Thread: StarCraft 2

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Default StarCraft 2

Has anyone else bought and installed it yet? I got my copy right after midnight, 12:01. I've been a big fan of StarCraft and its expansion since they came out and I've been waiting for this game for 12 years! And as I installed it last night I am desperately trying to get used to the new units and structures for each of the races.

Who else plays?

Banned

I'll be buzzing out of holidayville back into the UK on Thursday. On Friday I'll be picking up my copy

Banned

Hell yes I've got it. I'm a Protoss player btw.

MBTI
    ISTx

Not into these kind of games really.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    Hell yes I've got it. I'm a Protoss player btw.
    I'm more of a protoss and zerg player. Terran have never had any appeal for me really. But my best friend plays terran, so that balances things out a bit.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

I have this game. It's awesome so far. I played a couple of online matches as my favorite race (yes i'm racist when it comes to starcraft), the protoss, which brought back alot of memory. I tried out my favorite strat in starcraft 1 in starcraft II which was to mass produce carriers on team battle and I'am happy it still work wonders. I'm kind of dissapointed that I did not see dragoon return (or maybe I missed them or Blizz renamed the unit), in any case I haven't had much time with the game because college is kicking my ass. But, I'm definately looking into spending alot more of my free time into the game. Hopefully I can finish the story mode this time around because in the first game, after reading the summary of the story, I lost interest in finishing the campaign.

My dilemma with games is when the story is good, I usually cannot wait to see what will happen so I end up reading the story in the internet. Afterward, I usually cannot finish the game because my motivation dissapear. Sigh, these days I'm lucky if I finish a game at all. Hoping Starcraft II is different.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    I have this game. It's awesome so far. I played a couple of online matches as my favorite race (yes i'm racist when it comes to starcraft), the protoss, which brought back alot of memory. I tried out my favorite strat in starcraft 1 in starcraft II which was to mass produce carriers on team battle and I'am happy it still work wonders. I'm kind of dissapointed that I did not see dragoon return (or maybe I missed them or Blizz renamed the unit), in any case I haven't had much time with the game because college is kicking my ass. But, I'm definately looking into spending alot more of my free time into the game. Hopefully I can finish the story mode this time around because in the first game, after reading the summary of the story, I lost interest in finishing the campaign.

My dilemma with games is when the story is good, I usually cannot wait to see what will happen so I end up reading the story in the internet. Afterward, I usually cannot finish the game because my motivation dissapear. Sigh, these days I'm lucky if I finish a game at all. Hoping Starcraft II is different.
    The deal with dragoons is that they kind of renamed them. The stalkers, which are now the replacement for dragoons are supposed to be the dark templar's version of the dragoon. They're very similar.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm thinking of buying the game on Monday...but I'm kinda afraid I'll get addicted so I probably won't buy it .

Starcraft Broodwar was the game of my childhood...the whole neighborhood played it on LAN... it was AWESOME.

MBTI
    INtP

I'll likely buy a copy. I never got into the original, but I did like Age of Empires and some of the early warcraft games. I'm a little disappointed that the system requirements are as high as they are... my macbook pro's not 2.5 years old yet, and it's basically exactly what's listed as the "minimum requirements". I could upgrade the RAM, but I'm not excited about dropping $$ on it and having a lousy experience. So I may wait for a while.

Any mac-users out there given it a shot yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    I'll likely buy a copy. I never got into the original, but I did like Age of Empires and some of the early warcraft games. I'm a little disappointed that the system requirements are as high as they are... my macbook pro's not 2.5 years old yet, and it's basically exactly what's listed as the "minimum requirements". I could upgrade the RAM, but I'm not excited about dropping $$ on it and having a lousy experience. So I may wait for a while.

Any mac-users out there given it a shot yet?
    You might not be willing to play it on that. I'm going to buy it next week, because currently it's sold out and I'll be playing it on a 13" macbook pro (the one that came out june 2009) with a NVIDIA Geforce 9400m 4gb ram core 2 duo 2.53ghz. I'll tell you how it works out. Even so my gpu isn't much higher than the minimum requirement. Supposedly it runs 15% faster if you boot into windows xp.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz