User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    IsTP

In the playoffs teams go 8-9 deep the most.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Well, I say that superstars make a huge difference but teams win championships. There are more than a few Football and Basketball teams over the years that have had great talent and did not win.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Yeah, I have no idea who will win the title next year. All I know is Miami is going to be a handful for the other 29 teams. I wish it weren't the case, but it is.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

The Bulls have now added Boozer, Korver, and Reddick. With each signing, they get better and better. I'm thinking they'll be one of the top 4 seeds in the East next year if everything gels.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Well, I say that superstars make a huge difference but teams win championships. There are more than a few Football and Basketball teams over the years that have had great talent and did not win.
    During the last 10 years, 8 teams have won the World Series in MLB. During the last 11 years, 8 teams have won the Superbowl in the NFL. In the last 30 years, 8 teams have won the Larry O'Brien trophy.

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    During the last 10 years, 8 teams have won the World Series in MLB. During the last 11 years, 8 teams have won the Superbowl in the NFL. In the last 30 years, 8 teams have won the Larry O'Brien trophy.
    But if you looked at the records, you can see that while maybe one or two championship wins is rather spread out over NBA teams, huge numbers of wins are concentrated just in the Lakers and the Celtics, and a very distant third and fourth place go to the Bulls and the Spurs.

Indeed, you can also see that there have been a lot of teams that had one or two great players on them, and didn't win anything the entire time. Like, wouldn't you know it, the Cavaliers! Michael Jordan's early-middle NBA days also make an interesting point. Before he was really backed up by good team mates, the Bulls could be defeated just by swarming Jordan every time he had the ball.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    But if you looked at the records, you can see that while maybe one or two championship wins is rather spread out over NBA teams, huge numbers of wins are concentrated just in the Lakers and the Celtics, and a very distant third and fourth place go to the Bulls and the Spurs.

Lakers, Bulls, Celtics, in that order, followed by the Spurs.

Indeed, you can also see that there have been a lot of teams that had one or two great players on them, and didn't win anything the entire time. Like, wouldn't you know it, the Cavaliers! Michael Jordan's early-middle NBA days also make an interesting point. Before he was really backed up by good team mates, the Bulls could be defeated just by swarming Jordan every time he had the ball.
    The litany of great players who never won because they didn't have the team mates to help them is ridiculous. I always mention that Nique retired #5 all time in scoring and never sniffed a ring, and is never mentioned when people talk the all time greats. That's why all the "Lebron will never be Jordan! Jordan would have never done this" is met by me with resounding "so what."

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    Lakers, Bulls, Celtics, in that order, followed by the Spurs.
    How did you come up with that order? Haven't the Celtics won far more titles than the Bulls?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    How did you come up with that order? Haven't the Celtics won far more titles than the Bulls?
    Yes, but he's probably using the 30 year window proposed a few posts up, in which the Bulls would be ahead.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Yes, but he's probably using the 30 year window proposed a few posts up, in which the Bulls would be ahead.

If we're talking alltime it's Celtics, Lakers, everyone else...