• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Share your favorite Music

suzyk

MBTI Type
INTP
I like J-Pop/Japanese music in general, because I can easily sing it, and I can 'feel' or 'sense' the rhythm and melody. I like SNoW's strong voice and lyrics, because although I don't understand Japanese, I look up the lyrics and sing them in English and Japanese. I can easily pick up the words because I can pronounce them, and they don't go extremely fast like French music, or slow like English music. I also like Mami Kawada, and Indian music, like the music CD for the Bollywood movie 'Kal Ho Naa Ho'. Otherwise, I have a lot of favourite artists and bands I am not going to list, but if you haven't tried out the band Paramore's music, you should. It's very catchy and good.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I wish there was an easy, user friendly and relatively fast way to make a streaming playlist, that people online can listen to. That'd be a cool way to share one's tastes.

I love well written/structured songs. I'm a sucker for a good recording/production (my dad is a recording engineer...). That being said, I can get into almost any style of music. Heavier music will always be the apple of my eye though (well maybe not always, but it has always been and continues to be).

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
Dire Straits. I can't exactly define what makes me like their music. But it's definitely the best rock music I've ever heard. (Well, Mark Knopfler's voice and guitar playing must have something to do with my choice... :D)

Hanz Zimmer. His soundtracks are very powerful, there's a lot of variation in his productions, and his songs have, in my opinion, stronger "feeling" or "atmosphere" than the compositions of several other soundtrack composers.

Lasse Martenson. A Finnish soundtrack composer, who has IMO created nearly the most beautiful music I've heard. His most famous composition is Stormskaers Maja.

The Unknown Essence

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I mostly like rock stuff, although I also like classical music. Here is a list of some of my favourite bands:

Evanescence
Alter bridge
Logan
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Travis
Oasis
Maroon 5
Seether
Shinedown
Muse
The Hoosiers
Disturbed
Puddle of Mud
Nickelback
Finger Eleven

Mole

Permabanned
Piaf Springs Eternal

I have been listening to Piaf, the French chantreuse.

She is wonderful and I have been wondering why she is so exceptional.

And I think it is because she has presence.

But what is presence?

It is simply being yourself in public.

It sounds so easy but so few, so very few, achieve it.

And we are immediately touched by it - there is nothing between us and the immediate feelings of the singer - we feel with the singer.

Unfortunately almost all wear a mask to protect themselves - but they not only succeed in hiding themselves from us but they succeed in hiding from even themself.

This phoney mask is very understandable particularly by MBTI members who almost all hide behind a pseudonym which conceals them, not only from us, but also from themselves.

But Piaf shows us the way - it only takes courage and integrity.

Piaf springs eternal.

Victor.

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Lately I've been listening a lot to another german band-OOMPH! (Yes, that's actually the name). Same genre as Rammstein, but with a lot more variety in the music and lyrics.

Rasa

MBTI Type
INFP
It's a multiple personality disorder night:

"Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode
"Whatever Lola Wants" by Sarah Vaughan
"The Wonderbees" by Recess Monkey (What can I say? Shuffle randomly picked a song from my 8-year old's playlist)
"Sea Lion Woman" by Feist
"Rockstar" by Nickelback (that was my hub's playlist)
"Hold On Hold On" by Neko Case
"Missa Lumen de Lumine" by Trio Mediaevel
"Saving Grace" by Tom Petty
"Seventy-Four, Seventy-Five" by Shearwater
"Falling Slowly" by Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova
"Touch Me" by The Doors

Rasa

MBTI Type
INFP
"Dead Egyptian Blues" -- the Bernice Lewis cover version is brilliant

Listen at cdbaby.com/cd/blewis2

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I listen to anything with nice rhythm and melody, rap is fine, only if the rap makes sense or it's not all gibberish rap from beginning to end, e.g where is the love by black eyed pea, one of the only rap songs that i don't find unbearable. I listen to mostly indie, alternative and rock.

Rilo Kiley, Coldplay, Voxtrot, The Cab, Boys Like Girls, Corrinne May (slow ambient pop, good for insomniacs, I love this album when I feel sleepy but can't sleep), The Strokes, Within Temptation, Imogen Heap, Fiest, Paramore, Train, This Providence, Stars, Skillet, Relient K, advantage Lucy, BoA, xoxo Panda (korean indie) etc.

Fishfighter

MBTI Type
INTP
Any metalheads out there?

I compiled a list of my favourite twenty albums (yes I'm obsessive :D ). :headphne:

20) Black Sabbath - Paranoid
19) Megadeth - So far, so good... so what!
18) AC/DC - Back in Black
17) Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance
16) Metallica - Master of Puppets
15) G N R - Appetite for Destruction
14) Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction
13) Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind
12) Pantera - Cowboys from Hell
11) Metallica - ...And Justice for All
10) Iced Earth - Something Wicked this way Comes
9) Judas Priest - Stained Class
8) Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast
7) Slayer - Show no Mercy
6) Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime
5) Megadeth - Rust in Peace
4) Slayer - Reign in Blood
3) Judas Priest - British Steel
2) Metallica - Ride the Lightning
1) Metallica - Kill 'em All

\m/ :headphne: \m/

MBTI Type
INTJ
Any metalheads out there?

I compiled a list of my favourite twenty albums (yes I'm obsessive :D ). :headphne:

18) AC/DC - Back in Black
16) Metallica - Master of Puppets
15) G N R - Appetite for Destruction
14) Megadeth - Countdown to Extinction
6) Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime
5) Megadeth - Rust in Peace
2) Metallica - Ride the Lightning
1) Metallica - Kill 'em All

\m/ :headphne: \m/

These are all albums I love as well. I'm not a metalhead per se, but I enjoy a lot of the more mainstream metal. Not much of a fan of Slayer or Pantera or the harder stuff. Have you heard a new band called Five Finger Death Punch? They're pretty good.