I didn't say I hated the movie. I love the English Patient as well, I just didn't like the ending, to me, it was not romantic. It was lacking in.. something.

and I didn't like seeing Raph Fiennes sad. xD!!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't even know what to bring up. The bulk of chick flicks (exemplified by "Sleepless in Seattle") bore me. Usually I find it easier to mention those that I actually enjoyed.

(For example, "My Best Friend's Wedding" was witty and actually revolves around the lead character finally growing up, rather than getting the guy. And I was kind of surprised to find myself enjoying, on lesser levels but still enjoying, "50 First Dates" and "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days." If there's a basic level sweetness to the movie, I can sometimes make it work.)

But usually I find romance in drama, rather than romance as its own genre. ("The Remains of the Day" for a tragedy, for example.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah
    Notting Hill was TERRIBLE on every level. There was nothing remotely likable about Julia Roberts' character in that movie.

Twilight seems like co-dependency and control issues, taken by 15 year olds to be what true love looks like.
    Agreed on Notting Hill. Ick.

I actually enjoyed Twilight... but I never expected the romance to be anything more than teen-age celibate angst. (Vampires without sex?) Basically, for me, it was one of the movies that was marginally interesting if I just took it at face value and didn't expect it to represent mature relationships or to be more than it was; I expected it to be utterly awful and it managed to avoid that.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft