User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

I got to the Cosmic Cove today, and that's the first time I've ever seen a 3D water world, let alone play one. I always wondered how the controls would work underwater 3D. Takes getting used to. And now, they have an air meter that you have to keep replenishing, which I had never seen before. Makes sense, though.
    The water looks so real (except for the falls). And then you can turn it to ice too.

(Don't even know if previous 3D games, 64, Sunshine and the first Galaxy had full underwater worlds).
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

garbage

I beat bowser down like a bitch

I managed to get 120 in the first Super Mario Galaxy (but didn't bother with the second 120), but I don't know if I have the patience this time

the stars I probably won't bother with are most of the stupid minigame ones, where you have like 2 seconds to blow up boxes with bombs and fireballs

overall, though, this game has been well worth the money

It includes the amazing gravity-defying, physics-based exploration from the first game, but is loaded with entirely new galaxies and features to challenge and delight players.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    This game is pretty good. Really exercises your Ti. That being said, it's almost too Ti not giving way to other functional input. The first game had a lot of Se and Ni moments... Sadness.

Now on to WTF am I talking about:

This game focuses a lot more of different play mechanics and different ways to use them. Nearly every star has something new to do. That being said, the world is much more linear or at least appears that way. The first game had much more of a sense of wonderment, not just because it was new but because you never knew when and where you would have to exercise your noggin.

117 stars btw...
    I still don't see how the game requires excessive Ti... most of the challenge in Mario games in general seems to be the jumping itself. Many other challenges and some puzzles in the SMG series, but still a platformer at heart.

Also, this game is epically awesome. I have 74 stars and currently working on defeating Bowser.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    I still don't see how the game requires excessive Ti... most of the challenge in Mario games in general seems to be the jumping itself. Many other challenges and some puzzles in the SMG series, but still a platformer at heart.

Also, this game is epically awesome. I have 74 stars and currently working on defeating Bowser.
    This game exercises your Ti because it's balls to the wall about it's mechanics. It makes you consciously learn a new mechanic and apply it to a variety of scenarios and eventually perfect it by the end of the level.

With the first game, it was more Ni because you had to identify patterns in how navigating the levels worked and put two and two together.

The difference is that in two not everything has significance. It's tough to explain. The first game was definitely more cohesive for me, as a game world.

Dear friends, please tell me the Super Mario Galaxy 2's formula code for save against fire.

MBTI
    INTJ

So the game is only for XNTJs and XSTPs?

MBTI
    INTJ

Copped it yesterday...yeah it's real good. REAL good.

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Of course it is. I'm getting it by the second week of January. I bought it online. It is not here yet.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post
    Of course it is. I'm getting it by the second week of January. I bought it online. It is not here yet.
    I'll have beat this game by the time you get it. It's MUNDO fun