• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Share your favorite Music

Apollonian

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm a punk-rock/new wave/rockabilly kind of girl which means I like a little of everything really. ha ha!
(not so much Beethoven as I find his stuff "note-y" or Mozart, who's just a bit of a musical spazz)

*LAUGH* You like punk-rock, and you think Mozart is a "musical spazz"... I really can't explain why I find that to be so hilarious...maybe because I can see exactly what you're talking about. :laugh:

There are some good suggestions here. Its hard to find new stuff that I don't already have. It looks like Gordon Lightfoot and Martin Orford are winners. I also got some Lynyrd Skynyrd. Another friend suggested The Muse. Plus, I downloaded some of the music from the film August Rush.

Please keep them coming; this is awesome.

I was also listening to REM today, which is a great throwback from the 80's/90's.

My favorite "Classical" piece (which I actually think is technically Romantic) is Mars from the Planets Suite by Holst, although Bach has some pretty good stuff. However, you want to talk about old... I have some medievil Organum and Motet choral arrangements which are pretty awesome from just about a millenium ago when 'music' as we know it was being invented.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Death Metal: Deeds of Flesh, Averse Sefira, Immolation, Incantation, Gorguts, Intestine Baalism, Morbid Angel, Rotting Christ, Fleshcrawl, early Entombed & early At the Gates, Supuration, Suffocation, Sinister, Hypocrisy, Massacra

Black Metal: Celtic Frost/Hellhamer, Graveland, Varathron, Summoning, Darkthrone, Immortal, Emperor, Burzum, Sacramentum

Doom Metal: Ras Algethi, Solitude Aeturnus, Candlemass, Saint Vitus

Heavy Metal: Motorhead, Absu

Sludge Metal: Eyehategod

Speed/Thrash Metal: Slayer, Voivod

Power Metal: Blind Guardian

Assorted Neoclassical: Sol Invictus, Jääportit, Gae Bolg, Jesu, Autechre, VNV Nation, Jordi Savall, Kraftwerk, Steve Roach, Maeror Tri, Dead Can Dance

Assorted Electronica: Infected Mushroom, Ashtorath

Classical: Grieg, Beethoven, Bach, Schubert, Chopin, Mozart, Holst, Basil Poledouris (Did conan the Barbarian - the greatest score ever written for a movie), Brahms, Haydn, Wagner

MBTI Type
INTJ
I just used my Christmas iTunes! Here's what I bought:

The new Radiohead SUCK IT FMWARNER
Manu Chao, La Radiolina (nice, but I like his older stuff better I think)
Dire Straights self-titled (pre-Money for Nothing, nice bluesy feel)
Spoon, Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
Mastodon, Leviathan
LCD Sound System, Sound of Silver
Modest Mouse, We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank

I'll do no such thing! :) LCD Soundsystem was awesome live, but I haven't heard the album. And I would never in a million years have guessed that you like Mastodon, but I can't exactly say why.

Here's some (mostly) lesser known bands that I love and think are worth a listen:

Tsar (glam rock/power pop)
Silversun Pickups (nerdy garage rock...like a bar band version of Smashing Pumpkins)
The Black Keys (lo-fi garage band blues)
The Donnas (basically an all-girl Motley Crue...fun!)
Fountains Of Wayne (power pop with harmonies rivaling the Beach Boys)
Jellyfish (Beatlesque pop)
Kings of Leon (southern rock with a modern twist)
My Morning Jacket (the illegitimate child of Lynyrd Skynyrd and Pink Floyd...really)
Pink Spiders (punky glam rock)

I also have to mention my beloved White Stripes because I've never seen such a popular band that so many people have never heard of.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I like a little of everything myself. From John Mayer to blast beat, guttural screamy metal.

Heavy music will always hold a special place in my heart though.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Noel, do you like Dark Tranquility by chance?

