User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: StarCraft 2

MBTI
    INTx

I bought it and got generally what I expected from a Bliz game - a very polished production, good gameplay, some cute little quirks, but a cheesy second rate story.

I don't really consider the story a major failing given starcraft's strength has always beem multi.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I picked up my copy yesterday and I have to say I like it! I had some technical issues to deal with at first (game kept crashing my PC) and the performance is a little on the lower side but that was to be expected since my PC is around the minimum requirement range.

It doesn't crash anymore and once I get into the game though everything runs great. It feels like a sexed up version of SC1, which isn't bad since I liked SC1.

Oh, and I'm loving the campaign thus far . Looking forward to see how things develop!
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    LoLz

I just ended my single player stint of it now at 1:30 am. been playing since 9 PM. I couldn't play for 2 days after I bought it because I was resolving an issue with my laptop, ending up with the culprit being it overheating and needing a cleaning.

This single player campaign is ridiculous. I've fallen in love with the upgrades feature they added to campaign. It really adds another dimension to gameplay. I was really excited about getting automated refineries. The medivacs are really awesome, especially once upgraded. They really added a lot of good things to the game over SC1. How can you not love a game where the best strategy is to overwhelm your opponent with numbers?

When I play the missions, I definitely get the feeling I'm being rushed, and I *like* that. A mission made me keep up with moving convoys that needed protection, so I was managing the base and thinking on my feet with the convoys. The other mission where I made that screenshot was cool as I had to defend during the night and attack during the day. These are definitely creative missions.

One thing that I'm noticing I like a lot is the improved AI and functionality of the game. Medics follow ground units instead of running ahead. I actually make medics an integral part of my marine force because of that one improved piece of AI. SCV's automatically repair units and structures. You can shift-build multiple structures in a row so that one SCV can build a string of supply depots without you having to pay attention to it. These were just a few quirks that made me annoyed with SC1.

Regenerative vehicles made the mission with the planet going nova much simpler. They introduced medivacs in that one mission, then immediately after, I upgraded them. Dropships that can heal? Yes please. Faster unloading and healing two at once is well worth it. Each mission is unique. Which is really good. I felt bad for Kerrigan during that cutscene of being abandoned. Tychas'(sp?) joyride in Odin was hilarious to watch.

Blizzard is one of the companies that makes quality games, and I have no problem giving my money to them. I just played the mission called Maw of the Void. It was the first mission that I outright lost. I ran out of resources and slowly died.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Reached Platinum in 1v1 as Protoss. Whooooo.

Ive been neglecting the campaigns though. Paying through them now. How fucking cool is Kerrigan Queen of Blades?
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    INTP

Unfortunately I've been watching much more than playing. I love the pro level commentaries. I think I'm still a bigger fan of classic SC, but that should change given enough playtime.

MBTI
    ENTP

Anyone else plays?

MBTI
    ISTx

I should get this.

Senior Member StrappingYoungLad's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by guesswho View Post
    Anyone else plays?
    Me !

I crush nerds in 1v1 Diamond League with the 4 Gate rush. Its br00tal d00d.

MBTI
    ENTP

I don't know the game kind of annoys me, I suck at management, and the game is aaaaaaaaaaaaalllll about management and strategy, a lot of stuff to control.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I hate commentators. I could.....destroy them. AND their voices!