User Tag List

123 Last

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default What kind of fiction do you like?

I start seeing lots of differences between other people's taste in fiction. Some of them claim that only realistic fiction is good, but I have seen many absurdistic story turn into classics. I prefer absurdistic stories myself too. Stories that include things that can happen to anyone, are a bit boring to me. On the other hand I also don't really like absolute fantasy stories. I like stories with strange situations that happen in the everyday world. My grandmother on the other had only likes stories "that can happen to anyone", my other grandmother only likes stories with lots of action and romance and my mother likes everything except cancer books/movies.

Now I wonder if these preferences could be type related. Is it a coincidence that most of the Twilightfans I know are INs or is it very normal that all SJs I know only seem to like realistic, almost everyday stories? What kind of stories (books, movies, etc) do you like most?
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

One favorite style of mine is Lovecraftian. I love the dark, eerie atmosphere in works of that ilk. The sense that mankind is so small, and that the more powerful elements of macrocosm are nearly forgotten, keeps me coming back.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    STFU

i like everything kurt vonnegut and the book geek love by katherine dunn.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I'm a fan of satire and dystopia. I also like absurdist or existentialist stuff.

Classics, science fiction, and sometimes fantasy. I love dystopias, survival stories, tragedies, epic adventures, and inspiring stories. I prefer hard science fiction over soft science fiction. For movies, dramas are probably my favorites. I also love thrillers, especially psychological thrillers. I've never tried to read a thriller, though. I also really love stories that take place over a very long period of time, like a person's entire life.

Sometimes fantasy can go too far, but as far as realism is concerned, I don't have a problem with it. The characters' plights, challenges, feelings, and relationships are still realistic and possible in the real world.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I like near-future stuff. I also like very psychologically driven writing like Milan Kundera, and stuff that flows well like Faulkner and Cormac McCarthy- although I think CC's view of humanity is too dark and therefore unrealistic.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I like magic realism the best. I especially like the books of Gabriel Garcia Marquez and Isabel Allende.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

I enjoy a bit of sci-fi/fantasy mixing, such as shadowrun. Realistic fiction, such as Babylon 5, can be amazing, but only if done well... most writers of 'realistic fiction' suck bad, they're far too bland usually.

Altered reality, or things which "COULD" happen are the most interesting, even if they may be a bit unlikely.

Shadowrun is generally my favorite universe though for fiction though, just so much potential in it ^^

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Fantasy.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Interesting, a bit what I expected. Just wish we had some examples of Sensor fiction taste.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.