User Tag List

Page 2 of 132 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 1316

Thread: Share your favorite Music

  1. #11
    Scream down the boulevard Array LadyJaye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I'm a punk-rock/new wave/rockabilly kind of girl which means I like a little of everything really. ha ha!

    new:Gary Allan, Dwight Yoakim, Reba McEntire, Type O Negative, the Living End (for those who like Green Day), Spiderbait, the Infrareds, Prodigy, the Freestylers, the Gipsy Kings

    relatively old school: u2, the Clash, Echo and the Bunnymen, the Jesus and Mary Chain, the Spoons, David Bowie, the Pistols, Brian Setzer, Fleetwood Mac, ZZTop, the Pretenders, Duran Duran, Billy Idol, Joan Jett, Lita Ford, Run DMC, the Misfits, ELO, Olivia Newton-John, the Psychedelic Furs, Siouxsie and the Banshees, the Cure, Depeche Mode, Aaron Copland, Lynyrd Skynryd

    way old school: Bill Haley, Elvis Presley, Ricky Nelson, Etta James, my man Eddie Cochran , Gene Vincent, Waylon Jennings, Roy Orbison, Johnny Cash

    super-duper way old school: Benny Goodman, Artie Shaw, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Louis Armstrong, big band, western swing, Tin Pan Alley stuff like the Gershwins and Johnny Mercer

    hangin' with the dinosaurs old : Dvorak, Debussey, Vivaldi, Saint-Saens, Bach (not so much Beethoven as I find his stuff "note-y" or Mozart, who's just a bit of a musical spazz)


    Excellent. As your twin, I approve of this list ( as it is also my taste), and usurp it for myself! AHA! Now I don't have to bother typing my own.

    Clever me.

  2. #12
    scourge Array miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    19,536

    Default

    forgot Fats Waller with your super-duper way old school!

    anyone who's kidnapped by Al Capone to play at his b-day party has my vote!
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

  3. #13
    Scream down the boulevard Array LadyJaye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Posts
    2,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    forgot Fats Waller with your super-duper way old school!

    anyone who's kidnapped by Al Capone to play at his b-day party has my vote!
    NO WAY! That would be terrifying, and awesome all at the same time.

    I have some Fats Waller, actually. And again, this is why we shall never divorce.

    :X

  4. #14
    scourge Array miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    esTP
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    19,536

    Default

    ooohh... we could have an Elvis impersonator sing Fats Waller's "ain't misbehavin' " at the reception!

    never, ever divorce my dear good music taste laden wifey!
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

  5. #15
    The Black Knight Array Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,447

    Default

    I'm going to be the happiest SIL ever! *beams* *hugs Elvis* *runs from Al Capone*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  6. #16
    Senior Member Array FallsPioneer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    260

    Default

    I'm obsessed with Interpol, and you should check them out--listen to either Turn On The Bright Lights or Our Love To Admire first if we're talking albums. Interpol is somewhat difficult to get into, especially if you start with Turn On The Bright Lights, but give them time and you'll turn around.You can check out some of Interpol's Our Love stuff on MySpace. The Heinrich Maneuver, Mammoth, No I In Threesome, and Pioneer To The Falls are all good samplings, with the last two being the better ones.

    My tastes vary over various kinds of indie/alternative stuff: The Secret Machines, Jimmy Eat World, At The Drive-In, Sparta, Mew, The Dillinger Escape Plan, August Burns Red, From Autumn To Ashes, Chevelle, Vaux, As Tall As Lions, Wilco, Sigur Ros, Fugazi, Belle & Sebastian, Arcade Fire, Keane, and Explosions In The Sky.
    Still using a needle to break apart a grain of sand.

  7. #17
    Junior Member Array heykitten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I just used my Christmas iTunes! Here's what I bought:

    The new Radiohead SUCK IT FMWARNER
    Manu Chao, La Radiolina (nice, but I like his older stuff better I think)
    Dire Straights self-titled (pre-Money for Nothing, nice bluesy feel)
    Spoon, Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
    Mastodon, Leviathan
    LCD Sound System, Sound of Silver
    Modest Mouse, We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank
    RAWR. I dig your playlist, lady.

    The Clientele, The Concretes, Death Cab, Arcade Fire, Stars, Feist, The Brunettes, of Montreal, PJ Harvey, Luna, Emily Haines & The Soft Skeleton, Metic, Rilo Kiley, Broken Social Scene, Joanna Newsom, LCD Soundsystem, Panda Bear, Andrew Bird etc have all been on heavy rotation lately.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Array swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FallsPioneer View Post
    I'm obsessed with Interpol, and you should check them out--listen to either Turn On The Bright Lights or Our Love To Admire first if we're talking albums. Interpol is somewhat difficult to get into, especially if you start with Turn On The Bright Lights, but give them time and you'll turn around.You can check out some of Interpol's Our Love stuff on MySpace. The Heinrich Maneuver, Mammoth, No I In Threesome, and Pioneer To The Falls are all good samplings, with the last two being the better ones.

    My tastes vary over various kinds of indie/alternative stuff: The Secret Machines, Jimmy Eat World, At The Drive-In, Sparta, Mew, The Dillinger Escape Plan, August Burns Red, From Autumn To Ashes, Chevelle, Vaux, As Tall As Lions, Wilco, Sigur Ros, Fugazi, Belle & Sebastian, Arcade Fire, Keane, and Explosions In The Sky.
    Pretty good list there, as well.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Array swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I just used my Christmas iTunes! Here's what I bought:

    The new Radiohead SUCK IT FMWARNER
    Manu Chao, La Radiolina (nice, but I like his older stuff better I think)
    Dire Straights self-titled (pre-Money for Nothing, nice bluesy feel)
    Spoon, Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
    Mastodon, Leviathan
    LCD Sound System, Sound of Silver
    Modest Mouse, We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank
    That Mastodon album rules.

    'Iron Tusk'

  10. #20
    Strongly Ambivalent Array Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    That Mastodon album rules.

    'Iron Tusk'
    that's my favorite too!!!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Similar Threads

  1. Share your favorite videogame themes
    By Mace in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 435
    Last Post: 07-07-2015, 03:10 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-06-2015, 03:20 AM
  3. One of your many favorite TED talks! Share!
    By Serendipity in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 06:49 PM
  4. Share your favorite playlists
    By Robopop in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 10:19 PM
  5. share your favorite short stories!
    By miss fortune in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-19-2008, 11:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO