User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Thread: Inception

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

better late than never.....

I really enjoyed this movie the end gave me goosebumps My thoughts on the ending are mixed, we never see the top drop, it sounds like it's gonna but it doesn't

so what if Mal was right? what if she was the reality, and she was the one going back to get Cobb? It could be that we were in Cobb's dream the whole time, and that Mal jumped to return to her kids. Did you notice the kids were in the same place as they were when he thought of them, dreamed of them. Did you notice the voice calling the kids before he saw them? Did you notice that he had been gone a long time yet the kids didn't age? Another thing that struck me was when Cobb was telling of the night he lost his wife, after they girl had seen the room, when she walked in she stepped exactly where Cobb had stepped when he retells it.
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Inception was just "k". I finally watched it last night after all the hype and I guess the hype could be why I was somewhat disapointed.

I find it interesting, however, that the people who liked inception accuse the people who didn't like it of being slow or not catching on to its complexity.... meanwhile the people who didnt like inception accuse the people who did like it of being of being too easily fascinated by pretty simple concepts.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Cobb was ISTP, Mal was INTJ with out of control Fi.

Fischer Jr. seemed INFP.

everything else looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    Inception was just "k". I finally watched it last night after all the hype and I guess the hype could be why I was somewhat disapointed.

I find it interesting, however, that the people who liked inception accuse the people who didn't like it of being slow or not catching on to its complexity.... meanwhile the people who didnt like inception accuse the people who did like it of being of being too easily fascinated by pretty simple concepts.
    I liked it and my criticism of those who didn't is more your failure to appreciate the value in relative simplicity. It wasn't a very complex idea; it was just well-executed.

Simplicity is the heart of brilliance.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JustHer View Post
    I don't see this happening, here or elsewhere.

I have seen negative reviews saying "it's too complicated. waaa!". I really liked it and didn't think it was complex because it was really just one idea! and heavily explained at that. I can see how some people might be bored by that if they didn't like the idea but it was a cool enough idea for me, to carry the plot. I don't have an explanation, personal or otherwise, for why others liked/didn't like it because I don't really care - pretty much no movies are unviersally liked.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I don't see this happening, here or elsewhere.
    Yeah, I didn't see this either, even after looking through all the top 5-6 pages of Google hits about the movie a month ago.

Mostly the complaints I saw about the movie involved, "It was too cold; not enough human drama / the characters weren't fleshed out enough" or "There were plot holes that ruined the movie for me."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    intj

Has anyone done the enneagram for the characters?

^I only finally got around to watching it, but I'd say Cobb was 5w6, Mal was a 1w9.. Maybe a 4, if you think her hangups were strictly romantic.

I don't know if the movie was intended to be a loose metaphor, but it's kind of screwing with me. Getting a bad idea out of your head is a hell of a thing.

MBTI
    ENTP

I think Inception and Black Swan will get most Oscars and Golden Globes.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Cobb was ISTP, Mal was INTJ with out of control Fi. Fischer Jr. seemed INFP
    Just curious how you were able to get these^

I think Cobb was an ENTP. He seemed very good at reading others (Ariadne) and given his line of work, he would need to be able to catch onto things fairly quickly and adapt to his situation. Especially given his nature to look for the "possibilities" in going deeper into the dream levels. Not to mention the Mr. Charles gambit cries ENTP to me...

As for my list:

Mal - INFP/ISFP - it is hard to tell since we rarely saw her without Cobb's interpretation of her; my guess would be INFP since she would be a better fit
    Arthur - ISTJ - Textbook!
    Ariadne - INFJ
    Eames - ENTP
    Yusef - INTJ
    Fischer - ISFJ - he rarely said anything profound and seemed to be just going through the motions
    Saito - INTJ

Banned

just saw this movie on my computer and loved it, heh, shoulda watched it in the theaters so i can discuss it with you peeps~

i'm dumb when it comes to typing characters, but everyone seems to agree that Eames is an ENTP. can anybody please explain how Eames is an ENTP? thanks