• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Share your favorite Music

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
[ONG BAK]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E9ugFkmf8M"]Ong Bak - Theme.[/YOUTUBE]​

... Impressive, indeed!

My little brother had us watch this movie when he discovered it back in July '08 - boasting how skilled that guy, Tony Jaa, is. Turns out he looks almost exactly, like the aged version of my close university friend in my physics classes. He's malaysian, and returned back in malaysia that autumn. Boy, do I miss him - as a good friend; like a brother.

KDude

Yep, great movie.. Check out his others if you haven't seen em. His stunts are always amazing..

___

The Gories!~
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfuXJL6JTIU]gories[/youtube]

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Well, if anyone (stupid) wrote off Vampire Weekend as a novelty pop-rock act before, they should take a listen to their new album. It's a real progression. They are one of our best rock bands right now.

[YOUTUBE=bccKotFwzoY]Vampire Weekend - Giving Up the Gun[/YOUTUBE]

jamisloan

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I love music, and when I'm drawing or painting or just creating stuff in general, I tend to be listening to music. Summing up what I listen to isn't easy for me because I always feel like I'm leaving something out if I use a simple sentence to sum it up.

So... how about a long explanation?

I made a mix cd for myself a few months ago to listen to in the car...and I've enjoyed the mix so much that I've been using it as an example of what I listen to on various forums!

Leona Naess - Calling
The Magnetic Fields - Love is Lighter Than Air
Wilco and Billy Bragg - Hesitating Beauty
The Field Mice - Canada
Louis Armstrong - The Dummy Song
Nick Drake - One of These Things First
George Harrison - Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
Sam Cooke - (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons
She & Him - Why Do You Let Me Stay Here?
The Features - The Idea of Growing Old
Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
David Gray - Babylon
Brisa Roché - Dial Me Up
Sara Bareilles - Love Song
Louis Prima - When You're Smiling/The Sheik Of Araby
Walter Meego - Forever

With music, I tend to have phases. When I leave a phase, I still enjoy the music, but I get "tired" and move onto something that feels more fresh to me and then revisit things from phases later on in a less obsessed way.

For a while I was huge into twee pop, listening exclusively to stuff like The Field Mice, All Girl Summer Fun Band, The Magic Whispers, Hello Saferide, The Snow Fairies, The Camera Casanovas!, etc.

Then I was hugely into trip-hop stuff like Bjork, Massive Attack, Supreme Beings of Leisure, Microbunny, Conjure One, Ruby, Rob Dougan, Moby, etc.

Then another time I was huge into weird folk stuff like Devendra Banhart, Joanna Newsom, Scout Niblett, Iron and Wine, Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Vashti Bunyan, etc.

Back in high school and before, I was more into rock/punk/against the man stuff, like Weezer, Social Distortion, bis, Green Day, Rancid, MXPX, NoFx, Sublime, Everclear, Eve6, Third Eye Blind, Stabbing Westward, Matchbox Twenty, etc

I've also been in the general "indie" phase as well, including stuff like of Montreal, The Magnetic Fields, Bright Eyes, Neutral Milk Hotel, Apples in Stereo, The Decemberists, Death Cab for Cutie, Marshmallow Coast, Essex Green, Cat Power, etc

And again I was into general pop type stuff, adult alternative, type stuff, including Poe, Madonna, Sheryl Crow, Sarah McLachlan, Dido, Ani DiFranco, Melissa Ferrick, Annie, Aimee Mann, Duncan Sheik, Trespassers William, Vienna Teng, Beth Orton, Darren Hanlon, Imogen Heap,

Also a shoegazey type phase including Mazzy Star, Jesus and Mary Chain, My Bloody Valentine, etc

Also was into general country/folk type stuff as well, including Cat Stevens, The Innocence Mission, Hanne Hukkleberg,

Then there was the older stuff phase, including Sal Mineo, Nat King Cole, Aretha Franklin, Ella Fitzgerald, The Zombies, Chad & Jeremy, Patsy Cline, Brenda Lee, etc.

Inbetween all of these phases, I have these downtimes where I just listen to everything on random(shuffe if you use iTunes like I do), or I make playlists and mix CDs with specific songs that fit a theme or are in general just very enjoyable to me at the time. Then something finds me or I find it randomly, either via the radio, browsing the internet(forums, last.fm, songmeanings.net, friends, or otherwise) and I become launched into another theme related to whatever it is I've found and the cycle starts all over again.

