User Tag List

Thread: The Road

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default The Road

Anyone seen it?

it's a 2009 post-apocalyptic drama/horror starring that dude who played Aragorn from LotR.

It's nearing midnight and I'm sitting in my basement, alone, and I decided to order it on pay-perview thinking it'd be an interesting drama/horror.

Little did I know I could only make it through the first half hour before I decided to save the rest for sunlit hours. It's an extremely bothersome film filmed with cannibalism and the tug of war between survival and suicide.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Yes, Its an awesome movie! It kinda explains why I dont want to have kids. Have you seen Book of Eligh yet?
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    Yes, Its an awesome movie! It kinda explains why I dont want to have kids. Have you seen Book of Eligh yet?
    Yeah, that's the only reason he wasn't in a gang of scavengers. I thought about it and the whole movie is about the son..
    No, but it's on my list of movies to watch..
    and funnily enough, some people on youtube were talking about how the Book of Eli is a perfect sequal to The Road.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ISTx

I read the book but have yet to watch the film.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    I read the book but have yet to watch the film.
    In general, is the book any good? or should I ask..how good is the book?

Yea, Book of Eli is pretty damn cool man, watch it for sure . It’s more about religion and power, but there are cannibals in the movie as well.

Anyway about "the Road", could you imagine raising a kid in that kind of world . F*ck that right!!!
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    In general, is the book any good? or should I ask..how good is the book?
    It's alright... I'm not avid reader though. I found it to be kind of slow-moving.

I have read The Road. Someone gave me the book to read while I went on vacation to the seaside, and I had no idea about it. So, I remember the strangeness of being in the loveliest setting reading this nightmarish post-apocalyptic dystopia. Just be ready for that before you read it. It drags you very very far down to deliver its message. I have no ambition to see the film.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I have read The Road. Someone gave me the book to read while I went on vacation to the seaside, and I had no idea about it. So, I remember the strangeness of being in the loveliest setting reading this nightmarish post-apocalyptic dystopia. Just be ready for that before you read it. It drags you very very far down to deliver its message. I have no ambition to see the film.
    don't see the film.. please don't.