User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

I'll read anything I can get my hands on. I read all the labels on the products I buy when I'm bored.

Seriously, though, I'd say I enjoy science fiction and steampunk the most, followed by historical dramas. I'm an avid reader of fantasy books, everything from high to urban (most recent read in this category is The Demon's Covenant, which I finished today - I'm not particularly satisfied, but the first part was good so I'll reserve my judgement until the third and final book is out). I enjoy realism as well, from time to time, although it does tend to depress me somewhat - I prefer to dream about what people could do, as opposed to what they actually do. I get enough of realism as it is.
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    Interesting, a bit what I expected. Just wish we had some examples of Sensor fiction taste.
    Yeah, wish there were threads like that. (Sure there are more.)

[soft] science fiction, fantasy-adventure, futuristic dystopias, and alternative history. Sometimes I like hard scifi, but that's usually when in film.
    I really loved Victor Hugo's Notre-Dame de Paris and wouldn't mind other romance/drama books like it, but as an entire genre, not too inclined.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Historical Fiction is by far my favourite Genre. Especially the Aubrey/Maturin novels by the Wonderful Patrick O'Brian.

I also really like Contenporary Fiction, with Ian Banks being a favourite author, along with Irvine Welsh.

I like to read some Childrens Lit as well, not really sure why, but I think it cones from my love of Alices Adventures in Wonderland.

Anything that grabs my attention and holds it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Fantasy tops the list for me. I prefer it with a gritty edge, a la George R. R. Martin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    Now I wonder if these preferences could be type related. Is it a coincidence that most of the Twilightfans I know are INs
    Shit-tons of SJs go nuts for Twilight. It's actually a very conventional storyline all the way around.
    83% I 70% N 64% T 73% P | 5w4 sp/so/sx | Chaotic Good

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I'll read and enjoy a book from almost any genre, although I avoid Science Fiction and High Fantasy. The reason I avoid Science Fiction is because most of it places too much emphasis on technology and setting, at the cost of individual character development. The reason I avoid High Fantasy is because I read the Lord of the Rings once, and I don't need to read it fifty more times; also, High Fantasy places too much emphasis on imaginary beings and made-up spells that don't in any way touch on the real human condition, or if they do, it's just to repeat a common cliche like "Good conquers evil" or "Love always prevails."
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    The reason I avoid High Fantasy is because I read the Lord of the Rings once, and I don't need to read it fifty more times; also, High Fantasy places too much emphasis on imaginary beings and made-up spells that don't in any way touch on the real human condition, or if they do, it's just to repeat a common cliche like "Good conquers evil" or "Love always prevails."
    Before you give up on fantasy completely, you might want to give this a try.

These books have dragons, wights, giants and other staples of high fantasy...but the stories are all about the people, with very few of the common fantasy clichés.
    83% I 70% N 64% T 73% P | 5w4 sp/so/sx | Chaotic Good

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    I'll read and enjoy a book from almost any genre, although I avoid Science Fiction and High Fantasy. The reason I avoid Science Fiction is because most of it places too much emphasis on technology and setting, at the cost of individual character development. The reason I avoid High Fantasy is because I read the Lord of the Rings once, and I don't need to read it fifty more times; also, High Fantasy places too much emphasis on imaginary beings and made-up spells that don't in any way touch on the real human condition, or if they do, it's just to repeat a common cliche like "Good conquers evil" or "Love always prevails."
    I once tried writing a high fantasy story... it ended up being about a boy who grew up in the sewer who has to conquer an enchanted 20 feet high sausage roll that eats people. So it's actually quite hard to write a good high fantasy story.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4~9

f a n t a s y
    "...Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?"
    Jace said, "Unfortunately, Lady of the Haven, my one true love remains myself."
    "At least," she said, "you don't have to worry about rejection, Jace Wayland"
    "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally, just to keep it interesting"

- The City Of Bones

Here is my blog where I post my thoughts and feelings. Please have a go and comment if you like.