User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Firefly

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Default Firefly

My boyfriend just recently bought the entire series dvd set (which is only 14 episodes) I had never heard of this show, and when he began to tell me what the series was about, i was sort of skeptical. I watched the series and i am absolutely in love with it. I can't believe it was canceled. I've found myself being very obsessed with it and looking up lots of information about the series. I didn't know this show had such a huge fan base! Did anyone here watch this show? I also had to download Serenity and watch that. Good stuff. I love Mal and Jayne. Jayne made me laugh every 5 minutes.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

I Firefly. Just the concept is exciting to me! I haven't actually seen the episodes, but once I watched the movie I was hooked. I asked for the first and only season for Christmas, so we shall see if I get it. It's a good concept. I really wish they hadn't cancelled it. That was a bastard's move.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Love Firefly. Bought myself Serenity for Christmas and I've been a good girl and not watched it yet. I can't wait.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Love Firefly. Bought myself Serenity for Christmas and I've been a good girl and not watched it yet. I can't wait.
    It's really good. I was sad after watching it though because now there is just no more Firefly to watch at all. =(
    INFP 4w5
    facebook

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    It's really good. I was sad after watching it though because now there is just no more Firefly to watch at all. =(
    I went out looking for a good replacement fix and am now hooked on Angel. Fortunately they made five seasons of that.

Isn't Joss's upcoming thing called Dollhouse or something? Whatever it is, I'm going to be checking it out.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP

It was a great show, but far too many horses and westernisms for my money. I suspect that this had something to do with budget restrictions. It would've been interesting to see what they could've done in the second season if they'd had a successful first season. A lot more space cg scenes, a lot less horses probably.

Never did find out the backstory of the preacher.

Best. Show. EVAR.

I wish Serenity had gone into Book's back story. Damn you, Whedon!

My favorite thing about Firefly...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

This is a weird thing to fixate on, but does anyone know why Ron Glass (Shepherd Book) was so much thinner in Serenity?
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    This is a weird thing to fixate on, but does anyone know why Ron Glass (Shepherd Book) was so much thinner in Serenity?
    i didn't even notice he was thinner, but i hope its nothing serious. perhaps he wanted to shed a few pounds?
    INFP 4w5
    facebook

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

It aged him so much.
    ~ John Rogers