That Eric Whitacre link was great, thats one added to my next shopping list!
(edit: well, if/when its released anyway, but I may order some of his other albums)
The Cruxshadows. I only dicovered them a year or so ago when someone recommended Ethernaut to me, and then I found Dreamcypher which IMO is one of the best albums I've listend to in years. Some of those genres listed above are ones I know nothing about but based on the recommendatiosn they are grouped with, I'd be interested in some recommendations of specific artists from them.
Now a few more recommendations of my own - trying to find stuff in my collection I don't think others have recommended yet (but I'll go ahead and throw in recommendations for Arcana, Flogging Molly, Enya and Clannad). (a slightly trimmed down version of my music bookmarks webpage)
Folk/World (Neo-Folk, Folk Metal and other Medievalish/Reniasance sounding stuff)
The Soil Bleeds Black
All My Faith Lost
Echoes of Eternity
Visions Of Atlantis
And a few I don't have links for (may or may not have web pages or myspace samples)
3rd and the Mortal
Angels of Venice
Arise From Thorns
The Ink Spots
Storm (Folk metal band that only released one album, hard to find)
Thread: Share your favorite Music
02-18-2008, 01:48 PM #51
03-07-2008, 04:29 AM #52ByMySwordGuest
Ok, so someone probably already made this post but I'm not going to look through it to find out. What I want from every one is their favorite music genres, bands, solo artists, and your favorite song from each. Please.
Genres- In order of most fav to least fav
1. Metal- all kinds
2. Psychadelic Rock
3. Progressive Rock
4. Classical-all kinds
7. New Age
8. Country- Alternative, Outlaw, Classic
9. Pop rock
10. Jazz- Big Brass Bands
11. Rap- Gangsta and 80s Rap
1. Rush- The Witch Hunt
2. Black Sabbath- Symptom of the Universe
3. The Doors- Soft Parade
4. Saviour Machine- Carnival of Souls
5. The Moody Blues- Nights in White Satin
6. Demons and Wizards- Love's Tragedy Asunder
7. Rammstein- Spieluhr
8. E Nomine- Vater Unser
9. Virgin Black- Museum of Iscariot
10. Blind Guardian- Don't Talk to Strangers (cover of Dio)
11. Tenacious D- Kielbasa Sausage
12. Simon and Garfunkel- Scarborough Fair
13. LORDI- It Snows in Hell
14. The Beatles- While My Guitar Gently Weeps
15. Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark
16. Gwar- Immortal Corrupter
1. Ozzy Osbourne- Bark at the Moon
2. Dwight Yoakum- Long White Cadillac
3. Johnny Cash- Get A Rhythm
4. John Denver- Leaving on A Jet Plane
5. Christopher Cross- Ride Like the Wind
7. Enya - Fallen Embers
Hmmm...Well that's the best I can do for 3:30 in the morning.
Last edited by ByMySword; 03-07-2008 at 08:40 AM.
03-07-2008, 04:45 AM #53
lol. go sleep, you bunny baby.
Favourite elfin songs. I do not quite care about the genre or what it belongs to. I hate having to classify things. I just like what i like. So:
Def Leppard: love bites.
Astrud Gilberto: The shadow of your smile.
Dusty Springfield: Windmills of your mind.
Pink Floyd: Just another brick in the wall; High Hopes (esp this)
Dalida: la fleurs du temps
The jazz singers: Ella Fitzgerald and all of them.
Besame mucho. Done in a bossa nova.
Sway! the Buble version; as well as the original.
This Masquerade: by Karen Carpenter (her voice is so warm and so sad). As well, when my former jazz band did it. They did it bossa to rock. It was damn freaking cool. And my lead singer had a voice to die for; old beyond her years.
Elvis Presley on Love me tender and Are You Lonesome Tonight. You can melt into a puddle of chocolate on that. Pure voice and guitar alone.
El Divo: Regresa mi (unbreak my heart.); una noche.
Classical: chopin: fantasie impromptu and the nocturne in C# minor.
Albinoni's Adagio in G minor.
Metallica: Nothing Else Matters. That's a love song for ya.
Kate Bush and Nick Cave: Where the wild roses grow. A sepulchral murder-love ballad if there ever was one.
that's abt it for the moment from my sleep addled mind.You gave me hyacinths first a year ago;
They called me the hyacinth girl.
Yet when we came back, late, from the Hyacinth garden,
Your arms full, and your hair wet, I could not
Speak, and my eyes failed, I was neither
Living nor dead, and I knew nothing,
Looking into the heart of light, the silence.
--T.S Eliot, The Wasteland
03-07-2008, 05:40 AM #54
Genres (a lot of these seem to overlap):
1. Blues/blues rock
2. 60s soul
3. Hard guitar rock/lighter metal
4. Glam rock/glitter rock
5. Southern rock
7. Progressive rock
1. The White Stripes - "Dead Leaves And The Dirty Ground"
2. U2 - "Mysterious Ways"
3. The Rolling Stones - "Brown Sugar"
4. Foo Fighters - "All My Life"
5. Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band - "Born To Run"
6. The Black Crowes - "Remedy"
7. Guns 'N Roses - "Locomotive"
8. Tsar - "Kathy Fong Is The Bomb"
9. Muse - "Hysteria"
10. The Police - "Demolition Man"
11. Rush - "Dreamline"
12. Def Leppard - "Photograph" (shut up)
13. Faith No More - "Be Aggressive"
14. Metallica - "For Whom The Bell Tolls"
15. Jellyfish - "Baby's Coming Back"
1. Prince - "U Got The Look"
2. Marvin Gaye - "It Takes Two"
3. Otis Redding - "I've Been Loving You Too Long"
4. Elvis Presley - "Burning Love"
5. David Bowie - "Heroes"
6. James Brown - "Papa's Got A Brand New Bag"
7. Stevie Ray Vaughan - "Pride And Joy"
8. Matthew Sweet - "Girlfriend"
9. Jeff Buckley - "Last Goodbye"
10. Ray Charles - "What'd I Say"
03-07-2008, 08:27 AM #55
Falcarius only thinks there is three genres of music; Good music, shit music, and music he dose not understand but he respects.
