User Tag List

First 45678 Last

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

I amazed no one mentioned Space Balls and Leslie Nielsens Smoking Gun films.

And about Bladerunner, oh oh you didnt!!

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Krull
    The Running Man
    Twins
    Teen Witch
    The Gate
    Ghoulies
    Masters of the Universe
    Puppetmaster

..this could go on for ages
    I have some good ones for the 90's too, but those are the 90's.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

I can't think of any movies that I consciously know are bad but still like. I don't enjoy watching bad movies for camp value. I kinda wish I did since people have such fun with them. That said, here are some of my favorite 80s films that are very much of the 80s:

Sixteen Candles
    Adventures In Babysitting
    The Naked Gun (and 2)
    Airplane!
    Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    Gremlins
    Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
    Back To The Future
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Guy from a landlocked place moves to Hawaii and starts surfing, gets in trouble with a hawaiian surfer gang, falls in love with one of their sisters and learns how to surf good and then wins a competition.

Or something.

Edit: I found the name, it's called North Shore.
    I remember it..

All EXTREME movies like that were cool: RAD, Gleaming the Cube

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Not yet mentioned:

Bad Influence (James Spader, Rob Lowe- *think* that was 80s)
    Night of the Comet
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

there was a funny patrick dempsey movie i liked called lover boy ("extra anchovies")

who's harry crumb?

airplane still cracks me up

and vampire's kiss.. actually one of the most depressing movies i've ever seen. yet funny

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Um, not really. It's like the fact that there are common archetypes and symbols in literature. There are patterns in the human mind, and it's pretty bizarre for an Ne dom to deny that. People are pretty predictable. I mean, it's why MBTI works.
    I wasn't saying there are no patterns. You're not getting my point.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I was a literature major in college, I understand character development on a very detailed level, and what you're saying is an overgeneralization of horror. Stephen King and Edgar Allan Poe are actually considered both masters of horror and story-telling. The actual novels upon which The Exorcist and Legion are based are great works. It actually appears that you don't have a broad study of horror, which is not surprising for someone who hates it as much as you do.
    I don't care which novel they were based on. News flash, a lot of shitty movies out there are poor renditions of good books. I don't have a broad study of horror no. All I know is that I didnd't watch the Exorcist for the way the characters interacted. I think the very concept of horror, the fact you must be focused on creating fear is going to take your mind away from the character. Even the range of the characters is severly limited. I mean, they are facing extreme conditions, so they are often wearing their superficial "survival" faces most of the time.

I wouldn't consider most movies based on Stepehn King, horror per se, more like thrillers. But fair enough, if you consider a movie like The Thing a horror movie, then I can say I can like horror movies too.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    there was a funny patrick dempsey movie i liked called lover boy ("extra anchovies")
    Oh, missed that one... but I liked "Can't Buy Me Love"!

And National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by slowriot View Post
    I amazed no one mentioned Space Balls and Leslie Nielsens Smoking Gun films.
    Spaceballs sucked.
    (except for Rick Moranis playing with his action figures)

But Smoking Gun was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Remember Jeff Goldblum and Geena Davis in The Fly?
    I didn't mention that movie only because it was a horror movie, not a comedy/drama.
    For what it is, it's pretty good, actually. Creepy as hell, Goldblum played the part well as as the INT manic, transforming doc. I never forgot him breaking the guy's arm in the bar, or him falling to pieces in the bathroom.

Even The Fly II had its redeeming qualities, although the tone was much different and I thought it a bit cheesier. Still, Eric Stoltz was sympathetic as a protagonist.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I didn't mention that movie only because it was a horror movie, not a comedy/drama.
    For what it is, it's pretty good, actually. Creepy as hell, Goldblum played the part well as as the INT manic, transforming doc. I never forgot him breaking the guy's arm in the bar, or him falling to pieces in the bathroom.
    Having just re-watched it last week on my computer (Thank you, NetFlix!), I was amazed at the economy of the film. Apart from a handful of scenes, the entire film takes place in Seth Brundle's warehouse laboratory/apartment. The mockup of the computer console, telepods, and cabling was probably the single major expense in the sets, and that could be knocked together today for under $10,000... peanuts by filmmaking standards. The animatronic Brundle-Fly in its last two stages probably was the other major expense of the film, but still... I think if you had a talented make-up guy, you could shoot that script today for under ten million.

That was Jeff Goldblum's debut movie in a starring role, and it was considered a masterful performance.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Film highlight: Dan Aykroyd's character's nose looks like a d*ck. In otherwords less awesome and more awfull.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"