User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Default Stanley Cup Finals!

OK, so the Flyers (my team) are on an improbable run to the Cup, and they are facing a very young, very talented, hard-to-dislike Blackhawks team. Any predictions? Trash talk? Bizarre comments? I want to hear it all.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    OK, so the Flyers (my team) are on an improbable run to the Cup, and they are facing a very young, very talented, hard-to-dislike Blackhawks team. Any predictions? Trash talk? Bizarre comments? I want to hear it all.
    Prediction: Flyers win the first game but Chicago wins the series in 6.
    Duncan Keith will shine for Blackhawks D, Toews will finish up with either a 3rd period or OT goal in the last game. Youthful enthusiasm and less-beaten bodies will mean end stage NHL hockey is ruled by the Blackhawks.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Hockey is a strange sport. You could have a team of all-stars, but if the players can't play well together and accent each other's strengths, the team will not have much variability and will lose badly to the first team of mediocre (well they aren't mediocre if they are in the NHL, but mediocre on the average the NHL) players that can play really well together.

That said, the Blackhawks are going to win, sorry .

Epiphany

I predict that Patrick Kane will turn to the dark side, but ultimately bring balance to the Force. Seriously, doesn't he look like Anakin Skywalker?

I have been a Flyers fan so long that one of my earliest memories is the 1975 Stanley Cup With that said, I must be honest and predict the Hawks in 6.

I certainly hope I'm wrong, and I think hockey is the hardest sport in which to predict the outcome of a playoff series. So may I prove to be stupid!

[youtube=sRMtXUgVp0c]Good Luck Charm[/youtube]
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

It would be really great for the Blackhawks to win. I'm not a hockey fan but there aren't many winning teams from Chicago (well, the Bulls with two three-peats in the 90s I guess, and the 1986 Bears would be the only exceptions).

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    It would be really great for the Blackhawks to win. I'm not a hockey fan but there aren't many winning teams from Chicago (well, the Bulls with two three-peats in the 90s I guess, and the 1986 Bears would be the only exceptions).
    Both of those teams have won a championship more recently than the Sixers (1983) or the Eagles (1960). The Phillies won the World Series two years ago, but the White Sox won in 2005.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

Epiphany

The last time the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup was in 1961. The Flyers won it in 1975. I live in the midwest, so I'm definitely rooting for Chicago, but I won't be too disappointed if Philadelphia wins either. They are both great teams this year.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    The last time the Blackhawks won the Stanley Cup was in 1961. The Flyers won it in 1975. I live in the midwest, so I'm definitely rooting for Chicago, but I won't be too disappointed if Philadelphia wins either. They are both great teams this year.
    I agree. This is a great matchup but I have to give the edge to Chicago.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Before the season started ..looking at the teams on paper and going by the previous season. Philly was my pre season pick
    That being said .. after 82 games and 3 rounds .. I am taking Chicago