User Tag List

View Poll Results: do you reread books that you like?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

42 75.00%
  • no

4 7.14%
  • other (which I will explain with a post or whatever will do something evil to me)

10 17.86%
First 12345 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I don't see why I would buy a book that wasn't worth of a re-read.
    Meh, I buy books I've never read so I wouldn't know ahead of time if they'd be worthy of that kind of re-readable claim (not that I'd re-read them anyway). I'm a book-a-holic, I have more books than I will read, second hand book store are to me what candy stores are to cavity-ridden pre-pubescent sugar-holic school kids. I buy books in the hope that I'll discover something great.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I don't really reread books. Certain parts, but not the entire thing.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Same as Macguffy bear.

Almost never, I reference non fiction stuff a lot. Most books get reused as coasters, table props or decorative symbols of my intellect.

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Meh, I buy books I've never read so I wouldn't know ahead of time if they'd be worthy of that kind of re-readable claim (not that I'd re-read them anyway). I'm a book-a-holic, I have more books than I will read, second hand book store are to me what candy stores are to cavity-ridden pre-pubescent sugar-holic school kids. I buy books in the hope that I'll discover something great.
    Oh dear - are you sure you aren't my child in another life??? This is soooo me!

I have books that have overflowed from my house to my mother's house. At home I have 5 large bookcases full (some double depth) and about 15 large polytubs (with lids of course), full of books.

As far as rereading - I am embarrassed to say I have read the entire Green Gable series about every 7-10 years since I was 10yo.

I reread the Gibran's The Prophet regularly, am rereading Tom West's In the Mind's Eye yet again, and will reread several books in a series when a new volume comes out just so I am in the head-space/continuity of the series.
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I love you.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Generally no. I have so many books I want to read that if I reread a book, that just prevents me from reading one of the hundreds of books in my to-read pile.

An exception is if a movie is coming out from a book that I read and enjoyed, I'll reread the book, if I think I might want to see the movie so I can better understand what's going on in the movie.

I did that with the Harry Potter books. By the time the movie came out for a particular book, it would be a few years ago since I read it. So I'd read it again to refresh my memory.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Aww gee thanks
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    I just voted so whatever would do something evil to me.

just try to make a serious thread after this... I'll fluff it quite seriously!!!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ

I read favorite literature again, I watch favorite movies again and again, and I never get tired of hearing the same music.