I feel weird sometimes for having these themes/phases I go through, because I feel like I'm being too "into" one thing, but I think in general it's a positive, because I end up, afterwards, having more music to add to my library for later on when I enter another downtime of shuffling. I don't get entirely sick of whatever the phase was after I'm out of it, I just save it for later because I get enough of it after a while that I move onto something else. When stuff comes on shuffle later from previous phases I'm very happy to hear it again and will revisit it to some extent!

So yep, there's my taste in music. I hope you find some new stuff there...though I'm not sure how great I am at assigning genres to stuff.

You just saved me so much time by typing EXACTLY what I was going to say.

I have way too many favorites because I'm all over the place when it comes to music... but here are the my all time favorites or the one's I always come back to:

Ani Difranco
Sublime
RHCP
Foo Fighters
The Beatles
Cat Stevens
The Spill Canvas
Dashboard
Lil Wayne (haha)
Bright Eyes
Jack Johnson
Beastie Boys
Vanella Ice (just ice ice baby but that is MY song and I request it everytime I go clubbing haha)
Nirvana
Bob Marley
John Mayer
Jewel
Ben Harper

I'm going to stop or I'll just keep going. I also just found a song I'm IN LOVE WITH and have it on replay in my car right now. Incense and peppermints by strawberry alarm clock. I love love love it. :yes:

Malice

Boldly Gone
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2W3
Abney Park, The Birthday Massacre, Delerium, Emily Haines & The Soft Skeleton, Epica, Flogging Molly, Interpol, Johnny Hollow, The Killers, Ladytron, Led Zeppelin, Malice Mizer, Metric, Placebo, Stars, VNV Nation

to name a few. :headphne:

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, if anyone (stupid) wrote off Vampire Weekend as a novelty pop-rock act before, they should take a listen to their new album. It's a real progression. They are one of our best rock bands right now.

[YOUTUBE=bccKotFwzoY]Vampire Weekend - Giving Up the Gun[/YOUTUBE]

I kinda eeped at the people in this video :wubbie:
It's like they put all my lovers in one video!! :holy:

Plus, I've never heard of this group before, but I really like them!

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
[Tatu, Ya Soshla S Uma.]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F-JfWqMG6g"]Tatu, Ya Soshla S Uma.[/YOUTUBE]

... Vid contains some what 'inappropriate' material, which may not be suitable to some viewers. I don't particularly approve of it myself, but I posted the vid to the song because it's largely reflective to the energy of the music in it, which without would feel underrated.

Enjoy.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Post-Grunge
Funk Rock
Hard Rock
Indie
Salsa Rock
Prog Rock
Industrial Metal
Nu Metal
Thrash Metal
Symphonic Metal
Power Metal
Prog Metal
Melodic Black Metal
Classic Heavy Metal
Ska Rock
Reggae Rock
Punk
Post-Punk
Ska
Reggae

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
[Stealth - Bulletproof Skin.]

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61NLMh3JMT8"]Bulletproof Skin - Stealth.[/YOUTUBE]

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AVd5RVukcs"]Black Keys[/YOUTUBE]

I'm pretty stoked that I get to see these guys this weekend. :D

StoryToTell

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
NADJA
Drone/post-metal/awesome.
[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgJdLr6uU80"][/YOUTUBE]
Just discovered Jesu are quite cool too.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some of the music I'm currently listening to

The Beach Boys
Ween
Phil Spector
Love Unlimited Orchestra/Barry White
Franz Ferdinand
The Kinks
Isley Brothers
Donna Summer
Jean-Marc Cerrone
Daft Punk
The Cure
Modjo
Prince
Kraftwerk
The Buggles
Chic
Serge Gainsbourg
The Police
Dimitri From Paris
Boards of Canada
The Beatles
Kingston Trio
Funkadelic
Oasis
The Go Betweens
Queen
Sergio Mendes
Siouxsie and The Banshees
Air "Moon Safari"
The Carpenters

The one song I really like now is Dancing Queen by ABBA, it has a great Phil Spector-like wall of sound with all the intruments and lush vocals.