1. Belle And Sebastian - "Is It Wicked Not To Care?"( That song made me fall in love with Isobel Campbell. Her sexy voice = )
2. The Smashing Pumpkins- "Disarm"
3. Animal Collective – "For Reverend Green"
4. Sigur Ros- "Hoppipolla"
5. Calexico – "All Systems Red"
6. The Decemberists- "Here I Dreamt I Was an Architect"
7. Neutral Milk Hotel- "Holland, 1945"
8. Manic Street Preachers- "A Design For Life"
9. The Postal Service - "Sleeping In"
10. Hüsker Dü - "Hardly Getting Over It"
11. My Bloody Valentine - " Only shallow"
12. Joy division - "love will tear us apart "
13. The Velvet Underground - "Femme Fatale"
14. Talking Heads - "Don't Worry About The Government"
15. The Flaming Lips - "Do You Realize??"
1. Bob Dylan - "It Ain't Me Babe"
2. Phil Ochs - "Outside of a Small Circle of Friends"
3. Jonathan Richman - "Roadrunner"
4. Bruce Springsteen - "Born to run
5. Jeff Buckley - "Mojo Pin"
6. Nick Drake - "Parasite"
7. Paul Simon - "You Can Call Me Al"
8. Iggy Pop - "Success"
9. Leonard Cohen - "So Long, Marianne"
10. Cat Stevens - "Don't be shy"
11. Elliott Smith - "Pretty Mary K"
03-07-2008, 08:46 AM #56
- Join Date
- Apr 2007
Genres: Metal, Shred, Hard Rock, Blues, Jazz, Classical, Goa trance
Bands: Metallica, Sepultura, Megadeth, Slayer, Testament, Death, Dark Tranquility, Meshuggah, Ministry, Dry Kill Logic, Symphony X, Dream Theater, Guns N' Roses, Velvet Revolver, Slash's Snakepit, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Rage Against the Machine, NOFX
Solo Artists: Satriani, Vai, Malmsteen, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Paul Gilbert, Marty Friedman
For the moment, I'm big on Dry Kill Logic and Ministry.
03-09-2008, 11:19 PM #57
Everything is not in any order, as what my favorite is pretty much depends on what I feel like listening to that day.
3. Classic/Hard/Southern rock
Bands/Solo Artists: (By no means all of what I like, but listing 100+ bands would probably get on your nerves).
1. Alice In Chains-Rotten Apple
5. Guns N' Roses-Welcome To The Jungle
6. Brand New Sin-Days Are Numbered
7. Bruce Springsteen-Kitty's Back
9. Iron Maiden-Charlotte the Harlot
10. Korn-Did My Time
11. Lynyrd Skynyrd-Workin For MCA
12. Megadeth-Peace Sells
13. Metallica-Metal Militia
14. Rage Against the Machine-Township Rebellion
15. Jerry Cantrell-Angel Eyes
16. Billy Joel-We Didn't Start the Fire
17. AC/DC-It's a Long Way to the Top
18. Hellyeah-Rotten to the CoreI-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%
03-10-2008, 01:24 AM #58
Folk (and many sub genres)
Celtic (and many sub genres)
And pretty much any combination of the above (folk rock/metal, celtic rock/metal etc)
After Forever - Energize Me
Angtoria - Confide In Me
Autumn Tears - The Eloquent Sleep
Beseech - Lost
Blackmore's Night - Where Are We Going From Here
Chamber - The Paper-Hearted Ghost
Cruachan - Ossian's Return
Delain - See me in Shadow
Demons and Wizards - Spatial Architects
Draconian - Daylight Misery
Echos of Eternity - Lost Beneath a Silent Sky
Elis - How Long
Epica - Mother of Light
Faun - Egil Saga
Gamma Ray - The Heart of the Unicorn
Hagalaz' Runedance - Where the Lonely Souls Go
Imperia - Facing Reality
Inkubus Sukkubus - Craft of the Wise
Iron Maiden - Paschendale
Korpiklaani - Beer Beer
Krypteria - Somebody Save Me
L'Ame Immortelle- Figure In the Mirror
Gah! it truncated my post, I'll update/finish it later/eventually
(my music collection is fairly disorganized, so its not as simple as going through it one artist at a time)...
Last edited by TenebrousReflection; 03-11-2008 at 12:28 AM.
03-10-2008, 07:00 AM #59
Merged and moved to A&E.Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
Social Penetration Theory 1
Social Penetration Theory 2
Social Penetration Theory 3
03-21-2008, 05:18 AM #60
My favorite track is Zeldas Lullaby.
These are my Golden Three. Please Download!
Nina Symone- Sinnerman (Thomas Crown Affair Soundtrack) 5:29
DragonForce- Lost Souls in Endless Time
Tunng- The Pioneers (NF's will masturbate to this)Music Virtuoso/INTP/Apple User.
By Mace in forum Arts & EntertainmentReplies: 442Last Post: 03-01-2017, 09:14 PM
By Serendipity in forum The BonfireReplies: 7Last Post: 02-17-2017, 08:45 AM
By Little_Sticks in forum The BonfireReplies: 16Last Post: 01-06-2015, 03:20 AM
By Robopop in forum Arts & EntertainmentReplies: 7Last Post: 11-12-2010, 10:19 PM
By miss fortune in forum Arts & EntertainmentReplies: 12Last Post: 04-19-2008, 11:19 PM