• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Totally Awesome Awful 80's Movies!!!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The granddaddy of them all:

topgun.jpg

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nah, apparently you're forgetting about Risky Business ^^^^

Has anyone mentioned Less Than Zero? Or Clue...that's my all-time favorite.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
ah St Elmo's fire, pure cheese but I loved it
Manequin love andrew McCarthy had that feed me thing about him
Terms of Indearment
Fame - the original
Grease
Nightmare on elm streets - freddies back
Omen
Texas chain saw massacer
Annie
An officer and a gentleman
Fredy bwelers day off (?sp)
Gohst busters

snuff for now

we should do this for music too... kid creole and the coconuts - oh annie i'm not your daddy

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
ah St Elmo's fire, pure cheese but I loved it
Manequin love andrew McCarthy had that feed me thing about him
Terms of Indearment
Fame - the original
Grease
Nightmare on elm streets - freddies back
Omen
Texas chain saw massacer
Annie
An officer and a gentleman
Fredy bwelers day off (?sp)
Gohst busters

snuff for now

I :heart: St.Elmo's Fire too!!!

You know, I totally made a thread about the old Nightmare on Elm Street...but ftr, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Omen are not only 70's films, but are considered to be great horror movies. I think the original Chainsaw is one of the scariest movies ever made.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Still the 80s were cheesy horror movies usually not to horrific, fair enough on the 70s bit, but they are hardly "good" horrors, although I find the genre a bit ridiculous, why would you entre a room without the lights on etc....

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Still the 80s were cheesy horror movies usually not to horrific, fair enough on the 70s bit, but they are hardly "good" horrors, although I find the genre a bit ridiculous, why would you entre a room without the lights on etc....

Well if you're a horror person, Omen and Chainsaw are considered "good" horror...so are The Exorcist, Rosemary's Baby, The Shining....bad horror is largely composed of 80's slasher flicks though, I agree...

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Loved Freddy, but then that was because he was misunderstood ;)

Ecorcist is good but really slow and is really of it's da. Rosemary's baby is just a bit dull to be honest. Loathed the shining,

The 80s did have a LOT of slasher movies

I never really got into the Friday 13th movie series....

Black Christmas was my all time fave (? 80s), because it has a creepy ending and doesn't conclude.

I was also big on Stephen King type stuff and books by James Hrbert, although I loved the Magic Cottage best - which is more creepy than true blue horror

The whole Porkeys series was awful

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Loved Freddy, but then that was because he was misunderstood ;)

Ecorcist is good but really slow and is really of it's da. Rosemary's baby is just a bit dull to be honest. Loathed the shining,

The 80s did have a LOT of slasher movies

I never really got into the Friday 13th movie series....

Black Christmas was my all time fave (? 80s), because it has a creepy ending and doesn't conclude.

I was also big on Stephen King type stuff and books by James Hrbert, although I loved the Magic Cottage best - which is more creepy than true blue horror

The whole Porkeys series was awful

How can anyone loathe The Shining???!!! :D

Yeah, Black Christmas is a scary old one ...I actually own that one on DVD....I read all of the Stephen King books growing up, and actually tend to think of them almost more as drama than horror. Brian De Palma's Carrie I think is one of the best film interpretations of a Stephen King novel. I'm a huge horror fan, though, so we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

Yeah...Porky's is so awful I can't even watch it...lol

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've been informed Black Christmas is a 70s movie too. Just thought the shining was obvious, lacked real suspence... is all....

but hey we can have different tastes

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've been informed Black Christmas is a 70s movie too. Just thought the shining was obvious, lacked real suspence... is all....

but hey we can have different tastes

I'm a really visual, atmosphere person when it comes to films...I even loved the recent Brideshead Revisited film because of the atmosphere, even though it got panned by critics because it isn't as true to the book as the early 80's BBC series...The Shining has so much atmosphere I could just watch it over and over again...

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Guy from a landlocked place moves to Hawaii and starts surfing, gets in trouble with a hawaiian surfer gang, falls in love with one of their sisters and learns how to surf good and then wins a competition.

Or something.

Edit: I found the name, it's called North Shore.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

I had to watch that for Film Appreciation in college...and I was like lolwut? but I suppose it demonstrates the Hollywood formula in the Sci-Fi genre