• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Atomic Fiend

Buy this game. Immediately. If you have a car and 50 bucks (and can spare cash for taxes) drive to your local game distributor and purchase this sexy piece of wii goodness, Now. Don't reply, don't close the browser, just get in your car go to the store and buy it.

That is all.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
TBH I haven't been a fan of Nintendo's direction with their franchises, and the Wii. I played Twilight Princess, but stopped in the middle of it because I had more fun playing that game when it was called Ocarina of Time. Metroid Prime and its follow ups were good though, I love how they transferred the series.

I really only play Wii sports plus, but maybe I'll give this a rent.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
This game is pretty good. Really exercises your Ti. That being said, it's almost too Ti not giving way to other functional input. The first game had a lot of Se and Ni moments... :( Sadness.

Now on to WTF am I talking about:

This game focuses a lot more of different play mechanics and different ways to use them. Nearly every star has something new to do. That being said, the world is much more linear or at least appears that way. The first game had much more of a sense of wonderment, not just because it was new but because you never knew when and where you would have to exercise your noggin.

117 stars btw...

kendoiwan

I am Sofa King!!!
MBTI Type
IsTP
FYI I still have no idea wtf you're talking about. Every galaxy is different as you already pointed out. They make use of all kinds of different mechanics to that end. And that's not counting the comets.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just arrived today (Ordered it last week after I checked it out at NintendoWorld); played it for a bit awhile ago, and got up to the funny shaped big planetoid in the Yoshi Star galaxy.

First 3D Mario game. Had been waiting for 3D Mario since the 80's, but by the time Mario 64 came out, I for some reason no longer had the time for games.
3D is totally different than 2D, where the mission is clear: to keep going right.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
we've got it and the kids love it, especially our five year old!

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got to the Cosmic Cove today, and that's the first time I've ever seen a 3D water world, let alone play one. I always wondered how the controls would work underwater 3D. Takes getting used to. And now, they have an air meter that you have to keep replenishing, which I had never seen before. Makes sense, though.
The water looks so real (except for the falls). And then you can turn it to ice too.

(Don't even know if previous 3D games, 64, Sunshine and the first Galaxy had full underwater worlds).

G

garbage

I beat bowser down like a bitch

I managed to get 120 in the first Super Mario Galaxy (but didn't bother with the second 120), but I don't know if I have the patience this time

the stars I probably won't bother with are most of the stupid minigame ones, where you have like 2 seconds to blow up boxes with bombs and fireballs

overall, though, this game has been well worth the money

peterson

It includes the amazing gravity-defying, physics-based exploration from the first game, but is loaded with entirely new galaxies and features to challenge and delight players.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This game is pretty good. Really exercises your Ti. That being said, it's almost too Ti not giving way to other functional input. The first game had a lot of Se and Ni moments... :( Sadness.

Now on to WTF am I talking about:

This game focuses a lot more of different play mechanics and different ways to use them. Nearly every star has something new to do. That being said, the world is much more linear or at least appears that way. The first game had much more of a sense of wonderment, not just because it was new but because you never knew when and where you would have to exercise your noggin.

117 stars btw...

I still don't see how the game requires excessive Ti... most of the challenge in Mario games in general seems to be the jumping itself. Many other challenges and some puzzles in the SMG series, but still a platformer at heart.

Also, this game is epically awesome. I have 74 stars and currently working on defeating Bowser.

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
I still don't see how the game requires excessive Ti... most of the challenge in Mario games in general seems to be the jumping itself. Many other challenges and some puzzles in the SMG series, but still a platformer at heart.

Also, this game is epically awesome. I have 74 stars and currently working on defeating Bowser.

This game exercises your Ti because it's balls to the wall about it's mechanics. It makes you consciously learn a new mechanic and apply it to a variety of scenarios and eventually perfect it by the end of the level.

With the first game, it was more Ni because you had to identify patterns in how navigating the levels worked and put two and two together.

The difference is that in two not everything has significance. It's tough to explain. The first game was definitely more cohesive for me, as a game world.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Of course it is. I'm getting it by the second week of January. I bought it online. It is not here yet.