Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Now really Uber, I find it hard to believe that you don't have a favorite female character that you admire for her personality aspects. I know there is a Fi in there striving to get out.
    I take it you've seen The Crying Game, then?

And Fi doesn't get out...Fe does!

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I take it you've seen The Crying Game, then?

I didn't make it all the way through The Crying Game. It just didn't strike my interest enough.

The ones that come to mind:

Erin Brockovich - smart, ambitious, dedicated

Bridget Jones - funny, honest, is herself yet is always in a state of trying to improve herself, smart, isn't 'perfect' in a typical heroine way

Alex from Fatal Attraction - not sure if she was 'well-developed' or just memorable!

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    The ones that come to mind:

Erin Brockovich - smart, ambitious, dedicated
    Good choice.

Bridget Jones - funny, honest, is herself yet is always in a state of trying to improve herself, smart, isn't 'perfect' in a typical heroine way
    Yes, a real woman heroine, the best kind.

Alex from Fatal Attraction - not sure if she was 'well-developed' or just memorable!
    Yes, very memorable. They might have gone a bit deeper into why she was so desperate. She's extreme example of Jung's "Over-Developed Eros" in a woman.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryPenguin View Post
    Am I wrong in always loving Aeon?
    I love her too. The movie really sucked though.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Helen Parr (Incredibles)
    Ellen Ripley (Alien)
    Sarah Connor (Terminator)
    Elle Arroway (Contact)

Bess MacNeil (Breaking the Waves) -- Regardless of the outcome of her decisions, what she did she did out of love for her husband.

Mary MacGregeor (Rob Roy) -- She kept a secret as a sacrifice / gift of love to her husband.

Princess Isabelle (Braveheart) -- Strong, beautiful, gracious, intelligent, and not to be dominated.

The entire female cast of "Kill Bill, Vol 1 & 2." (All of them very much "hell on wheels" without losing their femininity.)

Female cast (six actresses) of "The Descent" -- Female interplay and comraderie that was tough, yet feminine, in the midst of horrific circumstances.

Satine (Moulin Rouge) -- A woman trying to fend for herself, while maintaining her tangled web of relationships.

Sun, Kate, Ana-Lucia, Rousseau (Lost) -- Strong women who can deal with men, yet (mostly Sun and Kate) passionately give of themselves to care for the people they love.

Eowyn (Lord of the Rings) -- In some ways weak due to her insecurities, but trying so hard to be true to her kin, show strength, prove herself adequate.

Alma (Brokeback Mountain) -- Tried to make a difficult marriage work, fought to preserve it and still care for her kids despite her heart being broken.

Mary Jane Parker (Spiderman 2) -- Loves Peter, gives up convenience to be with someone she loves... although she realizes how much it will cost her to be involved with a man with split commitments.

Clementine (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) -- Yay, an ESFJ heroine! She is rough, belligerent, in emotionally flux... and yet she is so committed to giving of herself.

Lynn Sear and Anna Crowe (Sixth Sense) -- Another ESFJ heroine, Lynn is the fierce, loyal, loving, die-for-her-son mom who at the same just has such a loving and very real connection with him. Even though she doesn't understand her son and at times becomes furious with him, she will NEVER abandon him or turn on him. Anna, meanwhile, is quieter and gentler in her suffering... which you only realize afterwards that she has been dealing with throughout the movie, her heart having been broken.

Belle (Beauty and the Beast) -- Intelligent, funny, imaginative, perceptive, loyal to her promises, and dedicated to the people she loves... even while being hurt by them and always standing up for herself.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

What about Annie Wilkes in Misery?

heart on fire

Thank you Uber, for giving your opinion. I think she works just fine as "strong" woman.

Oberon

What about dropping the "I love blood and pain because I'm an adorable psycho" fake persona that everyone's so tired of?

I suspect there's a real you under there, but nobody ever gets to see it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    What about dropping the "I love blood and pain because I'm an adorable psycho" fake persona that everyone's so tired of?
    He's such a cockadoodie dirty birdie!

-----

doh, I forgot one of the best:

Clarice Starling (The Silence of the Lambs) -- She is so awesome. So human, so brave, so out of her league and faced with her own demons, but she doesn't give up and does her best, even while struggling through what is portrayed as a "man's world."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft