• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Share your favorite Music

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Right now my asshole Internet connection won't let me post that although I think 80s new wave, 21st Century hipster or Lana del Rey top hits are important, I'm honestly kind of pissed it ain't letting me post regional favorites like:

1) Country Roads, Take Me Home - John Denver

2) 74-75 - The Connells

3) Louisiana Saturday Night - Mel McDaniels

4) Hotel California - the Eagles

5) Sweet Home Alabama
-Skynard

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
6 months on repeat in my cassette-player-only truck, after ordering a second hand copy online for 35 bucks, and it just keeps getting better and better:

51o8Esl%2BV5L.jpg

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love Austra!

I like their first album much more than their second, but it's all good stuff. Lose It is my favorite track by them :).

I also prefer their first album -- it's darker, more theatrical and intense. I also like Katie Stelmanis' operatic voice -- it adds warmth to the coolness of electronic music, though I would say that her voice is rather metallic and piercing.

Do you like CHVRCHES? I'm quite a fan of Clearest Blue.

á´…eparted

passages
I also prefer their first album -- it's darker, more theatrical and intense. I also like Katie Stelmanis' operatic voice -- it adds warmth to the coolness of electronic music, though I would say that her voice is rather metallic and piercing.

Do you like CHVRCHES? I'm quite a fan of Clearest Blue.

I've given CHVRCHES a chance, but it just doesn't quite do it for me. It's one of those bands where by all accounts I should like them, but don't (like how I feel about Grimes).

I haven't really listened to Austra much recently, because I sort of burned myself out on them in 2011 when I discovered them (I made the mistake of listening to much, which often ruins bands for me :(). They also do TERRIBLE images/videos IMO, ugh. I like the metallic quality to her voice as well, and when she taps dark she does it so well! That style is hit and miss for me, because if you don't do it right, it sounds so screechy. I actually found a band recently that does just that, and I love it:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
@Hard

I was actually disappointed with Chvrches new album and it really didn't get me anywhere feeling like their first. I tried to force myself to give it a re listen but it just seems like they're missing something.

Grimes I am mixed. Some of her songs lull me to sleep, others are really catchy, some are just a nice to listen for a very specific mood and some are hair raising joy.

á´…eparted

passages
@Hard

I was actually disappointed with Chvrches new album and it really didn't get me anywhere feeling like their first. I tried to force myself to give it a re listen but it just seems like they're missing something.

Grimes I am mixed. Some of her songs lull me to sleep, others are really catchy, some are just a nice to listen for a very specific mood and some are hair raising joy.

Another issue I have with Grimes (particularly right at the start of her work) is it's very clear she is trying really hard with her image. It wasn't til her newest album that she transitioned to "I am going to do what I want cause I can!" which I can respect and enjoy a lot. The music was ok. I gave it two listens and haven't desired to hear it again.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Another issue I have with Grimes (particularly right at the start of her work) is it's very clear she is trying really hard with her image. It wasn't til her newest album that she transitioned to "I am going to do what I want cause I can!" which I can respect and enjoy a lot. The music was ok. I gave it two listens and haven't desired to hear it again.

Oh I definitely agree. Her new music is actually much more poppy and mainstream sounding actually, which isn't bad per se, but doesn't make me want to choose grimes over other very very popular pop artists. I do love pop by the way but I know their rank and file of what's best and what's so so.

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION] and [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION]

I'm with you both on Grimes. I *should* like it but her voice and music just sound too generic indie electronic for my tastes.

To be clear, I only like Clearest Blue. I'm actually not a fan of the lead's singer's voice -- I think she sounds like Minnie Mouse on helium. I do appreciate their production, but I think it's a shame that they're let down by such a vocalist.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm cross-posting this from my private blog.

This video is so me.

The song is my genre. The visuals are my aesthetic. The lyrics are relatable.

And I feel like in a way, it sort of describes me. I mean I love the original song too, but specifically this male cover of it. (And not just because he's got, like, my dream voice.)

In a way, it sort of describes my experience as a trans guy with a more "traditionally feminine" personality. As far as gender stereotypes go, I'm more soft than tough, more gentle than firm, more "feminine" than "masculine." Which is funny and ironic, because I have absolutely no doubts in my mind that I'm not a girl. Which probably seems strange to other people, if not a contradiction.

Everyone's experience is different, though. This is just how I am.

I'm obsessed with this right now.

Blackout

Permabanned
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
YOU ARE ALL SUCH HIPSTERS IT MAKES ME SICK

STILL NOT AS GOOD AS RADIOHEAD