User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 132

Thread: Inception

  1. #51

    Default

    I love the Greek reference with Ariadne and the Labyrinth! Wikipedia her name
    Call me Visa, please!
    visakanv.com
    visaisahero.tumblr.com

  2. #52
    Senior Member gigi_xo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    new typology test:

    Did you like Inception?

    If you "ABSOLUTELY HATED IT":
    SJ

    If you could "take it or leave it":
    SP

    If you "generally liked it":
    NP

    If you REALLY LOVED IT:
    NJ

    This has been true for about 95% of the people I have talked to about the film. Hearing the SJ reaction to this film is HILARIOUS. Most of them just complain about some stupid "tree" and fail to see "the forest". I normally dont type hate, but this film has brought it out in me .
    ahahaha

    I generally liked it
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

    Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%


    3w4

  3. #53
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    I was talking to someone about the dreams that Nolan portrays and I came to the fact that when you dream you don't dream in cartoonish colors (most of the time) so why should they look any different in a movie, these are real people too.

  4. #54
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Saw this last night. The first time I watch a Nolan movie is never my favorite because it leaves a lot of questions, but this movie was quite a feat. Depending on what movies come out in the near future....this guy deserves an Oscar for this. This movie only makes it clearer that this guy is an INTJ too.

    I won't discuss the plot because I still have a few things I need to figure out to make sure I got everything right.

    I'm sad Hans Zimmer was Nolan's option for this movie (just as I was in the Batman movies), but I guess it makes some sense since it's a BIG and action-y movie. The music was the element I least liked...and those build ups near the end....it was too constant...the music.


    I left the room with a very palpable sense of awe and like the world around me didn't feel as real. Tough to explain without sounding silly but suffice it to say.......I don't even want to imagine anyone watching this movie while on LSD. 100% guaranteed schizophrenia. Seriously.





    As for the typing of the characters...even though I only watched it once these would be my thoughts :

    Cobb (Dicaprio): ENTJ...I can't quite agree with ESTP
    Arthur (Lovett): ISTJ
    Ariadne (Page): Ariadne doesn't sound too much of an INTP considering the nature of her dialogues with Cobb. Apart from that, I could see her as an INTP...but she can't be inferior Fe. I might agree more with INFJ.
    Eames: ENTP
    Saito: ENTJ
    Robert Fischer Jr: ISFP
    Mal: ENFP
    Yusuf: INTP

  5. #55
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Really? Didn't like the music? I've been pumping the soundtrack at work, car, home since I saw the movie. Loved the music in this film bigtime. I absolutely love the horn blasts.



  6. #56
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Really? Didn't like the music? I've been pumping the soundtrack at work, car, home since I saw the movie. Loved the music in this film bigtime. I absolutely love the horn blasts.
    I like some of the sound effecty ambience like the horns yeah....but otherwise too pompous....How I miss David Julyan from Following, Memento, Insomnia and Prestige I mean it's not terrible soundtrack....but it's too "summer blockbuster" or "epic movie" flavored....


    EDIT: To be perfectly honest I'm biased because I loved David Julyan and I found Hans Zimmer's brand of music the symbol of popcorn flashy cinema and lack of originality. But yeah if I impartially evaluate the score there is a lot of stuff there that I like.

  7. #57
    Senior Member Synapse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4
    Socionics
    INFp
    Posts
    3,403

    Default

    a dream within a dream within a dream. its a good film to experience that's to be true.

    yet, i wrote lots about it yesterday why i was perplexed by the film, felt unsatisfying. the sequences and layers were fine as was the premise however i wanted more than what was shown. i hope the adjustment bureau will thrill me more than inception. i liked the cast and the whole scenario was fantastic for sure. i understood what was going on with the ideas and the direction of the film. locking away memory only to let it go in the face of maturity, sounds familiar.

  8. #58
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I like some of the sound effecty ambience like the horns yeah....but otherwise too pompous....How I miss David Julyan from Following, Memento, Insomnia and Prestige I mean it's not terrible soundtrack....but it's too "summer blockbuster" or "epic movie" flavored....
    That's because it was a summer blockbuster and had the budget to match. I wouldn't be surprised if the studio insisted on it as part of their formula.

    BTW, I really love Julyan. He knows how to create ambiance and mood. His score for The Descent was awesome too. But I think Zimmer's pretty talented, he's extremely versatile in the many many styles he's managed to use in his work over his career, sometimes even taking the unexpected approach for a film (MI2, for example). I've also found him insightful in the interviews I've seen him in. Honestly, Julyan's scores are the ones that are all similar, while Zimmer's been all over the place in what approaches he's used.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  9. #59
    insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    new typology test:

    Did you like Inception?

    If you "ABSOLUTELY HATED IT":
    SJ

    If you could "take it or leave it":
    SP

    If you "generally liked it":
    NP

    If you REALLY LOVED IT:
    NJ

    This has been true for about 95% of the people I have talked to about the film. Hearing the SJ reaction to this film is HILARIOUS. Most of them just complain about some stupid "tree" and fail to see "the forest". I normally dont type hate, but this film has brought it out in me .
    I really, really loved it and so did everyone I was with (actually there was an SJ, an NJ another SP and an NP so we covered all your bases )

    Might be my new favourite movie, actually. I LOVED that it had an interesting concept which was explained up front so you didn't have to piece it together, then you could think about it throughout the film.

    I really don't get the critics saying it's too intellectual and confusing. If anything it was on the overexplained side, there was really only one "idea" and not even a very complex one - but that let you think about the intricate storyline instead of trying to grasp concepts.

    You had to know it was fantasy and not get too wound up in the mechanics of how it could work (shared dreaming would be...implausible obviously) but it was brilliantly done. I didn't need the mechanical explanations to enjoy the movie.

    edit: as far as typing, I would say cobb strikes me as estp or perhaps istp, ariadne is intj or perhaps infj. Mol was just an irrational, one-dimensional shadow so not very typable, and the other characters weren't really focused on enough for me to feel anything about their type.
    -end of thread-

  10. #60
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's because it was a summer blockbuster and had the budget to match. I wouldn't be surprised if the studio insisted on it as part of their formula.

    BTW, I really love Julyan. He knows how to create ambiance and mood. His score for The Descent was awesome too. But I think Zimmer's pretty talented, he's extremely versatile in the many many styles he's managed to use in his work over his career, sometimes even taking the unexpected approach for a film (MI2, for example). I've also found him insightful in the interviews I've seen him in. Honestly, Julyan's scores are the ones that are all similar, while Zimmer's been all over the place in what approaches he's used.
    I can see what you are saying, but Zimmer scores have no soul whereas Julyan's have plenty. Julyan's scores are different, they are just trying to convey a different kind of mood. Zimmer has three tracks in the soundtrack that I really like, but the rest I could have heard in any other of his movies.

Similar Threads

  1. Inception
    By funtensity in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-11-2013, 05:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO