Banned
    MBTI
    eNxp
    Enneagram
    5/7
    Socionics
    eii

AB-SO-LUTELY.

Like others have said, it depends on the music, but it happens often for me. Having been on both sides of the music receiving/giving spectrum, I'd say it feels at least as good for the performer as it does for the audience as far as intense euporia is concerned. As a performer though, you are probably more likely to feel it as there is a greater chance of you connecting with at least one person in a large group of people versus being one member of the audience connecting with just one person performing. Being with a group of people as you experience this may have some effect on a single audience member, but probably not as much as it does on the performer. Not to mention the fact that as a performer you have a large group of people paying most if not all of their attention on you, which can be a rush on its own.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I don't think I've ever felt a sense of euphoria from music. I've been deeply moved by music, though, which is usually surprising for me since I'm not a very emotional person. I felt this way the most when I was in the middle of getting a divorce - love songs that I had never understood made perfect sense finally.

There are songs that really make me want to dance, too. Dance + music makes me feel more 'euphoric' than just listening to it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

If something is really good, it's hard to explain, but I can sort of get "chills".

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

I get chills too, along with vivid imagery, self-identification with theme, which would end up in tears or joy or sadness.. Sometimes it's absurd, and I don't know why it's provoking emotion in me. Like it could just be a clever segue in the rhythm, and a witty line.. and I'm stunned. Good songwriting doesn't come easy. My sense of euphoria is not deep in that case or anything.. it's just recognizing something that sounds "awesome". Some songs are just epic.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Yes. All the time. I only actively listen to music that makes me happy, inspired, emotional etc.

Do you associate sound with colors?
    It's called synesthesia. It's when one or more senses are linked.
    It's a neurological phenomena that occurs in a small percentage of the population.

Do you also feel incredibly bad, like physically freaking awful from listening to some sorts of music?
    There are a few things I can't stand, nu-metal is one of those things.
    I really have to turn it off or leave the room.
    Well, sometimes there is no alternative but to endure, and then I try to zone out.
    Redbone sent me here.

I've had two distinctly different experiences sleeping with the radio on all night. The first involved NPR radio. In order to help myself sleep, I expected them to play some soothing light jazz or classical all night. Instead, sometime around 4 or 5 AM, while still asleep, I became subtly aware of a profoundly unpleasant disturbance emanating from deep within my soul. This slowly roused me from my sleep and I then became aware of the source - NPR had chosen to play some of the most ethnic and downright nauseating Mexican music you will ever hear. I have never listened to NPR since then.

The second experience was based on a similar kind of event. I turned on some talk radio to sleep to, and sometime in the middle of the night while still asleep I became aware of an extremely euphoric sensation. I slowly woke from my dream but not completely, because I did not want to spoil the moment. Playing on the radio was a Barbra Streisand duet which I don't normally respond to much at all while fully awake.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I experience it. I also have some musical training (piano, singing, even a couple of shorter attempts to play the clarinet and the bells) and my father was a musician. I don't know if this has anything to do with it.

I have a lot of Si association with certain older songs, so I have these intensely euphoric experiences listen to songs that I connect to past experiences or whatever.

Like this song. It might make you feel nothing, but because I associate it with things I felt and experienced when I was 18 or 20, it gives me a feeling of euphoria.

Just last night someone told me to listen to this song when I was sad, and maybe it has something to do with who told me to listen to the song (emotional association with the person), but this song made me feel euphoric and it was the very first time I had ever heard it, so I think it might actually be due to inherent qualities in the music:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

What about synesthesia? Like hearing colors, smells, textures...? I think almost everyone feels euphoria with music, but there are some people who associate specific pitches & timbres with specific colors & things like that. The most I've ever had is feeling blue, watery sensations or dry, hot feelings listening to certain songs.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm almost positive that this happens to everyone, even if they don't tell you so. How could it not?

Maybe an exception of tone-deaf people - I have no idea.
    -end of thread-

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

no, I mean the OP
    -end of thread-

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by FunnyDigestion View Post
    What about synesthesia? Like hearing colors, smells, textures...? I think almost everyone feels euphoria with music, but there are some people who associate specific pitches & timbres with specific colors & things like that. The most I've ever had is feeling blue, watery sensations or dry, hot feelings listening to certain songs.
    I think I have mild synesthesia, and I also have really good capabilities for internal sensory imagery (like I can almost smell something by thinking about it, taste it, feel it) ...so yeah I don't know.