User Tag List

Thread: Photobooks

Default Photobooks

I only recently bought a book of photographs from the National Geographic, pretty much because I never had money for this before, I never saw one produced in the smaller format which I wanted for my book shelf or car and I always thought them a bit of an indulgence contra the written word.

However, that said I love this book and I've been looking at a book on dream destinations, it is a travel book which has lots of photos which I'm thinking about buying because of the photos.

Does anyone else have favourite photobooks or recommendations? Is it the sort of thing you'd want to own or would you just loan it from the library or a friend? Do you also keep photo albums or take pictures with your phone or camera?

Patron Saint Of Smileys Array Gloriana's Avatar

I have bins upon bins full of photographs but I haven't stuck them in photo albums yet. I keep thinking it will be something to keep me busy when I'm old and nostalgic, haha.

Fave photo books?

Gregory Crewdson - 1985-2005

Gregory Crewdson - Beneath The Roses

Robert & Shana ParkeHarrison - The Architect's Brother

William A. Ewing - The Body

William A. Ewing - Love & Desire

EDIT: I own all the above except 'Beneath The Roses' but I hope to perhaps one day own it. I rarely spend that kind of money on one book but these were special to me. Some were gifts but some I saved up to buy (I dearly love 'The Architect's Brother' and didn't eat decent food for awhile back in 2004 when I bought it).
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

i love this:

and richard avedon really brought fashion and style to vogue:
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken