User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Final fantasy:

  1. #1
    Senior Member ObeyBunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    573

    Default Final fantasy:

    I myself love the Final fantasy games, but it’s true that when you brake it down to its elements, the games are terrible.

    Here: this is a (somewhat lengthy) review of Final Fantasy X. I think you’ll find it quite humorous.

    http://spoonyexperiment.com/category...nal-fantasy-x/

    It doesn't really make a difference if you start at part one or part two. Just start the video at minute 3. I think part two starts out more funny.
    ----
    ---
    ---
    EDIT
    [YOUTUBE="OVJhoitEGuc"]Final fantasy 1[/YOUTUBE]

    Here's another video
    Last edited by ObeyBunny; 06-17-2010 at 11:58 PM.
    Q: "What is the process of seeking the truth?"
    A: "Distilled liquor"

    Q: "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?"
    A: "Between a starving prostitute and a steak sandwich."

    Q:How would a mathematician capture an elephant?
    A:He would build a cage, step inside, and rename his new location as "outside."

  2. #2
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    I love them... well.. actually didn't like 12. Almost everything up to X-2 is cool though. 13 is fun, but different, and not enough exploring.

  3. #3
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    I mostly like 1, 3 (Japanese), and 5. 2 (Japanese) and 4 were okay. 6 and up are garbage that never appealed to me.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  4. #4
    No Cigar Litvyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post
    I myself love the Final fantasy games, but it’s true that when you brake it down to its elements, the games are terrible.

    Here: this is a (somewhat lengthy) review of Final Fantasy X. I think you’ll find it quite humorous.

    http://spoonyexperiment.com/category...nal-fantasy-x/
    The narrator is pretty annoying, but he's right. There are so many ridiculous moments in FF...

  5. #5
    Senior Member Reflection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    345

    Default

    I never finished FFX. The blitzball thing was incredibly stupid and the cutscenes were annoying. There I was, fighting a monster without even knowing why, wondering:"Where is the plot?"

    But I do love FFVII, and I'd love to find a similar video about it. There are tons of things that don't make sense in that one, either.
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

  6. #6
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    This is another one of those "hey this fantasy world doesn't make sense" kind of things. Lame. Fantasy, as a genre, does not try to make sense. That is why it is fantasy. It would be better if they tried to make fun of something that had the illusion of logic like Sherlock Holmes or Star Trek: TNG, or even CSI.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

  7. #7
    Senior Member Reflection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    This is another one of those "hey this fantasy world doesn't make sense" kind of things. Lame. Fantasy, as a genre, does not try to make sense. That is why it is fantasy. It would be better if they tried to make fun of something that had the illusion of logic like Sherlock Holmes or Star Trek: TNG, or even CSI.
    That is blatantly untrue. Fantasy, as a genre, is a depiction of a world different from our own in that it has a completely different set of rules. Yes, the events and beings may seem fantastical to us, but it's perfectly normal to the people living inside it. There are still rules, and these rules must be obeyed. Take FFVII for example (so I don't end up repeating examples the guy in the video used): it is obvious from early on that in this world, gravity functions just the same as it does in our world. The laws of physics might be skewed in some things, but largely it's the same as in our world. Yet you get a protagonist who is somehow capable of wielding an enormous sword almost five times his size. That is unrealistic, even for a fantasy game - because it clashes with the set of rules previously established within the fantasy world.
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

  8. #8
    No Cigar Litvyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Re-using the same annoying plot twist every five minutes has nothing to do with the fantasy background. And I didn't even mention the disgusting amount of lolita fanservice in episodes like X-2 or those terrible forced scenes like the sick laughter of Tidus.

    The review has its own flaws, but the main points still stand.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Reflection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Re-using the same annoying plot twist every five minutes has nothing to do with the fantasy background.
    True; it's just bad writing.
    Last edited by Reflection; 06-17-2010 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Messed up the quote.
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

  10. #10
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Re-using the same annoying plot twist every five minutes has nothing to do with the fantasy background. And I didn't even mention the disgusting amount of lolita fanservice in episodes like X-2 or those terrible forced scenes like the sick laughter of Tidus.

    The review has its own flaws, but the main points still stand.
    This is fair criticism. Bad writing transcends genre. But the guys in the video were like, "look at that dude's hair. And those other dudes are so effeminate. ZOMG!!!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
    That is blatantly untrue. Fantasy, as a genre, is a depiction of a world different from our own in that it has a completely different set of rules. Yes, the events and beings may seem fantastical to us, but it's perfectly normal to the people living inside it. There are still rules, and these rules must be obeyed. Take FFVII for example (so I don't end up repeating examples the guy in the video used): it is obvious from early on that in this world, gravity functions just the same as it does in our world. The laws of physics might be skewed in some things, but largely it's the same as in our world. Yet you get a protagonist who is somehow capable of wielding an enormous sword almost five times his size. That is unrealistic, even for a fantasy game - because it clashes with the set of rules previously established within the fantasy world.
    Your example doesn't contradict anything established in FFVII. If Cloud were supposed to be a weakling then picking up a huge sword wouldn't make sense. According to the story he was infused with energy that made him superhuman, so picking up a huge sword doesn't really contradict anything.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Similar Threads

  1. Final Fantasy
    By Athenian200 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-24-2016, 06:34 PM
  2. The Final Fantasy Thread
    By The_Liquid_Laser in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 08-27-2012, 02:27 AM
  3. Final Fantasy XIII?
    By mellanae in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-08-2011, 05:49 AM
  4. Final Fantasy 13
    By Scott N Denver in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 07:27 PM
  5. Final Fantasy types
    By Into It in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 11:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO