User Tag List

123 Last

Epiphany

Default The Scariest Movie of ALL TIME!

Is still The Exorcist. Even the opening scene creeps me out.

But I couldn't resist...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The book, and its sequel Legion, are also excellent.

However, I personally find serial killer/crazy man movies much more frightening...maybe it's because I'm female, and it's a more realistic fear than getting possessed by the devil.

Still, from a purely cinematic and psychological standpoint, The Exorcist makes Paranormal Activity look like a pile of steaming dog shit.

I HATE scary movies! I watched The 4th Kind the other night, and couldnt sleep at all. Kept thinking aliens were going to abduct me lol .

MBTI
    INXJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    Is still The Exorcist. Even the opening scene creeps me out.

But I couldn't resist...

I'd approve of this message is Paranormal Activity wasn't such a laughably bad movie.
    Johari/Nohari wall! Thanks in advance for filling it out.

"Taste. I have no taste. I don't like these tiny portions or your artful abortions of sound, sealed with a kiss, slathered in the sauce sarcastic. So go choke on your irony"
    ~
    "Life for you, has been less than kind
    So take a number, stand in line
    We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
    But how we survive, is what makes us who we are"

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    The book, and its sequel Legion, are also excellent.

However, I personally find serial killer/crazy man movies much more frightening...maybe it's because I'm female, and it's a more realistic fear than getting possessed by the devil.

Still, from a purely cinematic and psychological standpoint, The Exorcist makes Paranormal Activity look like a pile of steaming dog shit.
    I never saw the sequel. Serial killer movies are suspenseful and intriguing, but not scary to me. What is your favorite? I would have to rank Se7en up there.

I really enjoyed Paranormal Activity, but my virgin experience with it was tainted by a loud, obnoxious crowd who kept laughing to hide their fear.

Quote Originally Posted by yourfriendjaneen View Post
    I HATE scary movies! I watched The 4th Kind the other night, and couldnt sleep at all. Kept thinking aliens were going to abduct me lol .
    Interesting. Unless you are a hillbilly, I wouldn't worry about getting abducted.

Quote Originally Posted by Serge View Post
    I'd approve of this message is Paranormal Activity wasn't such a laughably bad movie.
    Blasphemy!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    I never saw the sequel. Serial killer movies are suspenseful and intriguing, but not scary to me. What is your favorite? I would have to rank Se7en up there.

I really enjoyed Paranormal Activity, but my virgin experience with it was tainted by a loud, obnoxious crowd who kept laughing to hide their fear.
    No, I mean for you to read the sequel. There is no sequel to the Exorcist film that comes close to it.

I think that the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Black Christmas are both pretty creepy to watch, as a girl alone in her apartment. Even Zodiac gave me the willies after it got dark that night despite its more dramatic tone, it is of course based upon a true story, which made me think about the reality of it and agggh...

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    No, I mean for you to read the sequel. There is no sequel to the Exorcist film that comes close to it.

I think that the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Black Christmas are both pretty creepy to watch, as a girl alone in her apartment. Even Zodiac gave me the willies after it got dark that night despite its more dramatic tone, it is of course based upon a true story, which made me think about the reality of it and agggh...
    Even though Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Psycho were partly based on Ed Gein, I don't recall a decent accurate portrayal of his life. That would make a great psychological thriller.

(I laughed hysterically the first time I saw this)
    [YOUTUBE="mlRK-DtcqC0"]Being A Detective Who Talks To Ghosts Not As Exciting As TV[/YOUTUBE]

Some are just jerks though...

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Silence of The Lambs still gives me the willies. I can't watch devil themed movies, either.

But overall, I agree, the psycho type movies are the worst. :horor:
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INXJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I LOVE horror movies, nothing scares me that much. Silence of the lamb was a pretty decent horror movie, so was exorcist. I like texas chainsaw massacre. I also deeply enjoyed Saw 1. Saw 1 was just an epic movie to me
    Johari/Nohari wall! Thanks in advance for filling it out.

"Taste. I have no taste. I don't like these tiny portions or your artful abortions of sound, sealed with a kiss, slathered in the sauce sarcastic. So go choke on your irony"
    ~
    "Life for you, has been less than kind
    So take a number, stand in line
    We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
    But how we survive, is what makes us who we are"

Epiphany

I don't like gory movies. They're not scary to me...just disgusting.