I really liked The Gallery a lot. It's a very solid album. I find their other stuff post-Haven more accessible to listen to than say Skydancer/The Gallery/The Mind's I. That's not to say that post Haven, no good songs exist though. They were one of the first metal bands I listened to aside from In Flames, Iron Maiden (Damn it, forgot to add that to the list) and Blind Guardian.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mozart was THAT GUY who was always trying to cram too many notes on a line!! :D Arg! I can see his virtuosity, but the overriding issue with him is the neuroticism. It just throws this heavy TARP of notes over everything. I'm like everyone else in that I like his "magic flute" stuff, but beyond that? He loses my interest quickly. Same thing with Beethoven -- he's like listening to an erratic heartbeat. I imagine his crazy-haired stone-deaf self pounding away on my brain like he did with his piano.

Sort of like Pat Methany and his deconstructed jazz. Yuck.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I really liked The Gallery a lot. It's a very solid album. I find their other stuff post-Haven more accessible to listen to than say Skydancer/The Gallery/The Mind's I. That's not to say that post Haven, no good songs exist though. They were one of the first metal bands I listened to aside from In Flames, Iron Maiden (Damn it, forgot to add that to the list) and Blind Guardian.

I haven't listened to anything pre-Damage Done but I own that album and the two after it ('Character' and 'Fiction'). All solid albums in my opinion. One of my favorite metal bands.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mussorgsky- Pictures in an Exhibition :wubbie:

impressive music written about not so impressive art work! :)

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Iron Maiden
Manowar
Black Sabbath
Black Label Society

Suicide Commando
Unter Null
Wumpscut

Cradle of Filth
Lamb of God
Trivium

Virgin Black
Saviour Machine

Slim Thug
Camillionaire
UGK

that's a taste anyways

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, if you really want to branch out here's my most frequently listened to artists list from Last FM! :laugh: I think it's all awesome at least! :heart:

Bob Dylan
The Pogues
Dropkick Murphys
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes
Gogol Bordello
The Cure
Ленинград
Buddy Holly
Stiff Little Fingers
Gipsy Kings
Mad Caddies
Bad Religion
Depeche Mode
Dead Kennedys
Swingin' Utters
Jason and the Scorchers
The Dubliners
Sham 69
Los Autenticos Decadentes
Kultur Shock

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
:nice:

For:

Mastodon
Silversun Pickups
Mad Caddies

I'll check out some of the stuff people post.

Noel

MBTI Type
INFP
Burzum - Filosofem - Dunkelheit

Atmospheric, ethereal and simple yet infinitely complex. This one is a very accessible black metal song accompanied with an appealing esoteric visual of the past, present and future. For those his vocals unappealing, I suggest focusing your mind/ears to become in tune with the guitar only-everything else will unfold.

The Third Rider

MBTI Type
ENFj
OK let me inject some Latino flavor into this site.:smile: I will put up different "styles". There are A LOT more different styles but this are just a small sample size I guess. I do listen to a lot of different types of music but I just wanted to share Latin ones with you guys:

Here is Mana.
YouTube - Mariposa traicionera- mana

Here is some merengue (its a weird mix though) by Fulanito:
YouTube - Fulanito - Guallando

Another one by Mana:
YouTube - MANA-OYE MI AMOR

Here is Ricardo Arjona. (This guy is a genius, asuming you hear and understood his other tracks)
YouTube - ricardo arjona DESNUDA

Alejandro Fernandez. (I really like this song for some reason)
YouTube - Alejandro Fernández - Como Quien Pierde Una Estrella

Here is some salsa by Marc Anthony:
YouTube - Marc Anthony - "Tu Amor Me Hace Bien"

Here is some Bachata Mixed:
YouTube - BACHATA MIX

This is more like hip hop (Zion):
YouTube - zundada - zion ( WwW.Viciomusical.NeT )

This another similar to the one above (Hector):
YouTube - Hector El Father - Sola

Here is another one (Wisin & Yandel):
YouTube - Wisin & Yandel - Sexy Movimiento: Closed Captioned

This one is more hip hop/rap (Daddy Yankee):
YouTube - Gansta Zone - Daddy Yanquee

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5