User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth this week. Alright, but awfully long. Was it just my TV, or was there than weird radio-like narration all through the first scene? I'm interested enough to catch next week, but I'm not really feeling a particular passion for any of the current plotlines. I get why Mr. Darcy is so grumpy all the time. I'm all that critical too, but doesn't he get tired by being so snarly all the time?
    No. Apparently, most people think he's an INTJ. They're capable of just staying in a perpetual state of grumpiness.

It might have been just your tv.

I didn't think this version of P & P was cast well. I've seen it 5 or 6 times now, and the mother's voice is enough to prevent me from ever watching it again, even though I really like it a lot. I'm convinced she's just a terrible actress. She wasn't playing her part, she was acting like she was acting. All that high-pitched nasally cackling.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    The best Masterpiece Theater versions are the ones with multiple parts, rent off of Netflix and watch all day, get totally immersed in the stories. That's my idea of a great time.

I enjoyed the Colin Frith version last night very much. I still am very partial to the 2005 version with Keira Knightley, Matthew MacFadyen, and Donald Sutherland. Both versions have their good points and both well worth watching, jmo. I watched the 2005 version on Sat night so I had a good chance to compare both. I love them both! I think Sutherland does a better job of playing her father. The first English country dance scene is better in the 2005 version, one of the best parts of the movie, I enjoy the different perspective of Elizabeth rejecting Darcy in the rain, I also enjoy the part where Elizabeth visits his home and all the collected art work.

MacFadyen gets my vote as the handsomer, more appealing Mr. Darcy, but that's just my opinion.
    I agree with you. I have come to the conclusion that the only thing the 2005 version required to reach perfection is the script from this 1995 version!

heart on fire

This thread needs some squee...thank you unknown people on photobucket...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    No. Apparently, most people think he's an INTJ. They're capable of just staying in a perpetual state of grumpiness.

It might have been just your tv.

I didn't think this version of P & P was cast well. I've seen it 5 or 6 times now, and the mother's voice is enough to prevent me from ever watching it again, even though I really like it a lot. I'm convinced she's just a terrible actress. She wasn't playing her part, she was acting like she was acting. All that high-pitched nasally cackling.
    She was quite cartoonish. But I did like most of the other actors/actresses pretty much, even if sometimes it was sort of over-the-top (with the unattractive cousin and all). I guess it's supposed to make more clear the humor of the piece?

Mr. Darcy is very INTJ. I was wondering about Elizabeth's type though. EN?p perhaps? I didn't really get a good read on that.

heart on fire

Male INFJ can be just as moody and grumpy and stubborn.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    She was quite cartoonish. But I did like most of the other actors/actresses pretty much, even if sometimes it was sort of over-the-top (with the unattractive cousin and all). I guess it's supposed to make more clear the humor of the piece?

Mr. Darcy is very INTJ. I was wondering about Elizabeth's type though. EN?p perhaps? I didn't really get a good read on that.
    Elizabeth... I have read that she is INFJ or ENFP.

Well, she's critical of people, quick to judge them, her pride gets somewhat easily wounded (but whose doesn't) she likes frolicking about out of doors, she doesn't care too much about appearances (hem 6 inches deep in mud). She hated Darcy because he ruined her beloved sister's happiness. Is that and F thing? But she would not marry Mr. Collins just to please her mother or secure the financial security of her entire family.

One thing that stands out to me is that Elizabeth is not easily intimidated. I noticed this because she's the opposite of me. She's not intimidated by Lady C., nor by Mr. Darcy coming to hear her play the pianoforte "in all your state" as she says. What type would that be?

Another outstanding characteristic is that she is like her father in that they like to laugh at people's "ridiculous" behavior.

What do you think, heart? INFJ?

heart on fire

My guess ENFJ, she strikes me as extroverted.

Edit to say: I would be curious to hear Pink's opinion.

MBTI
    INTJ

I really like this photo. I mean I R-E-A-L-L-Y like this photo.
    All of a sudden I have closure.
    (I hated the ending of the movie!)
    This would have made a much better ending!

He should have said "Mrs. Darcy" only 3 times! 4 at the most!

heart on fire

Yes, that is real gift, that picture.

MBTI
    INTJ

My guess ENFJ, she strikes me as extroverted.
    Right. I was just thinking about how she was so in touch with her thoughts and feelings when he proposed to her the first time. She had quite a bit to say to him. She wasn't at a loss for words at all.